Music that hypnotizes you

Dr. Robert

Not sure it's hypnotizing for me but I LOVE Rufus Wainwright! Great album too by the way :)

That song & "The Greek Song" put me in a trance like state. They're both so beautiful that I just go into a daze. I don't need a Maharishi if those 2 songs are playing. And it is a great album as a whole. Love him.

GREAT SONGS kakdaddy! What about adding "The Dream Weaver" by Gary Wright to your list? ROF my friend!

"Dream Weaver"? That's hypnotizing in not a good way. Makes me want to climb observatories in Texas while pointing a semiautomatic at the crowd below. I'll stay away from the "Dream Weaver" for everyone else's safety, thank you very much.

"Dream Weaver"? That's hypnotizing in not a good way. Makes me want to climb observatories in Texas while pointing a semiautomatic at the crowd below. I'll stay away from the "Dream Weaver" for everyone else's safety, thank you very much.

Hey kakdaddy! At least its better than the theme from the Twilight Zone! Ha Ha! This one might make you want to point a semi automatic from the Goodyear blimp! Ha Ha! ROCK ON FOREVER my friend!

That song & "The Greek Song" put me in a trance like state. They're both so beautiful that I just go into a daze. I don't need a Maharishi if those 2 songs are playing. And it is a great album as a whole. Love him.

Greek Song is also great. Have you seen him in concert? he's wonderful, what a voice. Want One and Release the Stars are also fantastic albums if you haven't checked them out.

Greek Song is also great. Have you seen him in concert? he's wonderful, what a voice. Want One and Release the Stars are also fantastic albums if you haven't checked them out.

I haven't seen him perform outside of television but would love to. I have both those albums & they're great too. Last one I got was "Rufus Rufus Rufus does Judy Judy Judy" which is great, even for the over the top campiness of it he sings those songs so beautifully. I think he has the best male voice in music today.

I haven't seen him perform outside of television but would love to. I have both those albums & they're great too. Last one I got was "Rufus Rufus Rufus does Judy Judy Judy" which is great, even for the over the top campiness of it he sings those songs so beautifully. I think he has the best male voice in music today.

Definitely see him live - he's very entertaining and his band is tops. I've not heard the Rufus Does Judy album but I saw him and his mum sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" which brought tears to my eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

For me its anything thats tribal or has long sustained jams.

Three Days by Janes Addiction is a good example, or Echos from Floyd, that slow bridge in Zep's Carouselabra, I can listen to that for hours! When Page&Plant did that in the solo section during In The Evening I just about freaked out.

Wow Tangerine Dream and Jean-Michele Jarre - haven't listened to them in ages, but definitely fit the category for me.

I don't drive often, but when I do, I cannot listen to Led Zeppelin. My limbs get just that slightly little bit too heavy and then you get caught up in the rhythm...the rhythm...the red light ... :lol:

Several of Delerium's songs off of the Karma album are pretty hypnotic

Let's see...

there's Gregorian Chant: The Selected 1930 French HMV Recordings of the Monastic Choir of the Abbey of Saint Pierre de Solesmes

Jeff Buckley (Sketches...): You & I, Satisfied Mind

Last but not least, Hossam Ramzy's Baladi plus

Wow Tangerine Dream and Jean-Michele Jarre - haven't listened to them in ages, but definitely fit the category for me.

I don't drive often, but when I do, I cannot listen to Led Zeppelin. My limbs get just that slightly little bit too heavy and then you get caught up in the rhythm...the rhythm...the red light ... :lol:

Several of Delerium's songs off of the Karma album are pretty hypnotic

Let's see...

there's Gregorian Chant: The Selected 1930 French HMV Recordings of the Monastic Choir of the Abbey of Saint Pierre de Solesmes

Jeff Buckley (Sketches...): You & I, Satisfied Mind

Last but not least, Hossam Ramzy's Baladi plus

I love Gregorian Chants! I've got a few albums of that style of music. Very haunting and hypnotizing indeed.

Jeff Buckley :wub: One of my favorites.

Which album is that Hossam Ramzy piece on?

I love Gregorian Chants! I've got a few albums of that style of music. Very haunting and hypnotizing indeed.

Jeff Buckley :wub: One of my favorites.

Which album is that Hossam Ramzy piece on?

It actually took me a long time to get that particular Gregorian chant CD. I'd read how that particular recording centered around 'A' or something and it was supposed to have certain meditative/restorative attributes because of it (I'll get back to you about the details, they're quite interesting)

And 'Baladi plus' is the name of Ramzy's album, nine. The subtitle is 'Egyptian Dance Music' (or as my sister calls it, "What the hell is that?" :lol:) Sort of a bit more traditional - not to everyone's taste. Clearly.

It actually took me a long time to get that particular Gregorian chant CD. I'd read how that particular recording centered around 'A' or something and it was supposed to have certain meditative/restorative attributes because of it (I'll get back to you about the details, they're quite interesting)

And 'Baladi plus' is the name of Ramzy's album, nine. The subtitle is 'Egyptian Dance Music' (or as my sister calls it, "What the hell is that?" :lol:) Sort of a bit more traditional - not to everyone's taste. Clearly.

Most definitely interested in the details! The two cds I have are Gregorian Chants For All Seasons with the Vienna Hofburkapelle Choir and Chant - the Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo De Silos. Both quite enchanting.

I'm a big fan of Hossam Ramzy. I have a cd of him drumming for belly dancers and one he did with Phil Thorton called Immortal Egypt.

For me, dreamy music or music for the purpose of meditation doesn't do it. :D I think music performed with soul, any genre, puts me in "trance", and makes me forget about the surroundings.

Same goes for a great dance number, as I stated earlier in this thread. B)

Archived