College Football 2009

BUCK'EYE' DOC

Al Groh was indeed fired yesterday from U.Va.; no word yet on the new coach.

Does this come as a shock to everyone, Virginia?

Maybe UVa can pick up Charlie Weis when he is let go from Notre Dame?

Edited to say: I just heard that Charlie Weis did get fired today. I hope that Brian Kelly from Cincinnati doesn't go to Notre Dame. He is doing a great job and I want him to stay at Cinci and keep their winning program going.

Does this come as a shock to everyone, Virginia?

Maybe UVa can pick up Charlie Weis when he is let go from Notre Dame?

Edited to say: I just heard that Charlie Weis did get fired today. I hope that Brian Kelly from Cincinnati doesn't go to Notre Dame. He is doing a great job and I want him to stay at Cinci and keep their winning program going.

No, not surprising at all: Groh Fired

And on possible replacements:

The Search is On

Congratulations Jabe!!!

Alabama 32 vs. Florida 13 smile.gif

Alabama is going to the national championship game in Pasadena!!!

Who will be the opponent? Texas? TCU? Maybe Cincinnati?

I think that Boise State deserves to be there. They have been fantastic this year. Un-beatable! They do not get the respect that they deserve.angry.gif So sorry for that, Mandy.

Edited to say that it is sad to see Tim Tebow crying on tv after the loss. But he had very gracious comments after the game giving great praise to Alabama for thier win.

I really do not want another two-time Heisman Trophy winner, but if there is another, I think that Tim Tebow would be the one that I would vote for, as he is such a wonderful person and great football player. But I think that this loss puts the kibosh on his Heisman bid. My vote would go now for Mark Ingram of Alabama. He was great today.

I keep hearing the Hokies will be at the Chick Fil A bowl, but I don't know if it's been confirmed yet.

They will certainly go to a bowl game, Virginia.

Maybe they will announce it after today's games are over.

Are you going?

My boys don't want to go to the Rose Bowlslapface.gif . I can't understand it. I am begging them to go, but they don't want to go to LA for such a short trip. My husband has to work. I am seriously considering going by myself with the OSU Alumni group. I need a vacation.

They will certainly go to a bowl game, Virginia.

Maybe they will announce it after today's games are over.

Are you going?

My boys don't want to go to the Rose Bowlslapface.gif . I can't understand it. I am begging them to go, but they don't want to go to LA for such a short trip. My husband has to work. I am seriously considering going by myself with the OSU Alumni group. I need a vacation.

No, I went to one my senior year in college, and once was enough :) I haven't actually seen VT play in Blacksburg since the 90s; I really need to buy some tickets! :)

Congratulations Jabe!!!

I think that Boise State deserves to be there. They have been fantastic this year. Un-beatable! They do not get the respect that they deserve.angry.gifSo sorry for that, Mandy.

Edited to say that it is sad to see Tim Tebow crying on tv after the loss. But he had very gracious comments after the game giving great praise to Alabama for thier win.

I really do not want another two-time Heisman Trophy winner, but if there is another, I think that Tim Tebow would be the one that I would vote for, as he is such a wonderful person and great football player. But I think that this loss puts the kibosh on his Heisman bid. My vote would go now for Mark Ingram of Alabama. He was great today.

Thanks Buckeye.

It's frustrating: BSU needs more competition. Yes, it's a little fun that they're undefeated and it's a rare thing that they lose, but they need more CHALLENGES. Otherwise, they're not going to get better!

Well, BOISE STATE BRONCOS ARE UNDEFEATED FOR THEIR OFFICIAL WAC SEASON!

They defeated U of NM 42-7. (See what I mean by competition?)

Yess!

A HUGE SHOUTOUT to Texas for winning their game tonight! Their game was Boise State's entire season, so when we saw the Longhorns get that final field goal tonight, that was a happy minute for me. ;)

(I had to do the crazy colors...I had to do the blue and orange...sorry.)

edit: It's rumored that we will be seeing the Fiesta Bowl again this year. Let's hope so!

I'll be watching TV tomorrow when the rankings and other announcements come out!

Congratulations Jabe!!!

I think that Boise State deserves to be there. They have been fantastic this year. Un-beatable! They do not get the respect that they deserve.angry.gif So sorry for that, Mandy.

Thanks, BUCK'EYE'DOC!! I'm dealing with a minor case of brewery syndrome this morning, still not believing how that oblonged pigskin behaved yesterday. I was fully expecting the Tebow mystique and Florida dominance to continue. Say what you will about Tebow, but he is a class act in my book and exemplifies what is right about college sports and more importantly, righteous living. I will continue to be a fan of Tebow.

And say what you will about Nick Saban, but he has taken years of mediocrity, and in three years totally turned the Alabama football program around.

Still, with other undefeated teams (manderly's Boise State being one) out there, I wish there was a college Division I playoff. But I'm not complaining!

Best of luck to your Buckeyes in the future.

I'm going crazy here, waiting to see what they're going to say about BSU and the BCS rankings.

HURRY UP, DAMNIT! :angry:

Boise State REALLY needs more competition. They are seriously lacking in that area, and it's become a bit boring to watch the games. Half of the Bronco stadium is empty most of the games anymore, because people KNOW it's going to be an almost outright win.

...and

IT'S FIESTA BOWL TIME!

YESS!

TCU vs. Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl, January 4

Now if I could only convince the principal to cancel school that night... rolleyes.gif

I hope that you do get to see the game, Mandy. If your school is in Boise, I would think that your school will cancel classes so that the teachers and students can see the game.

Looks like Cincinnati is playing Florida in the Sugar Bowl. biggrin.gif

I hope that you do get to see the game, Mandy. If your school is in Boise, I would think that your school will cancel classes so that the teachers and students can see the game.

Looks like Cincinnati is playing Florida in the Sugar Bowl. biggrin.gif

Riiight. :lol:

My night school class is in the Meridian District, with is a (extremely close) suburb of Boise. I wonder if the principal would let me show the game...

Nah. I think he's a University of Idaho Vandal, so I'm screwed. ;)

(edited because I screwed up the LOL smiley)

It looks like University of Cincinnati's football coach, Brian Kelly, is going to Notre Dame. sad.gif

And it is reported that he will not coach Cincinnati at the Sugar Bowl vs. Florida. The assistant coach will lead the team at that game. How crappy is that? He's just washing his hands of the team that made his reputation for him and the team that allowed him to even be considered for Notre Dame. I wish him all the bad luck in the world at his new school. I hope that he makes Charlie Weis look like a winner in comparison to his own future record at ND for the way that he is treating Cincinnati. angry.gif

...and

IT'S FIESTA BOWL TIME!

YESS!

TCU vs. Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl, January 4

Now if I could only convince the principal to cancel school that night... :rolleyes:

This oughta be a great game of 2 undefeated's. Too bad neither is quite the caliber of a Texas/Alabama, but the Boise/TCU winner will still be undefeated and should get an honorary National Title, just a tier down.

^that makes me happy to hear they have a replacement now, considering I was worried about Coach Pete going to the dark side. ;)

By the way, Virginia, next year, Boise State WILL be playing VaTech.

Cool!! :) That should be a good game!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived