how many of you actually saw zepp in concert and when{pre 1980 only}

ledbagelz

just wondering ....how many of you zeppites actually saw them..........

i actually sat on stage @ the 06/14/77 show @ madison square garden. there were about 10 of us and i sat beside paul stanley. was wondering if any zeppies out there would happen to have photos of the group of people that were sitting stage right from that show?

I (nightflyer) did in fact see Led Zeppelin live in concert.

The show was in Dallas Tx in 1977.

This was the greatist concert I've ever attended before or after(I have seen all the great classics)

All my photos & negatives were stolen in 1989 when my house was burglarized!

If anyone reading this has photos from the Memorial Auditorium concert(Dallas Tx 1977)T

They would be much appreciated!!!

March 27, 1975 at the Inglewood Forum (LA). My very first concert at age 15. A four hour show and the last time they ever played Dazed and Confused in the US, I've been told.

Face value of the ticket was $9, but I payed $20 from a scalper.

It's amazing to me how many people remember the exact dates they saw Led Zeppelin.

I saw them in Oakland. Day on the Green, July 23,1977 The day of the famous Grant/Bonham fight with Bill Grahams security. They were unmatched in the music world at time. Just watching Knebworth sends shivers down my spine. They were so good then that its a joke that the Stones considered themselves greatest band in world at time compare the Stones 81 live dvd with Zeps 79 Knebworth peformance. Sorry stone fans not even close.

august the 4th 1979 knebworth in stevenage , england, £7.50 a ticket.

Went with 4 mates. There were so many people there, they said 140,000 but there was definately more.

At about 4.00am thousands of people started to walk to the arena from the campsite which was about 1/2 a mile away and started queuing at the gate, in the end they opened the gates at about 5.30 in the morning. Was about 20 yards from the front and saw the best gig ever.

Also saw the best food fight ever in the campsite

august the 4th 1979 knebworth in stevenage , england, £7.50 a ticket.

Went with 4 mates. There were so many people there, they said 140,000 but there was definately more.

At about 4.00am thousands of people started to walk to the arena from the campsite which was about 1/2 a mile away and started queuing at the gate, in the end they opened the gates at about 5.30 in the morning. Was about 20 yards from the front and saw the best gig ever.

Also saw the best food fight ever in the campsite

Words cannot even begin to describe how jealous I am of all those who saw the Knebworth 8/4 show.

i was watching VH1Classic earlier tonite (they were playing "Live" & 'Song Remains The Same"..brought back memories of the first times i saw them. I mentioned this in another post but this time i remember them being driven up to one of the gigs in a convertible...like a long caddlilac (coinsidence!!;)

anyway they were all sitting on the back and waving at the crowd waitng to get into I believe this one was June 13th SF show....I'll never forget the sight. They looked like no other band I had seen to that date (this was 1969). A forever changing moment in my life (the influence).

We saw them 2 or 3 times earlier the same year Jan 9-12, 1969 at Fillmore West during a concert festival thing. I had all the mini concert billboard xards from these shows for years and they were destroyed by termites about 5 yrs ago because I didn't store them correctly. darn!

My friend and I were 12 yrs old and we are still best friends and both still fans of the Zep.

We were terribly spoiled though cuz we got to see them with Janis Joplin on the same bill. But in the January show Country Joe & the Fish were billed ABOVE THEM!!!

They were very accessible at these times and they were tolerate of fans too....they were very natural. I bet they still are just not as accessible.

Saw them a number of other times but never in such a small venue of course.

but that convertible picture is in my mind forever with their big grins and excitment about being in SF i believe for the first time and it was warm enough to do that (SF can be cold any time of year).

thanks for the memories Zep!

First time I have ever posted to this type of site. I just thought I would check out Led Zepplins web site after just reading an article on their concert in London.

I saw them (if my memory serves me correctly) 4 times. All in Seattle, all the shows were at the Seattle Center Coliseum it seated about 12,000 then (Now known as Key Arena) from early the 70's and on.

