Forum update

sam_webmaster

I'm not sure what I think of the font.

They say serifs are harder to read on a screen than san serif fonts.

It's very small still, IMO, but I think that has to do with the fact that my new Macbook is 13," not because I need stronger reading glasses. :P

Also depends on your computer/monitor. On my Mac, which I use most of the time, it looks nicer with this font.

I'm going to add a second skin tomorrow and you'll be able to select whichever one you prefer.

There's still some glitches to work out, but once you get used to it, this newer software upgrade really is much better.

And the "Reputation" function should be disabled now, due to popular vote.

I like the font Sam. It looks fine on my 20" PC monitor. I like the whole package now that the lag has subsided. Growing pains, I know. But yeah, it looks f-ing great! Can't wait to see the second skin option! :beer:

Everything does look great layout-wise, I'm just not a fan of serif fonts, is all. However I understand that for most people here, they're easier to read so majority rules.

Actually, studies show a sans serif font is easier to read on a computer monitor and a serif font in print. That's what the pundits say anyway :) Personally, size is everything (no double entendre intended) :P

The new layout looks great!

It will take a while to get used to it.

I liked having the member's location with their profile underneath their avitar in the past. And it would be nice to also include the gender in this section.

As an eye doctor, I think that the new font is very readable. But it needs to be just a little larger and darker for the presbyopic members to see it better (those who wear bifocals, lol). :)

The new layout looks great!

It will take a while to get used to it.

I liked having the member's location with their profile underneath their avitar in the past. And it would be nice to also include the gender in this section.

As an eye doctor, I think that the new font is very readable. But it needs to be just a little larger and darker for the presbyopic members to see it better (those who wear bifocals, lol). :)

Agreed, larger please!! Aha! Now I get it! Buck'eye' doc! Very clever! :)

One other teeny suggestion. As far as I can tell, you have to click on your username to get the pulldown menu that tells you if you have any messages or not? Whereas before, there was an automatic notification at the top of the page if you had new messages. (I'm referring to those who don't receive e-mail notifications of every message.) I suppose in time I'll remember this extra step of looking to see if I have messages--it was just useful when there was a reminder right in front of me!

One other teeny suggestion. As far as I can tell, you have to click on your username to get the pulldown menu that tells you if you have any messages or not? Whereas before, there was an automatic notification at the top of the page if you had new messages. (I'm referring to those who don't receive e-mail notifications of every message.) I suppose in time I'll remember this extra step of looking to see if I have messages--it was just useful when there was a reminder right in front of me!

That's strange because when I logged on today a message popped up like it did on the old one. Hmmm.....

Looks really clean overall and I really like the black background wall when logging in; nicer continuity throughout. Love the new look of the main forum page. A couple of things: when trying to respond to PM's it's not allowing me to do so, saying they're deleted(?) even though I'm looking right at them. Also, it would be cool if the main titles of each section ie/"Ramble On" could be in bold, and the subtitles could be left in standard form. It just makes the different sections stand out more, for what it's worth :)

You'll adapt! We all do! :D

I like serifs myself. In the appropriate places. :beer:

Yeah, I've always been partial to serifs too. In the appropriate places of course. :lol: Like Sam said, this font does look really good on a MacBook. Thumbs up Sam! :thumbsup:

One other tweak you might want to make is the "View New Content" page -- it's really spread out waaaay over the place, needs some tightening. (It also seems strange to see the new label on the browser back button, that will take a day or two to get used to).

My 2 cents:

I noticed that the Interests section is gone from items below the Member's Avatar in the posts.... Good ! ! That "Interests" area alone could take up to 6 or 7 spaces.

I would like the gender and Location back though.

Most everyone is in the Group "Members", so maybe only those in "other groups" could have their designation appear.

To see the font easily with my 50+ eyeballs.... I now have the dreaded slider at the bottom of my 19" CRT !

I would love to see threads I'm watching appear with a "User CP" Button ..

• Administrators

At the bottom of left of the page, there's now a drop-down box where you can select an alternate simple style skin, "IP.Board", or the default "LZ1". "Lo-Fi" is text only, if you're on a PDA or limited connection.

Still working on a few other things.

Archived