Stevie Wonder Appreciation

MisterMcLov1n

This thread is for the discussion of one of my favorite musicians and personal role model: Stevie Wonder! He rose to the top from humble beginnings and with some of the worst cards that can be dealt to a person, yet managed to become one of the best, most soulful singers and keyboardists in pop and rock. I'm currently listening to "We Can Work It Out," which tops the original in my opinion. My favorite album by him is Innervisions, but I still have much of his work to listen to.

:wave: Hi MrMcLovin! I too, love Stevie Wonder, even back in the day when he was known as "Little" Stevie Wonder. Loved the way he played the harmonica on his song "Fingertips"--"Mary Had A Little Lamb". ♫ haha. Hey, we have a lot in common as far as Wonder goes, cuz my favorite album is Innervisions as well! Not surprised, it's a fantastic, innovative album. Love the title track, plus: "Golden Lady", "Living Just Enough For the City", & "Higher Ground", just to name a few, that the mention of his name immediately conjurs. He was great in MJ's memorial, wasn't he? Remember when he sang "I Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer" [springtime, originally]? That got to me. =(

Also, I'm still enamored with "Sir Duke", "Overjoyed" "Happy Birthday" and "Part Time Lover". Excellent jazz chord progressions and nuances. What a genius he is. :D:beer:

This thread is for the discussion of one of my favorite musicians and personal role model: Stevie Wonder! He rose to the top from humble beginnings and with some of the worst cards that can be dealt to a person, yet managed to become one of the best, most soulful singers and keyboardists in pop and rock. I'm currently listening to "We Can Work It Out," which tops the original in my opinion. My favorite album by him is Innervisions, but I still have much of his work to listen to.

How's it going "MisterMcLov1n" and "Fan_S.?" I hope all is well with both of you. I LOVE STEVIE WONDER! I love all of the follow songs by STEVIE WONDER:

(1.) My Cherie Amour

(2.) Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)

(3.) Yester-Me, Yester-You Yesterday

(4.) If You Really Love Me

(5.) A Place In The Sun

(6.) For Once In My Life

(7.) We Can Work It Out

(8.) I Was Made To Love Her

(9.) Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours

(10.) Superstition

(11.) Living For The City

(12.) You Are The Sunshine Of My Life

(13.) Higher Ground

(14.) Sir Duke

(15.) Master Blaster (Jammin')

(16.) That Girl

(17.) I Wish

(18.) Isn't She Lovely

(19.) I Just Called To Say I love You

(20.) Ebony And Ivory (With Paul McCartney)

(21.) That's What Friends Are For (With Dionne Warwick, Elton John and Gladys Knight)

These are just a few of the MANY STEVIE WONDER songs that I love. In true retrospect, I love all of the Motown acts as did Bonzo. ROCK ON!

:wave: Hi MrMcLoving, ZFF, Deborah J and Wolfman! (hope I didn't forget anybody, hee) :D I see some favorites listed up there by ZFF! haha. Just wanted to add these to my favorite of favorites (among many LOL!):

• My Cherie Amour
  • You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
  • I Was Made To Love Her
  • Superstition

Edited to add, "Superstition"

:toast::piano:

----------------

Stevie-Wonder.jpg

Edited by Fan_S.

I am sort of a new fan, and I'm actually going album shopping later today. I have read that Songs in the Key of Life is one of his best, but are there any underrated records of his you guys could recommend?

How's it going "MisterMcLov1n" as well as the others? I hope all is well with all of you. I still can't sleep! But then again, how can I when both my home and cell phone's rings constantly. Please don't get me wrong, I really don't care, its just me feeling needed. There are so many STEVIE WONDER albums that I would not even know where to begin. Since you are the curious beginner, I would recommend a greatest hits package. There are so many STEVIE WONDER greatest hits albums on CD but I would highly recommend the same one that "Deborah J" mentioned which is STEVIE WONDER'S "Original Musiquarium 1, Volume's 1 & 2." The other one is STEVIE WONDER, "Love Songs, 20 Classic Hits." This is a great album if you really want to get aquainted with some of his older music material from the 1960's. In my opinion, these would be great albums to begin with. Good luck with your musical journey in finding and seeking the perfect STEVIE WONDER album that best suits you. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

• 11 years later...