The 'crop circles' box set

I always liked the track order on this set, Jimmy did this himself, right? He did a great job! I especially like disc three, which is almost a best-of-Bonzo collection:

Kashmir

Trampled Underfoot

For Your Life

No Quarter

Dancingh Days

When the Levee Breaks

Achilles Last Stand

The Song Remains the Same

Ten Years Gone

In My Time of Dying

I always liked the track order on this set, Jimmy did this himself, right? He did a great job! I especially like disc three, which is almost a best-of-Bonzo collection:

Kashmir

Trampled Underfoot

For Your Life

No Quarter

Dancingh Days

When the Levee Breaks

Achilles Last Stand

The Song Remains the Same

Ten Years Gone

In My Time of Dying

Hey-Up,

Just a shame that he couldn't slot in "Four Stick's, Tea for One, Moby Dick, Rock n Roll, Whole Lotta love, Dazed & Confused, In the Evening, Celebration Day, Sick Again, Bonzo's Montreux", & So on & So on.... I know what you mean, as I guess so do alot of others, Bonzo the man, with Four Sticks in his Hands was Untouchable.

All the Best,

Hang-man :ph34r:

Easily the best CD of the set ... but Jimmy was constrained somewhat by trying to keep things somewhat in TIGHT BUT LOOSE chronological order (especially first two CDs of the four).

Wish he included "The Rover" and "Four Sticks." I think he made a mistake by thinking "Ozone Baby" was better than either of those two. But I'm not whiiiiii-ning!!

I remember how unbelievable it was that Zep would release a "greatest hits" type set. Unheard of up until then with the release of the crop circles box set.

Wish he included "The Rover" and "Four Sticks." I think he made a mistake by thinking "Ozone Baby" was better than either of those two. But I'm not whiiiiii-ning!!

Yeah, I agree with you on this. "Ozone Baby" is good but not as good as "The Rover" and "Four Sticks."

I remember borrowing this from my local public library several years ago. It was my introduction to Led Zeppelin (apart from hearing them on the radio). It was a great experience, hearing all those classic tracks in one set. A little overwhelming too! I'm very grateful to my local public library. :D

Are we talking about the 3 disk or 4 disk one? I have the early 1990 3 disk. I think the 4 disk came later but don't know the difference other than that.

Actually, the 4-disc version came out first, with truncated 3-disc & 2-disc versions released shortly thereafter.

I bought this box set when it was first issued and to be honest, I really haven't had the urge to buy anything since. I still think the mastering job that Page and George Marino did on this sounds terrific, as close to the original vinly albums as possible.

I did buy the two disc set released a year or so after this; the one that contained the Zep tracks that this four CD set didn't have. Page/Marino remastered those as well.

Regards;

Archived