THE LITTLE LEAGUE WORLD SERIES

ZeppFanForever

Hey hi, ZFF! You may include me in that category of "die hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics"! haha! I'm glad there's a "consolation" game. Excellent idea for the big kids. :) Thanks for posting the scheduled times of that game and the championship game! Enjoy, ZFF! :D:beer:

Why hello "Fan_S.!" I hope all is well with you and your hubby! I hope that you read my previous post prior to posting today's schedule and times. I did stress what position that I played in Baseball despite you being NOSEY! Ha Ha! Oh thats ok, thats just you being curious. I like that! Ha Ha! ROCK on my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatic!

Why hello "Fan_S.!" I hope all is well with you and your hubby! I hope that you read my previous post prior to posting today's schedule and times. I did stress what position that I played in Baseball despite you being NOSEY! Ha Ha! Oh thats ok, thats just you being curious. I like that! Ha Ha! ROCK on my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatic!

:wave: Aw, you're very kind, ZFF! :) CF and 2B...nice positions! Yeah, you need a great arm for that. When I was younger, many moons ago, I played 1B in punchball, which is like baseball, 'cept no bat, you just punch'd the Spalding® ball as far as you can for the coveted HR! haha. In New "Yawk" we pronounced "Spalding" -- "Spaldeen" :P:beer: (I was a pretty decent catcher--I knew how to swoop and catch, in case the relay was a little short and I knew how to catch overhand in back of my head in case the throw was a little too strong.) :P

:wave: Aw, you're very kind, ZFF! :) CF and 2B...nice positions! Yeah, you need a great arm for that. When I was younger, many moons ago, I played 1B in punchball, which is like baseball, 'cept no bat, you just punch'd the Spalding® ball as far as you can for the coveted HR! haha. In New "Yawk" we pronounced "Spalding" -- "Spaldeen" :P:beer: (I was a pretty decent catcher--I knew how to swoop and catch, in case the relay was a little short and I knew how to catch overhand in back of my head in case the throw was a little too strong.) :P

Why hello again "Fan_S.!" I hope all is still well with you and your hubby. WOW, it looks like you are a woman with many talents. Ha Ha! How's it going up in New York? ROCK ON my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatic!

As for an UPDATE today, in a consolation game, Mexico beat Texas (San Antonio) by the score of 5 to 4. Texas (San Antonio) will win 4th place behind 3rd place Mexico in the overall LITTLE LEAGUE WORLD SERIES tournament. However, Texas (San Antonio) will be the 2nd best Little League team in the U.S. behind California (Chula Vista).

THE MAIN EVENT, THE LITTLE LEAGUE WORLD SERIES finale between California (Chula Vista) and Chinese Taipei will begin at 2:00 P.M. Central time on ABC which is not too long from now. Like I said earlier, get your beer, get your popcorn, get your hotdogs, get your burgers, get your tacos and barbeque some steaks because this game promises to be good. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

Congatulations to Cali. Chula Vista cheer.gif

Chula Vista 6 Chinese Taipei 3

How's it going "Dzldoc" A.K.A. Charles? I'm glad that you and your son enjoyed watching THE LITTLE LEAGUE WORLD SERIES! That was a pretty close game, Taipei was up 3 to 0 until California came on strong and took them in the end. Luke Ramirez was not even a factor in today's game. California is also a different team when Ramirez is not pitching. Ramirez pitched yesterday in the U.S. championship against Texas (San Antonio) and therefore, was not eligible to pitch today. CONGRATULATIONS to California (Chula Vista), this team is the 4TH U.S. BASEBALL TEAM in the history of THE LITTLE LEAGUE WORLD SERIES to win it all. This is also California's very first title ever, beating a team like Chinese Taipei that has won the title a record 18 TIMES! Thanks again Charles for posting the score, that was a pretty good game wasn't it? I would also like to take my hat off and congratulate Chinese Taipei for playing a great game, they deserved to be in the big one. ROCK ON my friend!

↑ Hi guys! :wave: And I echo your sentiments, ZFF! :beer:

How's it going "Fan_S.?" I hope all is still well with you and your hubby. Ha Ha! Positive sentiments that is! Thank you as well as "Dzldoc" for your posts and support for the Little Leaguers. After all, its for the kids. ROCK ON fellow ZEPPELIN fanatic!

