Your absolute favorite song from Physical Graffiti?

dpat

Your favorite track from Physical Graffiti  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Sorry, I had to combine some tracks -- this website only allows a max of 12 choices!

• Custard Pie
    • The Rover
    • In My Time of Dying
    • House of the Holy
    • Trampled Underfoot
    • Kashmir
    • In the Light
    • Bron-Yr-Aur / Down by the Seaside / Boogie with Stu / Black Country Woman
    • Ten Years Gone
    • Night Flight
    • The Wanton Song
    • Sick Again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I Love the Ocean..and the very 1st song I hear was what I called the OO song. after buying the lp i found out it was dyer maker.

1. hots to no one

2.tea for one

3.and the "It was an April morning when I thought we should go. I smiled at you you smiled at me I couldn't say no. etc..

4.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah aaaaaaah and they come from the land of the ice and snow & the hot springs are and the the wind bellows. (?) came across to the western show.

5. I'm never sure how he sings the things he sings. I read some of the lyrics and was totally shocked I was singing it wrong the whole time.

I Love the Ocean..and the very 1st song I hear was what I called the OO song. after buying the lp i found out it was dyer maker.

1. hots to no one

2.tea for one

3.and the "It was an April morning when I thought we should go. I smiled at you you smiled at me I couldn't say no. etc..

4.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah aaaaaaah and they come from the land of the ice and snow & the hot springs are and the the wind bellows. (?) came across to the western show.

5. I'm never sure how he sings the things he sings. I read some of the lyrics and was totally shocked I was singing it wrong the whole time.

None of them are PG thing...

• 4 weeks later...

Surprisingly I actually have a favorite (In My Time Of Dying)... although Kashmir, The Rover, and Night Flight come *this* close. I'm more into the actual instruments/vocals than the lyrics...

• 3 weeks later...

Down by the seaside.

Oh my go this song is so underrated...but its amazing.

But I'd say:

1. In My Time of Dying

2. Down by the Seaside

3. In the Light (also ridiculously underrated...)

...the rest are all great too...seriosuly. Physical Grafitti is 2nd only to LZ II.

i heard Kashmir long long ago ... it was one of my all time favorites for soooooo long, then a long while after that i listened to the rover .... i loved the dirty tune and licked my way all through it, it was one of those favorite for a week songs .... but then i heard in the light ... but unlike the rover it stayed in my ears for weeks and week, 'cuz for in the light, it's the top ... or it's the bottom ... for me in the light would be my favorite led zepp song of all time and even better than STH ... and one of the most underrated songs in musical history .... it really made me find the road :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I could easily say Kashmir, Custard Pie, The Rover, Trampled Underfoot, Sick Again, The Wanton Song, Night Flight, etc., etc. But for me, it's always been In My Time Of Dying. The power of this song doesn't let up!

I voted for the Rover but In the Light was a close second. I've always thought In the Light has been underappreciated. For all you Kashmire fans, the key word here is favorite, not best. I do concede Kashmir is undoubtedly one of the best songs they have ever written.

• 1 month later...

Archived