Aleister Crowley

lzzoso

What was Jimmy Page's and/or Led Zeppelin's relation to or involvement with Aleister Crowley? The man who called himself, "the Great Beast 666". It seems there has to be something considering all the "documented evidence" that has been written about Led Zeppelin and Mr. Crowley.

Any facts, hearsay, or opinions?

What was Jimmy Page's and/or Led Zeppelin's relation to or involvement with Aleister Crowley? The man who called himself, "the Great Beast 666". It seems there has to be something considering all the "documented evidence" that has been written about Led Zeppelin and Mr. Crowley.

The connections are many and obvious, but they all stem from Jimmy's interest in him.

The other three members of Led Zeppelin took little personal interest in any of it.

There have been many posts and threads about Jimmy's interest in Crowley and occult. Try to search for them. It could be useful. :)

Yes, several of the most recent have been started by this same person. Evidently they will persist until they get the answer they're looking for. I've thrown my lot in, but apparently what I know and have shared isn't it. :(

Yes, several of the most recent have been started by this same person. Evidently they will persist until they get the answer they're looking for. I've thrown my lot in, but apparently what I know and have shared isn't it. :(

Ev, where's your "Occult thread"? We should dig it out again.

What's your own opinion, lzzoso?

The secret brotherhood of the 12 headed serpent is interested in your interest, but we must be sure about your motives before we can send a messenger.

Om Nama Reshvathotep,

(Keeper of the Sign to the Gate of Yog-Sothoth, 7th grade initiate to the Würd of the Temple of the Eye)

Tetragrammaton!!!!! :D

I'm curios Lzzoso, many of the threads you start are Crowley or Zeppelin on Drugs oriented. Is it purely the scandal you seek? Just asking. If so, just read Hammer of the Gods. All the sensationalist garbage is in there. I ask because I and several others have gone to the trouble of giving you the true side of it, in some cases in great detail, and you seem dissatisfied with what we've shared. It seems you won't be happy until someone comes along and confirms Jimmy hangs upside down like a bat when resting.

Tetragrammaton!!!!! :D

I'm curios Lzzoso, many of the threads you start are Crowley or Zeppelin on Drugs oriented. Is it purely the scandal you seek? Just asking. If so, just read Hammer of the Gods. All the sensationalist garbage is in there. I ask because I and several others have gone to the trouble of giving you the true side of it, in some cases in great detail, and you seem dissatisfied with what we've shared. It seems you won't be happy until someone comes along and confirms Jimmy hangs upside down like a bat when resting.

To be honest, what I seek the most about Led Zeppelin is their music. We all know the complete history of the studio albums. To me live Led Zeppelin is where it is at. That is why I have collected as many live bootlegs (records, tapes, cd's and dvd's) in the past 25 years that I could. In the past year alone I have purchased 2 Earl's Court dvd's (May 24 and May 25), Knebworth 1979 dvd, Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes dvd, Page/Plant in Buenos Aires 1996 dvd, the Firm live at the Hammersmith Odeon 1984 dvd and Jimmy Page with Aerosmith live at Castle Donnington and live at the Marquee club dvd. All great stuff. I watch all these dvd's frequently.

However, I am very interested in the "other" side of Led Zeppelin. Whether that involves some of the aspects I have brought up (Crowley and Drugs or backstage activities). This aspect of Led Zeppelin also fascinates me. Having been a die-hard fan and knowing almost all the history of their music and tours, I like to know about these other activities the band parcipitated in. If you wanna call them "scandals" so be it. The reason I start such topics is to read and learn about what others have read or learned about these things that maybe I haven't. My intentions are not to offend or insult or upset anybody.

The reason I start such topics is to read and learn about what others have read or learned about these things that maybe I haven't. My intentions are not to offend or insult or upset anybody.

I understand what you're saying. And I personally am not offended. I just feel, as I said, that I and others have made large contributions to your queries, yet you seem not be finding the answers you seek. It's all available to you here. I'm just lost when I explain Crowleyan Thelema in detail, and its influence on Jimmy, his interest in it, and his use of imagery in Led Zeppelin's live performances, yet you reply saying it wasn't what you're after. Please excuse my frustration. It's not my intention to be rude or dismissive to you. I'm just wondering what it is I'm failing to put out there for you.

I understand what you're saying. And I personally am not offended. I just feel, as I said, that I and others have made large contributions to your queries, yet you seem not be finding the answers you seek. It's all available to you here. I'm just lost when I explain Crowleyan Thelema in detail, and its influence on Jimmy, his interest in it, and his use of imagery in Led Zeppelin's live performances, yet you reply saying it wasn't what you're after. Please excuse my frustration. It's not my intention to be rude or dismissive to you. I'm just wondering what it is I'm failing to put out there for you.

You know what? I have read what you have written and I respect that immensely. To be completely honest, even though I "thought" I knew all about Mr.Page, what you have said about Thelema and such and about what practices Mr. Page may have or may have not been invloved in is quite extensive. Very detailed. However, I do appreciate the information. Like I have said before, I love and respect the man, Jimmy Page, so much that he is the one that I most admire in the whole "entertainment" industry.

lzzoso, the thing is, when I saw your threads, like this Crowley one and the drug one, I don't know what to say. I'm just not sure what you want to say. The man called himself The Great Beast 666? Then you should probably learn more about Crowley before you talk about his connection with Zeppelin.

And those are horses already beaten to death, people have talked, discussed and debated about those topics for so many times(and I'm even not so long on this board myself). There is a reason why there is a "search" function, you can find a lot of useful and interesting stuff through that, like what Ev has contributed to these questions before.

Archived