Them Crooked Vultures at Brixton

Rumpeller

I've just got back from seeing Them Crooked Vultures at Brixton. An unbelievable gig.

We had all heard the rumours that they were in the frame to support the Arctic Monkeys at the Brixton Academy tonight (August 26th). Well, I took a gamble and bought a ticket (I paid a bit over the odds, but not too much).

The ticket didn't mention a support group. The venue signage didn't say anything either. The mechandise stand only had Arctic Monkeys stuff for sale. The most positive clue was when we got near the front and we could see the set up for a support band ...... with a towel draped over the bass drum (obscuring any band image on it). All good signs, but nothing definite yet.

Seconds before the band came on stage the towel was removed to reveal the Them Crooked Vultures logo.

They came, they played, and I'm still buzzing now. They were unbelievably good.

Many Arctic Monkeys fans were not quite sure what they were seeing for a short while. A couple of people behind me kept asking us "Is that really Dave Grohl drumming. Who are the others on stage? Led Zeppelin, Queens Of The Stone Age, Foo Fighters .... really?" They were blown away too.

It was only after their set that their tee-shirts appeared at the merchandising stand. I saw half of the Arctic Monkeys set, but they were just outclassed, so I left the venue with a massive grin on my face.

Wow! :P

Because the tickets only went on sale a few days before the show they were all E-tickets. I don't like them, because I collect programmes and tickets.

The bottom right hand corner had a bar code, which was scanned and torn off at the doors.

I've just tried to attach a scan of the ticket (I ebayed it, so I don't have the original download), but the file was too big.

Steve, PM me with your email address and I'll send you the scan that way (off to work soon, so I'll sort it out when I get back tonight).

Because the tickets only went on sale a few days before the show they were all E-tickets. I don't like them, because I collect programmes and tickets.

The bottom right hand corner had a bar code, which was scanned and torn off at the doors.

I've just tried to attach a scan of the ticket (I ebayed it, so I don't have the original download), but the file was too big.

Steve, PM me with your email address and I'll send you the scan that way (off to work soon, so I'll sort it out when I get back tonight).

Cheers. I collect tickets as well and miss the days when they were more unique.

Archived