Places they never played

Led Zeppelin got around a bit, but there are many countries they surprisingly didn't play. I'm not really referring to places where it was impossible because of politics et al (though I know they almost went to the Soviet Union), but places where there were no such obstacles and the band was likely to have something of a fanbase. Here's a list - I was wondering if you could think of any more.

Spain

Portugal

Greece

Hong Kong

South Korea

Brazil

Argentina

Mexico

I'm also surprised they only played Italy once, although the violence at the Milan gig probably put them off.

It's possible they planned to cover some or all these places during the 75-through-76 tour, but the accident in Rhodes obviously put the kybosh on that. Still, I'm curious why they didn't play these places earlier.

It's possible they planned to cover some or all these places during the 75-through-76 tour, but the accident in Rhodes obviously put the kybosh on that. Still, I'm curious why they didn't play these places earlier.

I believe Peter Grant said he had intended to take them to South America in Autumn '75, as well as a return to Scandanavia before having them play the UK towards the end of the year. Mind you, it was all very tentative, and the only confirmed cancellation is Uusi Messuhalli in Helsinki scheduled for 11/5/75.

I know that LZ played in Houston, Texas on almost all of their U.S. tours, but I think it would have been amazing if they had played in Galveston, Texas. Galveston is an island approximately 50 miles south of Houston. Galveston Island is probably most famous for the 1900 hurricane that pretty much wiped out the whole island. It again was hit most recently by the hurricane named "Rita" almost one year ago (September 2008). Anyway I was born in Galveston in 1970. Maybe if they did play in Galveston in the early 1970's, my parents might have gone to see them and taken me with them. Just kidding. The closest I can say to something like that is that my father took his youngest brother (my uncle) to a Zeppelin concert in 1975 in Austin, Texas (I was only 4 years old). My father was in college at the University of Texas then and only dropped him off and picked him up after the gig. If I am not mistaken, this was the concert where one or more members of Bad Company jammed with Zeppelin on one of thier encores. Believe me, I have asked my uncle about this and he says he clearly remembers this concert.

I know that LZ played in Houston, Texas on almost all of their U.S. tours, but I think it would have been amazing if they had played in Galveston, Texas.

Closest to playing Galveston was Jimmy with The Yardbirds in both Harlingen (Civic Auditorium) and Corpus Christi (Memorial Coliseum) on 10/30/66.

Led Zeppelin got around a bit, but there are many countries they surprisingly didn't play. I'm not really referring to places where it was impossible because of politics et al (though I know they almost went to the Soviet Union), but places where there were no such obstacles and the band was likely to have something of a fanbase. Here's a list - I was wondering if you could think of any more.

Spain

Portugal

Greece

Hong Kong

South Korea

Brazil

Argentina

Mexico

I'm also surprised they only played Italy once, although the violence at the Milan gig probably put them off.

........my back garden.

Archived