I used to love playing baseball as a kid, but I was never drafted by the little league. :(

How's it going "redrum?" I hope all is well with you. Sorry to hear that you weren't drafted by the Little League's as a kid. WOW the Little League kids today can really play. They're taller, faster and more knowledgeable with the game than ever before. I'm looking forward to seeing THE LITTLE LEAGUE WORLD SERIES again next year. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

How's it going "redrum?" I hope all is well with you. Sorry to hear that you weren't drafted by the Little League's as a kid. WOW the Little League kids today can really play. They're taller, faster and more knowledgeable with the game than ever before. I'm looking forward to seeing THE LITTLE LEAGUE WORLD SERIES again next year. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Hey ZepFan. All is well here. I'm just about ready to continue painting my landlady's house. Had to stop for the rain. As a kid in San Francisco my heroes were Willie Mays, Juan Marichal, Willie McCovey, Gaylord Perry, etc. No steroids back then. :)

Hey ZepFan. All is well here. I'm just about ready to continue painting my landlady's house. Had to stop for the rain. As a kid in San Francisco my heroes were Willie Mays, Juan Marichal, Willie McCovey, Gaylord Perry, etc. No steroids back then. :)

How's it going "redrum?" I hope all is still well with you. Those are great players, so you lived in the Bay area? I lived in Sacramento and Los Angeles for quite some years. I have even visited the Bay area on several occasions. Good luck with painting your Landlady's house. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Hey everyone! :wave: Hi, ZFF! I see a Willie Mays fan up there! :D I always lived in New York City. And my father always liked the Mets. Baseball helped him assimilate into the American culture. My parents were immigrants. So, as a kid, I loved the Mets too. I always admired Tom Seaver, Cleon Jones, and many others. In '85, as a young adult, a good friend of mine was an avid baseball fan and got me back into the Mets again. I then looked to Dwight Gooden, Tim Tuffel, Mookie Wilson, Gary Carter, Ray Knight, to name a few. haha. The "rogue" Mets. :P Before that, back in '77, 78 79, I was a Yank fan, thanks to another good friend (& Reggie, Thurmon, Micky Rivers & Billy Martin). haha.

Now, (back-and-forth) I'm still a Yankees fan, thanks to Bernie Williams (not a Yank anymore, but a great guitarist!), A-rod, Derek Jeter, and others. Oh well, I'm for both teams really. I'm a typical, despicable bandwagon hopper, I guess. ;)

Hey, ZFF Are you an Astro/Rangers fan? Me being nosey again. hahaha. :lol::beer:

Hey everyone! :wave: Hi, ZFF! I see a Willie Mays fan up there! :D I always lived in New York City. And my father always liked the Mets. Baseball helped him assimilate into the American culture. My parents were immigrants. So, as a kid, I loved the Mets too. I always admired Tom Seaver, Cleon Jones, and many others. In '85, as a young adult, a good friend of mine was an avid baseball fan and got me back into the Mets again. I then looked to Dwight Gooden, Tim Tuffel, Mookie Wilson, Gary Carter, Ray Knight, to name a few. haha. The "rogue" Mets. :P Before that, back in '77, 78 79, I was a Yank fan, thanks to another good friend (& Reggie, Thurmon, Micky Rivers & Billy Martin). haha.

Now, (back-and-forth) I'm still a Yankees fan, thanks to Bernie Williams (not a Yank anymore, but a great guitarist!), A-rod, Derek Jeter, and others. Oh well, I'm for both teams really. I'm a typical, despicable bandwagon hopper, I guess. ;)

Hey, ZFF Are you an Astro/Rangers fan? Me being nosey again. hahaha. :lol::beer:

How's it going "Fan_S." as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope all is well with all of you. I don't mind you being nosey at all "Fan_S." I hope all is well with you and your hubby. A typical, despicable bandwagon hopper, Hmmmmmmm...... that sounds like something that Daffy Duck would say to both Wile E. Coyote and the Tasmanian Devil while they're all plotting to strangle both Bugs Bunny's and The Road Runner's neck. Please don't get me wrong, I love Bugs Bunny and The Road Runner! Beep Beep! Eh...., What's up doc? Ha Ha! Since you're from New York, it is understandable that you would like the Yankees. The Yankees are a very respectable team that has a long glorious history with many legendary players. I've read books on Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Billy Martin, Reggie Jackson and the late Thurman Munson to name a few. I always loved it when Billy Martin and his boss George Steinbrenner would get into all of these well publicized heated verbal fights which would get Billy Martin fired. But then after a year or two, the two would get together, have a few drinks and George would rehire Billy Martin again. (Wow, that reminds me of me and my bosses! Ha Ha!) Those two would go at it for years. I also loved it when Billy Martin would kick dirt on the umpire's shoes when they're fighting during the game till he got kicked out, that was so funny!

