Robert Plant

lzzoso

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone translate this for me? From the Dreamland era: "Enwog y'th wnair, gair gyrddbwyll armes, telynores twyll" So what does that mean again?

It means you've got way too much time on your hands.

Some people think it's a very old form of Welsh, others think it's Morroccan. Google it and pick one.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone translate this for me? From the Dreamland era: "Enwog y'th wnair, gair gyrddbwyll armes, telynores twyll" So what does that mean again?

It's definitely Welsh, though very old. The closest I can get to a literal meaning is "You achieved fame/notoriety with clever words and a musicians (harpists) deceit", which kind of makes sense when applied to a singer/lyricist.

Cool woz70, thanks for your help!

It's definitely Welsh, though very old. The closest I can get to a literal meaning is "You achieved fame/notoriety with clever words and a musicians (harpists) deceit", which kind of makes sense when applied to a singer/lyricist.

• 4 weeks later...

Let me jog everyone's memory (well, only those that seen Plant in his very early solo career)...someone has to remember this.

For anyone who saw the Shakin' 'n' Stirred tour. I seen him in Phoenix for that. I will never forget that night. There was a long wait for the encore but when he came out he did a song (I don't remember which one) but what I do remember is the voice effects he used. They were the voice effects he used in Zeppelin.

Not too long before the concert I had aquired for the first time a copy of the Led Zeppelin Berlin 1980 concert and to me that version of W.L.L. was the best...the voice effects Plant used etc..

Well for the encore song in Phoenix he used those voice effects from the Zep daze, but he made dogs and cats sounds and it was so frickin good it totally reminded me of W.L.L. from Berlin 1980, it was amazing. He played it just as W.L.L. in Berlin 1980. It was sheer brilliance.

I have a few shows from the Shakin' 'n' Stirred tour but none with the encore he did in Phoenix or anywhere else using the voice effects that reminded me so much of W.L.L. Berlin 1980. I mean he used alot of those great voice effects during his early solo career, but none like what I seen him do that night. I have looked for recordings of him doing it (in any city) but so far fruitless. Has anyone heard or have an unofficial live recording of him doing a song like this like I described anywhere? So what were the best voice effects that you have heard Plant do??? Blast off!! Everyone on this board who is going to see him on this tour have a blast!

Now someone on this board knows what I'm talking about, right??? Lol!

Let me jog everyone's memory (well, only those that seen Plant in his very early solo career)...someone has to remember this.

For anyone who saw the Shakin' 'n' Stirred tour. I seen him in Phoenix for that. I will never forget that night. There was a long wait for the encore but when he came out he did a song (I don't remember which one) but what I do remember is the voice effects he used. They were the voice effects he used in Zeppelin.

Not too long before the concert I had aquired for the first time a copy of the Led Zeppelin Berlin 1980 concert and to me that version of W.L.L. was the best...the voice effects Plant used etc..

Well for the encore song in Phoenix he used those voice effects from the Zep daze, but he made dogs and cats sounds and it was so frickin good it totally reminded me of W.L.L. from Berlin 1980, it was amazing. He played it just as W.L.L. in Berlin 1980. It was sheer brilliance.

I have a few shows from the Shakin' 'n' Stirred tour but none with the encore he did in Phoenix or anywhere else using the voice effects that reminded me so much of W.L.L. Berlin 1980. I mean he used alot of those great voice effects during his early solo career, but none like what I seen him do that night. I have looked for recordings of him doing it (in any city) but so far fruitless. Has anyone heard or have an unofficial live recording of him doing a song like this like I described anywhere? So what were the best voice effects that you have heard Plant do??? Blast off!! Everyone on this board who is going to see him on this tour have a blast!

Now someone on this board knows what I'm talking about, right??? Lol!

I think you're referring to "Stranger Here...Than Over There". It was often played on the Principle of Moments tour as an encore, but rarely at all on the Stirred tour. During the latter part of the tune he would yell and use echo effects, similar to the 1980 WLL's

Archived