Long Beach '75 soundboard

Walter

I just heard that EV is going to be releasing a soundboard version of Long Beach 3/11/75. Has anyone else heard about this? Peace.

Led Zeppelin - Long Beach Californication (3/11/75 Previously Unreleased SB) Empress Valley Label

Three versions of this set will be available, each w/diffenent artwork:

First version: Extremely Ltd Edition (100 Sets Only!!) Mega Deluxe Set with Special T-Shirt

Second version: Very Ltd Edition (200 Copies Only!!) Deluxe packaging similar to 'St. Valentine's Day'

Third version: Standard Edition

The irony here being most of the diehard collectors discussing this release on other forums are not so much enthusiastic about the raw soundboard of this show, but rather the inevitable matrix to arise using the SBD and Millard's stellar audience tape! :D

That term "matrix" gets thrown around a lot, sometimes it's when you get some SBD, with aud. patches (side-by-side) other times when more than one source is running simultaneously,(ON TOP of each other). I think they need seperate names. I say when it's the latter we call it a "source merge". But I'm sure that will work itself out eventually. Anyway, nice to see SOMETHING NEW coming soon!

We need a SBD tape from mid January '75. :D

I would not want a SB until after Jimmy's finger had healed enough for him to be ripping out D&C in fine fashion.

They were certainly white hot when I saw them in early March of 1975.

I would not want a SB until after Jimmy's finger had healed enough for him to be ripping out D&C in fine fashion.

They were certainly white hot when I saw them in early March of 1975.

Bragger!! :lol:

Were you at one of the Dallas shows? If so, which night?

Yes, but When The Levee Breaks and Wonton Song were off of the set list by then...

I loved when Robert sang about these:

chinese-fried-wantan-02.jpg

:P

(It's actually The Wanton Song)

But I do agree, a SB of one of those Chicago shows, maybe even Cleveland, would be an AWESOME find. Sadly, Indianapolis in late January to the end of Februrary is pretty rough with Plant's voice (as evidenced by most of the boards that exist between then).

I loved when Robert sang about these:

chinese-fried-wantan-02.jpg

:P

(It's actually The Wanton Song)

But I do agree, a SB of one of those Chicago shows, maybe even Cleveland, would be an AWESOME find. Sadly, Indianapolis in late January to the end of Februrary is pretty rough with Plant's voice (as evidenced by most of the boards that exist between then).

Ya, ya.. it was late... :)

Bragger!! :lol:

Were you at one of the Dallas shows? If so, which night?

BOTH Nights ! ! With the first Night being the better of the two great nights, mainly because of the encore "Heartbreaker".... everyone just went "bonkers" when Page ripped into that one. I witnessed all four members firing on ALL Pistons that evening ! From a backstage overlook I saw Lisa Robinson (Creem writer), and she was plastered... barely able to walk straight..

I imagine the the high the band were on when they hit Dallas continued on right to the West Coast!

BOTH Nights ! ! With the first Night being the better of the two great nights, mainly because of the encore "Heartbreaker".... everyone just went "bonkers" when Page ripped into that one. I witnessed all four members firing on ALL Pistons that evening ! From a backstage overlook I saw Lisa Robinson (Creem writer), and she was plastered... barely able to walk straight..

I imagine the the high the band were on when they hit Dallas continued on right to the West Coast!

Too cool!! :thumbsup:

I have always thought the first night was the better of the two. What was Robert so pissy about with the crowd, were they not wild enough? "Dallas, are you receiving us? ...." Great shows.

Archived