To make this short, while originally being a San Antonio, Texas native, I do like the Texas Rangers and the Houston Astros. However, I lived in California for 29 years so I do like the San Francisco Giants and the Los Angeles Dodgers. I got interested into the Little Leagues as a sponsor for the team that my then little daughter was playing on. She was the tomboy that played on the boys team (That was the beginning of her boy crazy years!) and she was good at playing Center Field. She had a throwing arm that was something else. She also has a hot head as well as a good right cross that would floor the guys that were trying to do something that she did not approve of. All in all, she grew up and blossomed into this beautiful woman just like my late wife, her mother. I swear, she is the splitting image of her mother. Thanks for your comment "Fan_S." and ROCK ON!

How's it going "Fan_S." as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope all is well with all of you. I don't mind you being nosey at all "Fan_S." I hope all is well with you and your hubby. A typical, despicable bandwagon hopper, Hmmmmmmm...... that sounds like something that Daffy Duck would say to both Wile E. Coyote and the Tasmanian Devil while they're all plotting to strangle both Bugs Bunny's and The Road Runner's neck. Please don't get me wrong, I love Bugs Bunny and The Road Runner! Beep Beep! Eh...., What's up doc? Ha Ha! Since you're from New York, it is understandable that you would like the Yankees. The Yankees are a very respectable team that has a long glorious history with many legendary players. I've read books on Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Billy Martin, Reggie Jackson and the late Thurman Munson to name a few. I always loved it when Billy Martin and his boss George Steinbrenner would get into all of these well publicized heated verbal fights which would get Billy Martin fired. But then after a year or two, the two would get together, have a few drinks and George would rehire Billy Martin again. (Wow, that reminds me of me and my bosses! Ha Ha!) Those two would go at it for years. I also loved it when Billy Martin would kick dirt on the umpire's shoes when they're fighting during the game till he got kicked out, that was so funny!

To make this short, while originally being a San Antonio, Texas native, I do like the Texas Rangers and the Houston Astros. However, I lived in California for 29 years so I do like the San Francisco Giants and the Los Angeles Dodgers. I got interested into the Little Leagues as a sponsor for the team that my then little daughter was playing on. She was the tomboy that played on the boys team (That was the beginning of her boy crazy years!) and she was good at playing Center Field. She had a throwing arm that was something else. She also has a hot head as well as a good right cross that would floor the guys that were trying to do something that she did not approve of. All in all, she grew up and blossomed into this beautiful woman just like my late wife, her mother. I swear, she is the splitting image of her mother. Thanks for your comment "Fan_S." and ROCK ON!

Dear ZFF, thank you for giving a nosey person some insight into your life. That was very kind of you. Hey, you sure know your NY baseball history! I like your hilarious anecdotes about Billy Martin and George. haha! David Letterman once referred to it as the "wheel o' managers".lol And you may add Lou Gehrig to my list of admirees. That ending of Pride of the Yankees always gets to me. Not only was he an excellent player, but his eloquence!

I'm sorry about your late wife, ZFF. :( Your daughter sounds beautiful! With a great arm! Just like her proud father! :beer::D

Edited to add P.S.: If you play guitar, the chords to John Fogarty's "Centerfield" are easy! :D Love that song!

Edited again, to add Post-P.S.: Hey, you like Joe Torre? :toast:

Dear ZFF, thank you for giving a nosey person some insight into your life. That was very kind of you. Hey, you sure know your NY baseball history! I like your hilarious anecdotes about Billy Martin and George. haha! David Letterman once referred to it as the "wheel o' managers".lol And you may add Lou Gehrig to my list of admirees. That ending of Pride of the Yankees always gets to me. Not only was he an excellent player, but his eloquence!

I'm sorry about your late wife, ZFF. :( Your daughter sounds beautiful! With a great arm! Just like her proud father! :beer::D

Edited to add P.S.: If you play guitar, the chords to John Fogarty's "Centerfield" are easy! :D Love that song!

