how many of you actually saw zepp in concert and when{pre 1980 only}

ledbagelz

Knebworth the 1st show. Found myself next to an Italian guy who had a large bag of grass. He sparked one up just before the lads came on - what a way to see in a hot summer night. Also missed the bus home but didn't give a toss cos i was so stoned.

Best way to be in and around Stevenage :D

• 6 months later...

I never saw them .. by the Time Bonzo had Passed... I was like 12 .

And I've been forced to listen to band after band after band try to forcibly come in Second place for their entire lives.

In terms of their Studio Recordings, where a generation got to delve through an artists FULL BODY OF WORK.

There's no band in the world that can Touch Zeppelin.

Nobody.

2nd night at the garden 6-8-1977. Tickets were mail order only. Still have the ticket stub. Anyone familiar with the garden they sent me section 209 seats. side of the stage middle level. you can imagine me at 16 years old at the time on that special day. I was very disappointed on the boot of the show though.

I was at the May 28, 1977 Landover show, 14th row from the stage. Taped the show, but the results were not good. Also had tickets to the cancelled show in Philly at the end of the '77 tour.

I'm surprised how many of us old fans are still following them.

• 2 weeks later...

The best show for me, was in San Diego in 1973 Houses of the Holy...I posted my memory on that show.Led Zeppelin 3 was a good show out here in california at the LA forum...The 1975 show at Long Beach California were ass kicking.When Robert sang for " In My time OF Dying " I felt like St. Gabriel was really blowin' his horn...And St.Peter was opening up the gates...RABBITT.

Me too on the 20th (my avatar is from a newspaper article on the Cincinnati shows), then me too on April 25th in Louisville. Looks like we have several April 77 Cincy and Louisville vets!

My dad was at both shows, and I could kill my younger sister. A guy she dated took a box from my dad that had all his concert stubs from the all kinds of shows he had been to. I used to love to look at them and see the prices. Stuff like Wings, ELO, Pink Floyd, Stones, The Who concert that changed festival seating here were just a few that come to mind....

I was only 6 when the '77 tour came to Cincinnati. I did get to see the Firm in 1986 with my dad in Dayton.

May 25th,the last night at Earls Court,London.It was the one and only time I ever saw the band and being 17 at the time it was the most excited I'd ever been in my life,before or probably since.

I should have course added that the year was 1975(first post,got a bit carried away).

Chicago, IL Chicago Stadium July of 73

Chicago, IL Chicago Stadium on my Birthday sweet 16 1/21/75

Indianapolis, IN Market Square extended birthday...lol 1/25/75

Indianapolis, IN Market Square 4/17/77

Cincinnati, OH Riverfront 4/20/77

Louisville, KY Freedom Hall 4/25/77

just wondering ....how many of you zeppites actually saw them..........

June 20, 1980, Brussels, Belgium.

I was in the military assigned to SHAPE HQ, Mons, Belgium. Kashmir was absolutely unbelievable!! They stopped the concert in the middle due to problems with the monitors. Jimmy Page sat on a stool center-stage, all lights out, a deep purple spotlight on him.......jamming. You could see flashlights darting amongst the shadows behind him. After about 10 minutes he hits one really high note, drawing it way out, letting it feed back really loudly in the amps.

Suddenly the spotlight goes out, three enormous flash charges go off, and the band (who has reassembled in the darkness) goes right into Kashmir!

I still get goose bumps thinking about it.

:D

Me too on the 20th (my avatar is from a newspaper article on the Cincinnati shows), then me too on April 25th in Louisville. Looks like we have several April 77 Cincy and Louisville vets!

Count me in. Cincy, April 19th and 20th.

Only once... Feb. 1975 at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. Camped in the parking lot for 2days to get floor tix!

Lucky! I was too young to see any concert in 75' but i have been to many at the Spectrum...probably my favorite place to see a concert, although the JFK was great for summer shows!

Lucky! I was too young to see any concert in 75' but i have been to many at the Spectrum...probably my favorite place to see a concert, although the JFK was great for summer shows!

Hey Tangerine!

I'm from DE so I've seen probably hundreds of shows at the Spectrum. Makes me sick that they're gonna tear it down. I posted here earlier that I saw Zep on 2/8/75 at 7 years old. My dad took me. Actually that wasn't my first show. My first one was Elton John in '74. I had very cool parents.

Saw alot of shows at JFK as well, including Live Aid.

Only once... Feb. 1975 at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. Camped in the parking lot for 2days to get floor tix!

Sweet! I was there too. Floor seats? I wonder if you were contributing to the cloud of weird smelling smoke I was catching whiffs of at age 7, on the 2nd level! Haven't been the same since....LOL

My Dad waited for tix outside of Bag & Baggage in Wilmington, DE.

2nd night at the garden 6-8-1977. Tickets were mail order only. Still have the ticket stub. Anyone familiar with the garden they sent me section 209 seats. side of the stage middle level. you can imagine me at 16 years old at the time on that special day. I was very disappointed on the boot of the show though.

I was there that night too, floor seats, I also have my stub still and the program. My girlfriend at the time took some pretty good pictures which I would LOVE to have so I could post them here but I havent talked to her in years, LOL.

Just an amazing night, my ears were ringing the next day it was so loud. I remember just standing there in amazement during TSRTS, I couldnt believe I was finally seeing them perform live (then I hit the joint and settled in). Still by far the best concert I have ever seen.

And no doubt the quality of the boot from that show is very disappointing, hopefully someday, a better source will surface.

• 2 weeks later...
just wondering ....how many of you zeppites actually saw them..........

How's it going "ledbagelz?" I do not remember if I posted my response here or not but I did see the mighty LED ZEPPELIN twice. The first one was at The Forum in Los Angeles on 23 June 1977, the second one was at THE DAY ON THE GREEN #6, first show at the Oakland Coliseum in Oakland California on 23 July 1977. ROCK ON!

Archived