Nice Parkway pic's

BonzoLikeDrumer

Hi all, I just got back from a trip to Boone in the north western mountain's here in North Carolina. Spent a few day's out on the Parkway too and got lot's of great video of the country side! Wish I'd had more time to get some more fun in but there's just to much to do and not enough time to do it all! I only went on one real trail at Linville Fall's, but still did lot's of walking and riding to enjoy the fantastic scenery up that way!

HawCreekVally2_0002.jpg

Haw Creek Vally, just on the eastern edge of Asheville (should have used the tripod but I was getting tired by then). :)

GlassmineFalls2.jpg

This is at the top of a look out point on the end of a short path from an overlook at Glassmine Falls (I didn't see any falls from my vintage point). :)

Thank's Fan_S! Oh man, you want to talk about green plant's! Up towards the top of Mt. Mitchell the wildflowers grow so thick! If you get out of the car and just stand there it smell's very strong of all the different, flower's and shrub's that are around. Up that high even the bee's don't have time to bother you as they have to many flower's to collect pollen from. Ha Ha :D

I've got about four hours of video to go through! I know what the next week or so of my free time will be spent doing!!!

I'll post some more later.

Thank's Fan_S! Oh man, you want to talk about green plant's! Up towards the top of Mt. Mitchell the wildflowers grow so thick! If you get out of the car and just stand there it smell's very strong of all the different, flower's and shrub's that are around. Up that high even the bee's don't have time to bother you as they have to many flower's to collect pollen from. Ha Ha :D

I've got about four hours of video to go through! I know what the next week or so of my free time will be spent doing!!!

I'll post some more later.

Hello BLZ! The pictues are nice. It's a very scenic area in the Blue Ridge Mountains. This is the entrance coming into the area I live it. I'll post some more later as well.

IMG]http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy219/photoszep/100_0461LA.jpg

Hello BLZ! The pictues are nice. It's a very scenic area in the Blue Ridge Mountains. This is the entrance coming into the area I live it. I'll post some more later as well.

IMG]http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy219/photoszep/100_0461LA.jpg

Very nice photo Deb's! I have a few that look nice and bright like yours but, many of my pic's are darker as there was a lot of cloud's on the day I was out.

charlotte_skyline_01.jpg

Charlotte skyline taken from atop Grandfather Mountain...

gliding5.jpg

Paragliding competition from Tater Hill/Zionville N.C.

That is one Hell-of-a lens in front of that shutter! I wish I had a set up like that! I didn't make it to Grandfather Mt. but I got at least one distant shot of it from the Parkway.

grandfather_mountain,_north_carolina.jpg

Grandfather Mountain.

grandfather-bear.jpg

Now we have a Black Bear cub that crosses the road straight across from me. And we have tons of groundhogs this year. They took up all our trash cans because the bears would turn them over and scatter all the trash and old food everywhere.

Good day all.

Serbia.... Is that an old Dacian empirical site or is it Roman or Hungarian? Or something else?

Nice picture's

Dacia is modern Romania and has nothing to do with the fortress. The Romans invaded this place 2000 years ago. Since the 10th century Hungarians ruled, Turks in 16th century, and after WWI Vojvodina became the part of Yugoslavia.

grandfather_mountain,_north_carolina.jpg

Grandfather Mountain.

grandfather-bear.jpg

Now we have a Black Bear cub that crosses the road straight across from me. And we have tons of groundhogs this year. They took up all our trash cans because the bears would turn them over and scatter all the trash and old food everywhere.

Good day all.

:o This world is beautiful.

Dacia is modern Romania and has nothing to do with the fortress. The Romans invaded this place 2000 years ago. Since the 10th century Hungarians ruled, Turks in 16th century, and after WWI Vojvodina became the part of Yugoslavia.

:o This world is beautiful.

Yeah ... OK, that's a cool bit of history but, is that old Fortress from those early time's or is it more resent?

Yeah ... OK, that's a cool bit of history but, is that old Fortress from those early time's or is it more resent?

It was done in 1692, and the pics you saw is the the original fortress from the 17th century.

However, I was on the excavating site in 2002 and archeologists found that it was inhabited 15.000 years ago.

Here's a (pretty poor - Wikipedia :rolleyes: ) link:

Petrovaradin Fortress

It was done in 1692, and the pics you saw is the the original fortress from the 17th century.

However, I was on the excavating site in 2002 and archeologists found that it was inhabited 15.000 years ago.

Here's a (pretty poor - Wikipedia :rolleyes: ) link:

Petrovaradin Fortress

So, it sounds like the Austrian's built the remaining part of that structure to repel the invading Turk's. Lot's of history in that part of the world, yes?

Here in the state's (USA) there's not that much modern history as the Native American's didn't do much advancing in there culture and so forth. They just lived off of the land and didn't think about thing's to much beyond that.

Thank's for the link.

Archived