how many of you actually saw zepp in concert and when{pre 1980 only}

ledbagelz

this could take a while cos i'm an old old hippy :)

1969 Cardiff top rank and Bath Festival

1970 Colston Hall Bristol and Bath Festival

1971 Bath Pavillion

1972 Cardiff Capitol both nights

1973 Aberystwyth

1975 Earls Court two nights

1979 Knebworth Park both shows

there done

I beg to differ, you're a mature hippy, just like me! ;)

IYO which was the best performance?

1971 Bath Pavillion

1973 Aberystwyth

there done

Hey you 'Old' Hippy ! !

What were the Top three Zeppelin concerts you saw ? ?

1971 Bath Pavillion

1973 Aberystwyth

there done

hmmm thread seems to have died

I think, at least in my case, I had no response to your post because I am in awe of your amazing list! I think there are only one or two in this thread who can claim that they saw Zep in concert over a ten year period. In my case, my live Zep experiences were from '71-'75 only.

To old hippies! :beer::hippy:

I think, at least in my case, I had no response to your post because I am in awe of your amazing list! I think there are only one or two in this thread who can claim that they saw Zep in concert over a ten year period. In my case, my live Zep experiences were from '71-'75 only.

To old hippies! :beer::hippy:

Cheers! :beer:

I'd love to hear about the Aberstwyth show! Isn't that the one where the townsfolk had no idea what hit them? And the band was like, what's up with these people? And it was all kind of odd?

Come back, mature (Welsh?) hippy. Peace & Love. :)

I saw Led Zep at the Garden June 1977. It was definitely one of the best and most memorable concerts I have ever seen.

Also was at the premiere of the Led Zep movie October 1976 where I got Pagey's autograph and took the picture below (sorry it's so grainy but I can't find the negatives since I moved last year).

pagey76.jpg

I saw Led Zep at the Garden June 1977. It was definitely one of the best and most memorable concerts I have ever seen.

Also was at the premiere of the Led Zep movie October 1976 where I got Pagey's autograph and took the picture below (sorry it's so grainy but I can't find the negatives since I moved last year).

pagey76.jpg

Great Pic and I imagine a great memory for you

Twice,the first time december 7 Manchester England.The second time may 24 Earls court London.I wish it could have been more but i guess i have to be happy to have seen them twice.

June 7’ 77 @ Madison Square Garden. No warm up band, the lights went out and they jammed into the “Song Remains the Same” and jumped into “Sick Again”. Does anyone remember the laser lights over JPJ projected onto the ceiling during his solo in “No Quarter” .

I wish they played “Hots on For Nowhere”. On July 10’ 00, at the Jones Beach Theater Jimmy Page & the Black Crows played “Hots”. That was another fun show.

June 7’ 77 @ Madison Square Garden. No warm up band, the lights went out and they jammed into the “Song Remains the Same” and jumped into “Sick Again”. Does anyone remember the laser lights over JPJ projected onto the ceiling during his solo in “No Quarter” .

I wish they played “Hots on For Nowhere”. On July 10’ 00, at the Jones Beach Theater Jimmy Page & the Black Crows played “Hots”. That was another fun show.

Yes they used them at every show if you look at the pictures 77 section of the main site I posted some pictures of the lasers at the Baton Rouge 77 show It was pretty simular at all the shows I saw.

1971 Bath Pavillion

1973 Aberystwyth

there done

Do you happen to have any of your ticket stubs? Would love to check them out, especially the "rare" ones (besides Earls/Knebworth).

Do you happen to have any of your ticket stubs? Would love to check them out, especially the "rare" ones (besides Earls/Knebworth).

Mobile, Al May 13, 1973......awsome small venue for them!!!!(Lost ticket in divorce)

Still have Ticket to Cancelled Superdome July 30, 1977 (was the first cancelled show after Oakland when Plants son died....I'm still in mourning over that)

02 Arena London....Dec. 10, 2007.......whew!!!!......25 ft in front of stage.....certainly got my ticket and armband for that.

Told the wife.......I could "go on" now. :blink:

Mobile, Al May 13, 1973......awsome small venue for them!!!!(Lost ticket in divorce)

Still have Ticket to Cancelled Superdome July 30, 1977 (was the first cancelled show after Oakland when Plants son died....I'm still in mourning over that)

02 Arena London....Dec. 10, 2007.......whew!!!!......25 ft in front of stage.....certainly got my ticket and armband for that.

Told the wife.......I could "go on" now. :blink:

Excellent!Drive through Bonifay every year heading to the luscious beaches.Damn glad to see the south was well represented by you at the o2.

Excellent!Drive through Bonifay every year heading to the luscious beaches.Damn glad to see the south was well represented by you at the o2.

Thanks Dude!!!!.....a B'ham Man.....you're just up the road so to speak. I still can't believe I was able to put it together to be in London.....but it went good and was a FANTASTIC night. A little pic of where I was.......

crowd4.jpg

I saw Zeppelin in '77 in Houston, Texas....it was awesome!!

Yes, it was awesome..... Zeppelin were firing on all cylinders at that time fo the tour !

Every Zeppelin concert has it's peak momoent of Magic, and for me... that was "Ten Years Gone" in that Houston show.

The very next night was Ft. Worth, and I saw them there also. The peak of that Ft.Worth show was a mind-blowing "Kashmir" . . .

pagey76.jpg

Hey, that's an awesome shot of Jimmy.

That's how I remember him. So vibrant ! So FULL of LIFE !!

There were rumors that Jimmy was at UNICEF Benefit Dallas Premiere of TSRTS.

But, alas, I did not see him...

Yes they used them at every show if you look at the pictures 77 section of the main site I posted some pictures of the lasers at the Baton Rouge 77 show It was pretty simular at all the shows I saw.

I will do that...Thanks...

Hey, that's an awesome shot of Jimmy.

That's how I remember him. So vibrant ! So FULL of LIFE !!

There were rumors that Jimmy was at UNICEF Benefit Dallas Premiere of TSRTS.

But, alas, I did not see him...

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment on the picture. It's funny looking back now that I realize how fortunate I was to actually be there.

I'm going to try to get a better scan of the picture and repost very soon (probably on the hot pictures of Jimmy thread).

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment on the picture. It's funny looking back now that I realize how fortunate I was to actually be there.

I'm going to try to get a better scan of the picture and repost very soon (probably on the hot pictures of Jimmy thread).

The guy behind Jimmy's head sort of lools like Paul Schaffer !

If you cropped out all of the other folks in the picture, that would make one heck of a wall poster of Jimmy !!

pagey76.jpg

The man with the glasses does look like Paul Shaffer.

If you cropped out all of the other folks in the picture, that would make one heck of a wall poster of Jimmy !!

It probably was Paul Schaffer because there were a lot of famous people there I would imagine. Of course as you can see by my user name, I was only interested in seeing Jimmy :lol:

I did actually have a poster made (in b&w because my parents were paying for it) and hung it over my bed... :P

Absolutely love Pagey then and now

Knebworth the 1st show. Found myself next to an Italian guy who had a large bag of grass. He sparked one up just before the lads came on - what a way to see in a hot summer night. Also missed the bus home but didn't give a toss cos i was so stoned.

Archived