Edited again, to add Post-P.S.: Hey, you like Joe Torre? :toast:

How's it going "Fan_S.?" I hope all is well with you and your hubby. Thank you for your kind words "Fan_S." I have heard of Joe Torre but I am not very familiar with him. Maybe you can tell me a little about him. I LOVE JOHN FOGERTY! I especially loved his work with CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL. John's story in reference to the bitter fallout and break with his late brother Tom is a very tragic one. How sad that these two brothers could not make amends and make up as loving brothers again. Rock legend has it that John and Tom put their differences aside and CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL reunited for one last time at Tom's wedding in 1980. After that, Tom and John never spoke to each other again. John wasn't even there at Tom's death bed when he died of AIDS in 1990 as a result of blood transfusions. Now, it is a great regret on the part of John. How sad. Thank you for your comment "Fan_S." and ROCK ON!

How's it going "Fan_S.?" I hope all is well with you and your hubby. Thank you for your kind words "Fan_S." I have heard of Joe Torre but I am not very familiar with him. Maybe you can tell me a little about him. I LOVE JOHN FOGERTY! I especially loved his work with CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL. John's story in reference to the bitter fallout and break with his late brother Tom is a very tragic one. How sad that these two brothers could not make amends and make up as loving brothers again. Rock legend has it that John and Tom put their differences aside and CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL reunited for one last time at Tom's wedding in 1980. After that, Tom and John never spoke to each other again. John wasn't even there at Tom's death bed when he died of AIDS in 1990 as a result of blood transfusions. Now, it is a great regret on the part of John. How sad. Thank you for your comment "Fan_S." and ROCK ON!

Hello, ZFF! Thanks for the info on John Fogerty. How sad, about his late brother, and for John, too. :(

I know I'm a little late, but somehow I completely missed this thread. Anyway...

CONGRATS TO MY HOMEBOYS!!!!!

Yeeeeaaah, Chula Vista, woohoo!!! Seriously, this has created excitement around here like no other sport has in a long time. San Diego has pretty lame sports fans in general (IN GENERAL, I said - there are some pretty hardcore ones, but honestly, we can't compare to the Cheeseheads, for example), but people have been going nuts about this. We went to some restaurant during the second-to-last game, and people were cheering their butts off. You didn't even have to see the TV to know what people were yelling about since nobody gets that excited about the Chargers or the Padres. It's been all over the front page of the newspaper and everything... That's so neat they got to experience something like that.

I know I'm a little late, but somehow I completely missed this thread. Anyway...

CONGRATS TO MY HOMEBOYS!!!!!

Yeeeeaaah, Chula Vista, woohoo!!! Seriously, this has created excitement around here like no other sport has in a long time. San Diego has pretty lame sports fans in general (IN GENERAL, I said - there are some pretty hardcore ones, but honestly, we can't compare to the Cheeseheads, for example), but people have been going nuts about this. We went to some restaurant during the second-to-last game, and people were cheering their butts off. You didn't even have to see the TV to know what people were yelling about since nobody gets that excited about the Chargers or the Padres. It's been all over the front page of the newspaper and everything... That's so neat they got to experience something like that.

How's it going "footsteps of Dawn?" I hope all is well with you. Despite coming in forth place, McAllister Park (San Antonio) still got a heroes welcome home. I can just imagine the craziness and excitement that the fans are giving Chula Vista as well as all of California. They deserve everything that the world has awaiting them especially Luke Ramirez. I can see Luke Ramirez going into the pros EASILY besides many of the other kids on his team as well as from other teams in the Little League's. Can you believe that, Luke Ramirez is 6' tall and 212 lbs and he's only 13 YEARS OLD? WOW! His Mom and Dad must have really ate their Wheaties before he was born. Ha Ha! So you live in San Diego, California? I know that you've heard of Camp Pendleton? I also loved going to Tijuana, I had the time of my life there. Being a former resident of Sacramento and Los Angeles California for a combined 29 years but am now residing in the San Antonio, Texas area, please give my love to California. I know that California has been going through some rough times lately with the fires and the 10% unemployment rate. My sister is also going through a very rough time in Yuba City, California (30 miles outside of Sacramento) seeing what lies ahead for her. Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

Archived