They were incredible, every show was all Led Zepplin, no opening band, as I recall it. The shows were like 4 plus hours and 2-3 maybe 4 encores. I saw just about every band that played Seattle in the 70's and early 80's

Grand Funk Railroad was my first, but we wnet to everyone we could. Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and Wings, Jethro Tull, Supertramp & Heart, Pink Floyd, Rod Stewart, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Stevie Wonder, Elton John at least 3 times, Mountain & Montrose, Alice Cooper, CSN&Y, AC DC, and dozens of others but Led Zepplin set the standard without a doubt.

Someone mentioned one of the shows where 300 or so fans rushed the doors. I was there and it was more like we always just got there early so we would be in front and the guys taking tickets came up to the doors and started to take tickets or at least looked like they were going to start and the crowd just surged forward so they just literally sqeezed us in through the doors so we did not get pushed through the glass. The Coliseum was all glass entry.

Although some were incredible LZ was always the measuring stick. Some the quality of performance was at the same level but no one ever played as long, With maybe one exception Bruce Springsteen.

Now this was all 30 or more years ago but that is what I rememeber. We had great times.

My first post!

I first saw Zeppelin in 1969 at the Fillmore East, I was 20 years old. Saw them at NC in 1972 and MSG in 1973 and 1977. All told I saw Zeppelin play eleven times, last time was June 14th, 1977. That was thirty years ago and I was 28 years old.

I just celebrated my 59th birthday. I would love to see them play one more time. I hope they do a 2008 tour in the US. Time will tell!

My first post!

I first saw Zeppelin in 1969 at the Fillmore East, I was 20 years old. Saw them at NC in 1972 and MSG in 1973 and 1977. All told I saw Zeppelin play eleven times, last time was June 14th, 1977. That was thirty years ago and I was 28 years old.

I just celebrated my 59th birthday. I would love to see them play one more time. I hope they do a 2008 tour in the US. Time will tell!

YES!!! May 1977 @ Landover, MD, USA, Capital Centre. I spent my entire military paycheck on tickets. I sold all but a few for a nice profit. I took a sweet-16-yo girl (Brenda) to the concert with me... it was our first date.

I gave my life to Jesus Christ, 2/24/1978, and got rid of all my rock&roll collection, including a wall poster of Jimmy Page. However, if they tour the USA... I'll probably go and listen. This time I'll take my 16-yo son with me, and I won't be bringing any pot this time around.

I'm glad to hear of the reunion, and from the reviews, it sounds like Zepp performed nicely yesterday. :D

Larry

1977Fan

Filmore West 69

Winterland 69

Oakland Coliseum 70

Berkely Community Theater 71

LA Forum 72 (HTWWW)

Long Beach 72 (HTWWW)

Lost interest in the live shows as the drugs starting taking over but continued listening to the new recorded material.

Consider Berkeley Community Theater Led Zeppelin and The Who the two best live shows I attended.

Literally AWSOME!

I could never remember the dates but I just found this site with tour dates

http://ledzeppelin.alexreisner.com/

It looks like I was at the

20/08/1971 Seattle, Washington

18/06/1972 Seattle Center Coliseum, Seattle, Washington

17/07/1973 Seattle Center Coliseum, Seattle, Washington

17/03/1975 Seattle Center Coliseum, Seattle, Washington

There last show here it looks like was at the KINGDOME which was a 55,000 seat domed stadium. It was round and 100% concrete. I did not see that show which I am happy to say because I'm sure it would have been horrific if anything like the two shows I did see there. Paul McCartney and the Rolling stones on seperate occasions of course. But both were not very good as I recall. The place was way to large the stage was at one end of the football field and was 200-400 feet away from most seats and the place echoed like a 100 % concrete domed stadium would. We called it the "echodome".

Not a contest, but so far I might be earlyist ; December 28, 1968 Vancouver. They were an unbilled warm up band for Vanilla Fudge.

Again in Edmonton, July 1969. Vanilla Fudge played first.

Well I first saw them at the Hollywood Sportatorium in 1971, they were doing their 1st 3 albums then. Thats when the love affair with them started. I was 15. Then I was lucky enough to head to Tampa with my buddy Ron L. [you ou there man] That concert was a trip in more then one way!! I still remember girls being bounced into the air on blankets. running into friends old and new at all the motels before the show. watching as the sun set behind them as they started the show with rock and roll and the parachute flare floating over them as they did stairway to Heaven. Then set loose hundreds of doves. Yea, they are and were the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived