Robert Plant

lzzoso

I just got through watching Led Zeppelin's set with Neil Young at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in New York City in 1995 for Led Zeppelin . They played a blistering grunge like version of "When the Levee Breaks". What made this memorable is the fact that our favorite singer, Robert Plant, strapped on a Cherry burst Les Paul (possibly Jimmy's) and proceeded to jam on guitar with Jimmy Page and Neil Young. Robert Plant the great and almighty singer also "jamming" on guitar next to his "mentor" (Jimmy) and early idol (Neil).

Although I consider Robert Plant to be the greatest singer and lyricist of all time, I think that he should stick to singing. I obviously mean no disrepect by that, I just think that he is a better singer than he is a guitar player. We all know that is Jimmy' role.

Check it out on YouTube: Led Zeppelin 1995 (7/7).

I just got through watching Led Zeppelin's set with Neil Young at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in New York City in 1995 for Led Zeppelin . They played a blistering grunge like version of "When the Levee Breaks". What made this memorable is the fact that our favorite singer, Robert Plant, strapped on a Cherry burst Les Paul (possibly Jimmy's) and proceeded to jam on guitar with Jimmy Page and Neil Young. Robert Plant the great and almighty singer also "jamming" on guitar next to his "mentor" (Jimmy) and early idol (Neil).

Although I consider Robert Plant to be the greatest singer and lyricist of all time, I think that he should stick to singing. I obviously mean no disrepect by that, I just think that he is a better singer than he is a guitar player. We all know that is Jimmy' role.

Check it out on YouTube: Led Zeppelin 1995 (7/7).

Nothing new about Robert playing guitar.

He has played guitar many times during his solo career although there isn't much video around.

2000 Priory Of Brion in Wolverhampton - Season Of The Witch, good luck finding it on YouTube.

I reckon he would've picked up a thing or two from Jimmy over the years.

You can't tell me that even with Zeppelin he wouldn't've at least strummed a guitar while creating those lyrics and melodies you mentioned.

Why shouldn't he play, with Jimmy or not?

IMO, Robert not playing acoustic guitar on say GTC live was an opportunity lost.

Well, he did stick to singing mostly, he once said he couldn't do singing and playing at the same time. He played at the HOF because Neil Young encouraged him to do so.

To watch Robert play guitar on his solo tour. He is not so bad here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUNWsKRNR78

What a great video to wake up to. Love iot when Robert sings the blues...and he can play:-)

Well, he did stick to singing mostly, he once said he couldn't do singing and playing at the same time. He played at the HOF because Neil Young encouraged him to do so.

To watch Robert play guitar on his solo tour. He is not so bad here.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qUNWsKRNR78

Deborah J.

What a great video to wake up to. Love it when Robert sings the blues...and he can play:-)

Hi Glicine, thanks for the link mate. :beer:

Debs, Me too, and he can sure play better that Jimmy can sing ah? :kiss:

Regards, Danny

I never thought Robert looked natural with a guitar. Just the way he approaches it seems odd to me. It always looks like he's seeing one for the very first time, and isn't quite sure what to make of it (not that he can't play)! :lol:

I never thought Robert looked natural with a guitar. Just the way he approaches it seems odd to me. It always looks like he's seeing one for the very first time, and isn't quite sure what to make of it (not that he can't play)! :lol:

Ev, I am trying to be graceful, but very hard as a female when it comes to Robert....(He can play--with pretty much what he wants to!!!!) :-)

Steve-Thanks as I have never seen this one

Bigdan--Not a tart:-) ...just stating the facts my friend!!! :-)

Your still a TART Debs, so be proud of the fact, i know i would be.

If i were born a girl, Jimmy would be my Favourite Fantasy as well, and i say that truthfully, but not in a Gay way OK? :wub:

You Girls crack me up when you get all Hot over a Jimmy Pic, what are you lot like? :lol:

Regards, Danny

Your still a TART Debs, so be proud of the fact, i know i would be.

If i were born a girl, Jimmy would be my Favourite Fantasy as well, and i say that truthfully, but not in a Gay way OK? :wub:

You Girls crack me up when you get all Hot over a Jimmy Pic, what are you lot like? :lol:

Regards, Danny

Laughing.....if you were a girl, Jimmy.... he's also got that thing!!!, but my taste in my younger days was more Robert...the man just took your breath away physically and you felt like you needed an oxygen mask just to breath. I always thought JPJ would have been the one I would have had more in common with though...make sense?

We are women/girls and are just as motivated as you guys!!!! :-)

Laughing.....if you were a girl, Jimmy.... he's also got that thing!!!, but my taste in my younger days was more Robert...the man just took your breath away physically and you felt like you needed an oxygen mask just to breath. I always thought JPJ would have been the one I would have had more in common with though...make sense?

We are women/girls and are just as motivated as you guys!!!! :-)

Hi Debs,

I wouldnt try and talk for anyone but myself, but i can honestly say that my interests in the Group are purely about the Music, nothing else, honest.

And they say us men are shallow. :lol:

You and JPJ, well if you're the "stay at home with the kids, and dinners on the table darling" type then you might have had a chance, but if you were as beautiful as your pic shows then i'm afraid it might be the "Love em and Leave em" type of relationship, who knows? I just hope you never grow out of it, and i know you never will.

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, People used to say that i looked a bit like Jimmy (see my Profile pic) when i was a young man, 20ish, what do you think?

Hi Debs,

I wouldnt try and talk for anyone but myself, but i can honestly say that my interests in the Group are purely about the Music, nothing else, honest.

And they say us men are shallow. :lol:

You and JPJ, well if you're the "stay at home with the kids, and dinners on the table darling" type then you might have had a chance, but if you were as beautiful as your pic shows then i'm afraid it might be the "Love em and Leave em" type of relationship, who knows? I just hope you never grow out of it, and i know you never will.

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, People used to say that i looked a bit like Jimmy (see my Profile pic) when i was a young man, 20ish, what do you think?

Seriously, for me it is about their music. I stated this on another thread, they could have been as physically unattractive as possible and I still would be obsessed with the music. Just luckily they were the whole package!!!

If you are with the right person (a soulmate) then dinner on the table, kids to bed...then stay at home with that special person would have to be the ultimate to me.

I have become a homebody as I get older. I was always one that only dated one guy at a time (majority of the time)

I'll check out the picture and get back to you:-)

I am in total agreement with you here, I have thought about this...How could it be?...but it is..Double Fantasy that is...... ;)

Oh yes, this started out to be about Robert playing guitar...and look what talking about him get's us to!!! Gotta love it:-)

:blink: Post just zapped into the air. :blink:

Well, you guy's are sooo naughty! :P

I saw him play at either a P&P concert or one of his solo's. He blew my mind. He played with flair and ease I would've never expected. It was this little electric guit tiny square job, with some kind of painting on it. He ripped it. Someone said that was one of Jimmy's guitars. Dunno, but he CAN play. Amazingly.

:blink: Post just zapped into the air. :blink:

Well, you guy's are sooo naughty! :P

I saw him play at either a P&P concert or one of his solo's. He blew my mind. He played with flair and ease I would've never expected. It was this little electric guit tiny square job, with some kind of painting on it. He ripped it. Someone said that was one of Jimmy's guitars. Dunno, but he CAN play. Amazingly.

Could it be this one?

Archived