what is there to do in greenwich on a monday morning?

I am staying in Greenwich on Sunday and Monday.

Sunday night is no problem - a few red wines in an Italian restaurant.

But the Monday morning? I don't want to leave Greenwich in case for some reason I can't get back in time to collect my tickets, but what is there to do? Don't say drink because I don't want to forget I went to the show!

Any ideas?

Believe me, Greenwich is packed with stuff.

• Royal Observatory
  • National Maritime Museum
  • Queen's House

all worth a visit

...plus of course King Tut's stuff in the O2, as I've posted elsewhere.

Plenty to keep you occupied!

Go for a walk in the park up to the Observatory, and admire the amazing view. Then go to the maritime museum, which is incredible. They're both free, and two of the best things you can do in London. Either that or go to the Greenwich Union on Royal Hill and enjoy some of the finest beers known to man!

Go for a walk in the park up to the Observatory, and admire the amazing view. Then go to the maritime museum, which is incredible. They're both free, and two of the best things you can do in London. Either that or go to the Greenwich Union on Royal Hill and enjoy some of the finest beers known to man!

Thanks for that.

Not too many beers though.

But the Monday morning? I don't want to leave Greenwich in case for some reason I can't get back in time to collect my tickets, but what is there to do? Don't say drink because I don't want to forget I went to the show!

Any ideas?

When i visited The Dome ( just before they closed it down), on the Saturday afternoon i had a wander round Greenwich, and found a small market, with two shops selling old vinyl, so if you're a collector, it may be worth checking out?

Any ideas?

I would come and mingle with the rest of us Zep fans !! I hope to pop into The Pilot inn midayish as Dave Lewis will be there !!

Me and my boyfriend are gonna have to find something to do with Monday morning too. I don't know what. Something will come up!

Our train back isn't til about 3:30pm on Tuesday either so we'll be able to do something with Tuesday.

What's near London Euston that's interesting?

I don't wanna go too far from the station in case we can't find it again!

There is loads of nice things. Absolutely go to Greenwich park, the Observatory, stroll out to Blackheath, where the Peasants Revolt rested and gathered before decending on London, and back down the Hill to the National Maratime Museum (see the coat Lord Nelson wore when he was shot!), look around central Greenwich. pop into St Alfreges Chruch (Thomas Tallis is buried there), walk the foot tunnel to the Isle of Dogs and admire the view back across the river from Island gardens. Take a 177 bus downstream to visit the Thames Barrier, and then visit the Eighth Wonder Of The World aka known as THE VALLEY, home to CHARLTON ATHLETIC FOOTBALL CLUB (if you're around on the Saturday...tomorrow, they have a Game against Ipswich Town...go and see)...all the time you will be conscious of the O2 dome, and the skyscrapers of Canary Wharf. Welcome to my (and Frinks and Lees) little corner of gods good earth South East London. Loads of nice pubs near the river too.

My big question is why is this concert being held on a monday anyway why not a saturday or sunday show not very smart. :angry::angry:

I wouyld guess because it was cancelled and having to sanwich in between gigs by others already booked by others !!

Archived