4th Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina

Dzldoc

No offense but IMHO do you really think it's appropriate to say "rock on" in a thread that's of a somber nature?

How's it going "ninelives?" I hope all is still well with you. Thats a good question and I'm glad that you asked. I say the term ROCK ON as a positive encouragement in any thread whether it is good or bad. If the thread is of a somber nature, ROCK ON is a good positive encouragement in hopes that things get better which it has. Thanks again for the question and ROCK ON my friend! You see, thats positive.

Like I said before, my boyfriend actually grew up in NO.

Well, he works for the Idaho Air Guard, and they sent people up to help out. He had to BEG to go, but eventually they let him.

I'll post some of the pictures he took in a little while.

No offense but IMHO do you really think it's appropriate to say "rock on" in a thread that's of a somber nature?

yesnod.gif New Orleans has a time-honored tradition of rocking on even in the worst of times. We have no right to break that holy tradition.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fvr7nkd_IJM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7x_vWNRS5c&feature=player_embedded

Edited by eternal light

yesnod.gif New Orleans has a time-honored tradition of rocking on even in the worst of times. We have no right to break that holy tradition.

I didn't know music was a holy tradition and I was referring to his saying "rock on" in this thread, nothing about playing music :huh:

Edited by ninelives

console.gifbeer.gif Those were great times Deb and nothing can take away the memories, guess that's why I can't leavegimmefive.gif

Hello Charlie, remember going to Old Man Rivers to see the bands, (Zebra comes to mind) and driving across that extremely narrow Huey P. Long bridge..or concerts at the Warehouse where you could bring a piece of carpet and get in for free, or when the 80's rolled around- Fat City. And of couse always having the Quarter. It was such a great place to grow up in at that time. I can't imagine growing up anywhere else;-)

Hello Charlie, remember going to Old Man Rivers to see the bands, (Zebra comes to mind) and driving across that extremely narrow Huey P. Long bridge..or concerts at the Warehouse where you could bring a piece of carpet and get in for free, or when the 80's rolled around- Fat City. And of couse always having the Quarter. It was such a great place to grow up in at that time. I can't imagine growing up anywhere else;-)

biggrin.gif I used to live in the apartments next to Old Man Rivers, I was a west banker for most of my early years. Poor West End Katrina wiped it off the map.

This place look familiar?cool.gifbiggrin.gif

warehouse12.jpg

biggrin.gif I used to live in the apartments next to Old Man Rivers, I was a west banker for most of my early years. Poor West End Katrina wiped it off the map.

This place look familiar?cool.gifbiggrin.gif

warehouse12.jpg

Gotta be The Warehouse...OMG talk about the memories and great ones:-)

I didn't know music was a holy tradition and I was referring to his saying "rock on" in this thread, nothing about playing music huh.gif

You learn something new every day.

I can rock you easy

don't want you to hesitate

I can let you down easy

like jelly on a plate

Rockin Daddy by Howlin Wolf

Edited by eternal light

I understand what you are saying, but New Orleans is different from New York City and has been so for some time.

What does NYC have to do with this? My only point was ZFF was all joyful saying rockon in a thread designed to acknowledge a very tragic event. I understand music is a big part of New Orleans culture - I've been there. It isn't music that I was commenting on but his use of a phrase that has more casual, party on type implications in my mind.

But really I don't want to make an issue out of this, especially in this thread.

What does NYC have to do with this? My only point was ZFF was all joyful saying rockon in a thread designed to acknowledge a very tragic event. I understand music is a big part of New Orleans culture - I've been there. It isn't music that I was commenting on but his use of a phrase that has more casual, party on type implications in my mind.

But really I don't want to make an issue out of this, especially in this thread.

That'll happen when you use a form letter to fill out your posts. All of them will start and end the same way, regardless of whether it fits the tone of the thread or not.

Quite true and sadly the point still hasn't been taken.

How's it going "ninelives" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope all is well with you. WOW, a discussion on the term "ROCK ON!" First of all "ninelives," did you read post #26? I have and always have used the term "ROCK ON" as something positive for everyone whether the thread is good or bad or the post that I'm responding to is good or bad. I have always used this term with nothing both positive intentions and I will continue to do so with positive intentions. What really surprises me is that I've been using this term for quite some time now and now its become a discussion (A very good and civil discussion might I add) after all of this time. I've been using the term "ROCK ON" for quite some time now and now its become a discussion, why is that "ninelives?" While I do appreciate many of your answers fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics, I only want for "ninelives" to answer this since he or she has raised this discussion to a new level. ROCK ON my friends! That is a positive gesture not just musicwise, but lifewise. At least, thats my intent. ROCK ON!

Sometimes people prefer to remain positive even in the face of adversity rather than adopt a cynical viewpoint. New Orleans could choose to wallow in self-pity forever, but it will more than likely choose instead to heal, revive and come back stronger, as the governor himself has said.

How's it going "eternal light?" I hope all is well with you. YOU HIT UPON IT WELL! That is what I'm about, REMAINING POSITIVE IN THE FACE OF ADVERSITY! I try to encourage and keep people's spirits alive despite the fact that they are going through the worst of times. We have to encourage these people just like many of you did for Charles when he was going through perhaps his worst ordeal with Katrina. Many of you were all there for him with mental support weren't you? I even used the term "ROCK ON" on some of those posts with positive intentions of giving positive encouragement, why didn't anyone say anything then? ROCK ON my friend?

Edited by ZeppFanForever

How's it going "ninelives" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope all is well with you. WOW, a discussion on the term "ROCK ON!" First of all "ninelives," did you read post #26? I have and always have used the term "ROCK ON" as something positive for everyone whether the thread is good or bad or the post that I'm responding to is good or bad. I have always used this term with nothing both positive intentions and I will continue to do so with positive intentions. What really surprises me is that I've been using this term for quite some time now and now its become a discussion (A very good and civil discussion might I add) after all of this time. I've been using the term "ROCK ON" for quite some time now and now its become a discussion, why is that "ninelives?" While I do appreciate many of your answers fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics, I only want for "ninelives" to answer this since he or she has raised this discussion to a new level. ROCK ON my friends! That is a positive gesture not just musicwise, but lifewise. At least, thats my intent. ROCK ON!

Perhaps the profound devastation did not seem like reason enough to celebrate. It takes time for people to recover and heal before they are in a celebratory mode. That said, one of the first things the survivors did was celebrate their survival in music.

This event impacted people with enormous depth. It is natural for everyone to have a wide range of thoughts and emotions in regard to what happened. And many people grieved the loss of loved ones, which one can only celebrate by remembering the good things they brought to life, and only after they can stop crying for a while. It can be a grueling process. I think that maybe Ninelives thought it seemed a bit much to expect people to celebrate if they were still burdened by grief and loss. People do need to recover first.

Edited by eternal light

I will pm you my response so as to not derail this thread.

ZFF - empty your inbox so I can send my response.

Edited by ninelives