LA forums 26th 1977

Yupter

I recently obtained the 5th night at the LA forums 1977 (Take the High Road), when I noticed that White Sumer/Black Mountain Side was about 21 minutes long. Neat right?

In conclusion, sections are repeated during Black Mountain Side. My Audio editor that I have also confirms it, with side by side comparisons of those sections it's very clear.

I'd like to know if anyone else has this problem or could shed some light as to what the actual version is.

My goal is to cut it down to the proper size if possible.

I recently obtained the 5th night at the LA forums 1977 (Take the High Road), when I noticed that White Sumer/Black Mountain Side was about 21 minutes long. Neat right?

In conclusion, sections are repeated during Black Mountain Side. My Audio editor that I have also confirms it, with side by side comparisons of those sections it's very clear.

I'd like to know if anyone else has this problem or could shed some light as to what the actual version is.

My goal is to cut it down to the proper size if possible.

Yup I also have this with my version of Take The High Road. It was pretty easy to figure out sections were repeated. Its strange though.

IIRC, isn't Kashmir tracked kinda gibbled on that one as well? The Kashmir "track" on my version contains most of the drum solo as well, which is pretty much completely cut anyway...

I can never understand that- on some boots, they'll cut Bonzo's drum solo (I love 'em all!) but leave Page's "Noise Solo" intact... :blink:

IIRC, isn't Kashmir tracked kinda gibbled on that one as well? The Kashmir "track" on my version contains most of the drum solo as well, which is pretty much completely cut anyway...

I can never understand that- on some boots, they'll cut Bonzo's drum solo (I love 'em all!) but leave Page's "Noise Solo" intact... :blink:

Perhaps if they had the hindsight of what the setlist was going to be the taper probably would've cut Jimmy's solo out as well. Then of course the taper doesn't know exactly when to start recording again and we get a lot of cut ALS's. :slapface: haha

Archived