Picture's of your new'st gear

BonzoLikeDrumer

How about it guy's and gal's? Got any thing new you want to show us?

YamahaFG730guitarandQuicksilvercomp.jpg

Latest guitar I got a few months ago, Yamaha FG730 I just traded a bass (Ibanez SR490) for an installed Fishman pick-up for it.

smallPArack.jpg

Got this DBX 131 EQ a few week's ago.

Sunncab.jpg

Traded a mixer (Studio 24), Laney Hardcore max amp and a Drawmer noise gate for this Sunn cab, he gave me some store credit to as the noise gate was a high dollar idem.

:yesnod:Wow, nice, BonzoLikeDrumer! I especially admire your Yamaha! I've got a Yamaha classical, an old one in excellent condition. I love that old guitar! I wouldn't mind getting a steel string in that color you have either. Is it called "sunburst"? So beautiful.

:yesnod:Wow, nice, BonzoLikeDrumer! I especially admire your Yamaha! I've got a Yamaha classical, an old one in excellent condition. I love that old guitar! I wouldn't mind getting a steel string in that color you have either. Is it called "sunburst"? So beautiful.

Thank you Fan_S, I had a discussion with a guitar guy here in North Carolina and he think's it's designed after a Martin "D" guitar. Gibson has the J35 but it has rounded shoulders in the shape of the body. Martin calls it a shaded finish. It's a red'sh shade with black on the edge's.

You could call it a Sunburst if you like.

Look's kinda like the guitar this little Elvis emoticons guy has here ---> :elvis2:

Recently bought 3 Squier 51's, an amazing guitar considering at one time the clearance price was $69.99. 2 have been modded and one is stock with the exception of some custom headstock decals I printed on water slide stock. The solidly built 51, with it's one piece maple neck, is proof some guitars are overpriced considering how it's constructed. Most US made production line have maple caps on maple necks. Anyway.

P7300044.jpg

P7280037.jpg

P8200083.jpg

P7280038.jpg

Thank you Fan_S, I had a discussion with a guitar guy here in North Carolina and he think's it's designed after a Martin "D" guitar. Gibson has the J35 but it has rounded shoulders in the shape of the body. Martin calls it a shaded finish. It's a red'sh shade with black on the edge's.

You could call it a Sunburst if you like.

Look's kinda like the guitar this little Elvis emoticons guy has here ---> :elvis2:

Here is an update to this post, Yamaha calls it a Cherry Burst finish

Nice Squier's Danelectro!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've seen those "Hello Kitty" axe's all over. How do they play and sound? Like a Squire? Well, I don't see one of them in my future but I do have a Grand daughter that will be old enough to start thinking about thing's like that before to long, she like's music & art and is not to bad at drawing for a 6 year old! :)

I'm broke as a pole cat now but, I finished up my solo act rack with a new Lexicon MX200 effects unit. I'd like to get one of those rack mount powered speaker systems so I can stop taking one of my Tannoy Reveal active studio monitor's to a gig so I can hear myself. ;)

newLexicon200019_0001text.jpg

Lexiconandmetext.jpg

Pay no mind to that little mixer on top of the rack, it's now officially been caned, 86ed!

The HK Strat is built on the Squier Affinity Strat platform, one of Squier's better guitars IMO. With Squier stuff it all comes down to knowing what is good and bad in a guitar. Some are terrible and others great, price rarely decides which. I typically look for one piece necks in the models that come with maple necks and for quality of fret finishing in all others. In my experience the Squier stuff that comes with a good neck usually meets or exceeds my expectations, especially for the price. Right now the hot Squier is the Bullet series, cool colors and nice rosewood necks. For the modder crowd the Squier is tough to beat, you can buy an entire guitar for what a half decent aftermarket neck would cost. The abundance of neat and affordable pickup and electronics upgrades makes any cheap guitar a good choice.

A bonus is you can mix and match.

This...

P8200083.jpg

Became this...

DSC00376-1.jpg

After saving up and buying parts for this project piece by piece I was able to assemeble this Saturday. It's a Partscaster based on the early 60's Strats and it's close enough to the real thing you'd have to look at the guts to determine it's not. I used mostly used parts to keep the cost down, I scrounged until I found the good deals. The body has been well played and the lacquer is checked, worn and discolored in places. I REALLY like it.

DSC00382.jpg

• 4 months later...

Archived