Your absolute favorite song from Physical Graffiti?

dpat

Your favorite track from Physical Graffiti  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Sorry, I had to combine some tracks -- this website only allows a max of 12 choices!

• Custard Pie
    • The Rover
    • In My Time of Dying
    • House of the Holy
    • Trampled Underfoot
    • Kashmir
    • In the Light
    • Bron-Yr-Aur / Down by the Seaside / Boogie with Stu / Black Country Woman
    • Ten Years Gone
    • Night Flight
    • The Wanton Song
    • Sick Again

• 1 month later...

The Rover, because it has a drama to it and the best lyrics of any Zeppelin song, IMO....but I also would count Trampled Underfoot (kick-ass rock and roll) Bron-yr-Aur (beautiful) In My Time of Dying (great blues tune) and Boogie with Stu (just fun) among my favorites. Apparently I am very unusual in that Kashmir is not one of my favorites.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Thank you for putting Bron-Yr-Aur, Seaside, Boogie with Stu, & BCW together!!! I would've just left this poll without a vote because those are all my favorite songs, but another one is In the light, and In My Time of Dying. Those are all killers!

Such a great album overall. Perhaps my favorite. It's interesting that the mood of the album truly matches the gritty yet multi- dimensional album cover. It's hard to pick a favorite, but I would have to go with In the Light. The droning bagpipe keyboards; the many various sections to the song; the multi-tracked and delayed guitar overlays at the end; Bonzo's powerful but elegant drumming and use of a ride cymbal; the heavy Sabbath like riff; and Robert's great vocal, all make this a force to be reckoned with. A beautiful and dynamic piece of music.

The Rover. I think it's one of the songs which most captures the essence of Led Zeppelin...an amazing riff by Jimmy, Robert in top form, and a really powerful rythm section...yeah, one of their best songs ever in my opinion.

Kashmir is close behind biggrin.gif

Ah man, like trying to pick ya favourite child, but voted The Rover, all the above sentiments and how RAUNCHY that guitar gets, only Pagey can create that!

• 2 months later...

Holy crap, no way can I answer this one. It's such a powerful album, musically, emotionally, and intellectually. Could be 'Sick Again', could be 'Custard Pie', (those two songs... man, they are just soooo damn sexy!) or even 'Wanton Song'... Nope, I can't choose. I love them all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This is my list here:

Kashmir 

In the Light

Ten Years Gone

In My Time of Dying

Houses of the Holy

Down by the Seaside

Custard Pie

Trampled Under Foot

The Rover

Boogie with Stu

Night Flight

Black Country Woman

The Wanton Song

Bron-Yr-Aur

Sick Again (the only song I don't like on the album)

This is my list here:

Kashmir 

In My Time of Dying

In the Light

Ten Years Gone

Houses of the Holy

Down by the Seaside

Custard Pie

Trampled Under Foot

The Rover

The Wanton Song

Boogie with Stu

Night Flight

Black Country Woman

Bron-Yr-Aur

Sick Again (the only song I don't like on the album)

• 2 weeks later...

I think the LP is a staggering masterpiece; not just in their catalogue of great music but of rock music in general.

My favourite keeps changing although Bonzo drumming on Custard Pie is astonishing and Trampled Under Foot shows that they were prepared to experiment with funk rhythms. Kashmir stands up on every level a staggering piece of works and as an LP this is a band prepared to explore all facets of their collective talents.

Noticed that Rolling Stone still has a downer on this LP all these years on and I do not understand that.

• 6 months later...

Archived