Music that hypnotizes you

Dr. Robert

Is there any song/band that allows you to, well, "Turn off you're mind, relax and float down stream", if you will?

For me, the infamous back half of "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" by the Beatles has always made me feel glazed over and sort of unaware of everything around me. That repeating guitar has a way of putting me into a zombie-like state, unless I keep my mind completely focused. I've heard it maybe 100's of times, but the end sneaks up on me 50% of the time, even with the white noise that builds and builds as a hint of when it's reached its conclusion.

Pink Floyd, Kashmir & Achilles Last Stand by Led Zeppelin

I'd have to go with the obvious number one choice as Led Zeppelin. Their music just takes me to a place the is serene and uplifting. Next in line are a Canadian band called Sam Roberts Band, followed by The Black Crowes. All these band have such a wide variety of excellent songs that can mellow me out when I need to unwind, can take me imagination to places when I need a break/release, can uplift me when I'm feeling down, and can rock out when I need that Rock n' roll fix.

1. Led Zeppelin

2. Sam Roberts Band

3. The Black Crowes

other notable mentions include Pearl Jam and Nuno Bettencourt's solo work (Dramagods, Population 1, Nuno, Mourning Widows), although not moving are the three artists listed above.

:-)

Thanks Eternal for posting that UTube. I hadn't seen this and it was just great. Wanted to close my eyes and listen but also wanted to watch the wolf slide show. I have one of her earlier tapes that I listen to now and then. Picked it up at a Pow Wow and discovered how much I liked Native American music. Even the pow wow drums are great to listen to but just not as relaxing.

Is there any song/band that allows you to, well, "Turn off you're mind, relax and float down stream", if you will?

For me, the infamous back half of "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" by the Beatles has always made me feel glazed over and sort of unaware of everything around me. That repeating guitar has a way of putting me into a zombie-like state, unless I keep my mind completely focused. I've heard it maybe 100's of times, but the end sneaks up on me 50% of the time, even with the white noise that builds and builds as a hint of when it's reached its conclusion.

Hi "Dr. Robert!" How are you doing? Any music by the Gods of Rock n' Roll that are considered Rock Royalty. I'm talking about bands such as THE BEATLES, LED ZEPPELIN, THE ROLLING STONES, THE WHO, THE KINKS, PINK FLOYD, FLEETWOOD MAC, BLACK SABBATH, DEEP PURPLE, THE YARDBIRDS, CREAM, JIMI HENDRIX, JANIS JOPLIN, THE DOORS, THE ANIMALS, THIN LIZZY and THEM just to name a few. I never get tired of hearing these bands. ROCK ON FOREVER!

There are several songs that will almost send me into a trance like state, just daydreaming. No, "Desperado" is not one of them much like Elaine's boyfriend on an episode of Seinfeld, but here's a few that do for seperate reasons:

"Funhouse" - The Stooges

"When The Levee Breaks" - Led Zeppelin

"How Soon Is Now" - The Smiths

"Poses" - Rufus Wainwright

"I Am The Walrus" - The Beatles

"Heroin" - The Velvet Underground

"The National Anthem" - Radiohead

"Born On The Bayou" - Creedence Clearwater Revival

"Third Stone From The Sun" - The Jimi Hendrix Experience

"Monkey Man" - The Rolling Stones

"Little Wing" - Stevie Ray Vaughn

"NIB" - Black Sabbath

"Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys" - Traffic

"If Music Could Talk" - The Clash

"Sweetness Follows" - REM

"My Cherie Amor" - Stevie Wonder

"After The Dance" - Marvin Gaye

"The Great Gig In The Sky" - Pink Floyd

There are several songs that will almost send me into a trance like state, just daydreaming. No, "Desperado" is not one of them much like Elaine's boyfriend on an episode of Seinfeld, but here's a few that do for seperate reasons:

"Funhouse" - The Stooges

"NIB" - Black Sabbath

Not sure it's hypnotizing for me but I LOVE Rufus Wainwright! Great album too by the way :)

"Funhouse" - The Stooges

"NIB" - Black Sabbath

GREAT SONGS kakdaddy! What about adding "The Dream Weaver" by Gary Wright to your list? ROF my friend!

Archived