how many of you actually saw zepp in concert and when{pre 1980 only}

ledbagelz

Yeah, a bad day for me and the Zeppelin. But it did not dim my love for them, still my favorite band!

Too bad. But at least you can say you saw them. Not one of their stellar shows unfortunately, but I'm sure there were some great moments during the show.

Too bad. But at least you can say you saw them. Not one of their stellar shows unfortunately, but I'm sure there were some great moments during the show.

No doubt a bad Zeppelin show is still way better than most bands at their best!!!!

• 4 months later...

Hmmm, I thought I had already responded to this but I don't see my post anywhere, so maybe I goofed and was thinking of the old board before everything changed.

Yes, ledbagelz, I saw Led Zeppelin pre-1980...here's the list of shows that forever seared their way into my mind and soul:

1. June 25, 1972 Los Angeles(Inglewood) Forum, California...just shy of my 10th birthday...MY HEAD EXPLODES FROM THE THRILL AND EXCITEMENT!

2. June 27, 1972 Long Beach Arena, California...so great on the 25th I just had to see them again!

3. May 31, 1973 LA Forum, California...Happy Birthday Bonzo!

4. June 2, 1973 Kezar Stadium, San Francisco, California...thank goodness for relatives in the Bay area!

5. June 3, 1973 LA Forum...the last Thank You!

6. March 12, 1975 Long Beach Arena...still my favourite 75 show...release the soundboard NOW!

7. March 24, 1975 LA Forum...ran away from home for these Forum shows...not as good as Long Beach but still plenty heavy!

8. March 25, 1975 LA Forum...my first time taking quaaludes...also drunk on southern comfort and oj.

9. March 27, 1975 LA Forum...who let that skank Linda Lovelace on stage? The first appearance of the BLACK DRAGON PANTS! 4 straight days of partying were taking their toll on me by now...but while by 75 cracks were beginning to show, who can ever forget the impact of hearing Kashmir for the first time or the smoke curling up Jimmy's legs during the bow segment?

10. June 21, 1977 LA Forum...a fucking week full of Zeppelin and NO WORRIES about school nights! Kashmir! Do you hear me? FUCKING HELL KASHMIR EXPLODES ON THIS TOUR! Forget Stairway...Kashmir is now the song everyone most wants to hear!

11. June 23, 1977 LA Forum...yep, the famous BADGEHOLDER night...Moonie the Loon in the house...sadly the last time most of us would see him.

12. June 25, 1977 LA Forum...3 shows in...so far everything is EPIC!

13. June 26, 1977 LA Forum...right about now I was wishing their setlist was more varied from night-to-night...at least we get a cool encore: It'll Be Me!

14. June 27, 1977 LA Forum...maybe not the best of the LA run but it would prove to be the last ever show LZ would perform in LA, so at least I can say I was there...turned 15 a month later.

So there you have it...14 LZ concerts in 5 years.

Ok Strider. So you are telling us you saw them 14 times? And the first two you were 10 years old and already hooked? Hmmm. How many ticket stubs do you have there fella? Just curious. :rolleyes:

Hey Strider, the last Thank You was performed on July 29th, 1973.

Yes I know. I meant from a personal perspective that the 6-3-73 gig was the last Thank You performed in L.A....in my haste, I wasn't specific enough in my wording. Sorry for any misconceptions.

Yes I know. I meant from a personal perspective that the 6-3-73 gig was the last Thank You performed in L.A....in my haste, I wasn't specific enough in my wording. Sorry for any misconceptions.

I am so disappointed in you. Mistakes are not tolerated here. buttsmack.gif Wow! That was harder than I thought it would be. I didn't think I could reach that high. hysterical.gif

J/K You know I love you more than my luggage. But just...they are Samsonite for god's sake!

I think some are a bit jealous that you attended so many great shows, including me. cry.gif

Ok Strider. So you are telling us you saw them 14 times? And the first two you were 10 years old and already hooked? Hmmm. How many ticket stubs do you have there fella? Just curious. :rolleyes:

Just don't ask for a copy of his live birth certificate, that's an entirely different argument there.

I read Strider's recap of the Kezar '73 show, and it's either an incredible piece of fan fiction, or he was there.

Well if he was there its quite a memory for an 11 year old.:unsure:

If someone goes to see Led zeppelin 14 times!!!! Would you think they would save a ticket stub? Is there one? Show me? 14 times? Yeah. Ok

Somewhere in either this thread or another, there was some scrutiny over Strider being so young when he attended his first Zeppelin gig. At the time,I mentioned that I believed his story and qualified it by saying that I was only 13 when I saw the band for the first time. The fact of the matter was, on Mar 21/70 I was by no means the youngest person at that show and I know a number of people who were a year or two younger than I, who saw the band in 1968 &1969 let alone 70 ! FWIW, I no longer have any of my ticket stubs from any of the 6 show's I attended. Back then, it just didn't seem important to keep them. We all thought it would go on forever

Somewhere in either this thread or another, there was some scrutiny over Strider being so young when he attended his first Zeppelin gig. At the time,I mentioned that I believed his story and qualified it by saying that I was only 13 when I saw the band for the first time. The fact of the matter was, on Mar 21/70 I was by no means the youngest person at that show and I know a number of people who were a year or two younger than I, who saw the band in 1968 &1969 let alone 70 ! FWIW, I no longer have any of my ticket stubs from any of the 6 show's I attended. Back then, it just didn't seem important to keep them. We all thought it would go on forever

Somewhere in this thread or another thread, striders recalls his "account(s)" of seeing Led Zeppelin somewhere in California and then ends by saying that he posted this whole "story" by using only his thumb because he was typing all this from his memory (when he admits that he was only about 11 years old back then and high on Southern Comfort and 'ludes) from his cell phone. I find all this very highly suspect. I have read a couple of other posts that seem to agree with this. Isn't an 11 year old kid in elementary school? Around 4th or 5th grade? Are most of you fooled by someone who "claims" to have seen Led Zeppelin and taken drugs at such a young age and really believe what they claim about 40 years later? How many of You remember, in precise detail, what you did when you were 11 years old and can post it all from memory by just using your thumb on a cell phone?

I don't care what anyone says about me, but I think this dude, stryder, is full of shit and alot of you fell for it and praise him on his stories that he got from reviews and bootlegs. Think about it, he claims so much knowledge and insight from the Led Zeppelin concerts, that he seems to be "plagiarizing" from others.

Wether you beleive him or not is one's choice. But his stories are entertaining and do transport one to another time and place.

I have met Strider. He is a very genuine and nice guy and a Zeppelin fanatic. And we are all fanatics here. I choose to beleive him and if that makes me a gullible person then so be it. I'd rather be a optimistic gullible person who see's the good in people then going through life being suspect and pessimistic of everyone.

Somewhere in this thread or another thread, striders recalls his "account(s)" of seeing Led Zeppelin somewhere in California and then ends by saying that he posted this whole "story" by using only his thumb because he was typing all this from his memory (when he admits that he was only about 11 years old back then and high on Southern Comfort and 'ludes) from his cell phone. I find all this very highly suspect. I have read a couple of other posts that seem to agree with this. Isn't an 11 year old kid in elementary school? Around 4th or 5th grade? Are most of you fooled by someone who "claims" to have seen Led Zeppelin and taken drugs at such a young age and really believe what they claim about 40 years later? How many of You remember, in precise detail, what you did when you were 11 years old and can post it all from memory by just using your thumb on a cell phone?

I don't care what anyone says about me, but I think this dude, stryder, is full of shit and alot of you fell for it and praise him on his stories that he got from reviews and bootlegs. Think about it, he claims so much knowledge and insight from the Led Zeppelin concerts, that he seems to be "plagiarizing" from others.

An 11yr old would be in grade 6 and in some cases quite possibly grade 7 . All I can tell ya is that back in the day when I was in grade 6 & 7, there was plenty of stuff going on all around us and even though I can't count myself among them, some of my class mates chose to participate.

As for remembering events 40yrs gone. If the event was significant and exciting enough then memory of said events wouldn't be a problem. Again FWIW, I can remember in great detail all of the show's I attended. I can even remember what I did before and after each show. Outside of the fact that Strider attended 14 gigs, I feel the biggest difference between he and I is that he has that wonderful gift of being able to relate his stories in the written form. Even thou So much of what he relates takes place in a different city , the song remains the same

Personally speaking, I attended tons of concerts in the 1970's but I never saved any ticket stubs either. I wish I had. My first full blown concert was The Who with Jethro Tull at Tanglewood MA. in 1970 but without the ticket stub I don't have any proof other than my word.

I was 15 and I wasn't..................high.

Wether you beleive him or not is one's choice. But his stories are entertaining and do transport one to another time and place.

I have met Strider. He is a very genuine and nice guy and a Zeppelin fanatic. And we are all fanatics here. I choose to beleive him and if that makes me a gullible person then so be it. I'd rather be a optimistic gullible person who see's the good in people then going through life being suspect and pessimistic of everyone.

:goodpost:

I also believe that Strider was there at all of the 14 shows he says he was at. What reason would he have for making all this up? It's not like he just joined this board & is looking to score "brownie points" or whatever. And if he doesn't have the ticket stubs- so what? At 11 years old, saving stuff like that is not really important to you yet. If I had known back then that some of the dolls & toys I had when I was 11 would be worth something now, I would have taken better care of them- and kept the original box too.

Just my opinion......:beer:

Sorry to say, I am with you. A ten year old is able to go 8 hour drive from city to city >? I am very very skectical. and its not so easy to remember so much detail 40 years later. And if one was drinking and smoking that makes it even more difficult. Let him type whatever he wants. If someone is that enttranced they would have at least one stub. I say he is probably telling the truth for much but some is exaggerated. Come on. Are you kidding me? 10 yrs old!!!!!! No way am I buying this

I do not see him knocking walls down here to defend himself either. If I am wrong, I will apoogize. Doubt it though. Doubt it very much or I would never make the accusation. It was not based on a whim. I had infromation given to me from others I will not name that makes it more likely that Peter Pan is on my rooftop right now.

I have very few of the ticket stubs from the concerts I've been to, and I didn't start going to concerts until the late 90s when I was old enough to go alone.

Liz. You had better know all the facts on this one. I am not saying the lack of stubs is proof. But being 10 yrs old, and having so much recollection and the travel involved and all. Well, I am more than skeptical. I am a non believer.

Archived