THE BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE THREAD

ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I always hope for the best for all of you. I'm going to do my best in writing this thread considering that I have been out partying all night at one of my favorite night clubs in the greater San Antonio area. However, I still can't figure out how the party ended up at my house! Oh well, shit happens! I haven't written a thread in a long time so please bare with me.

The 1970's band that I am about to write a thread on needs no introduction the world over. Somewhere during this lifetime of ours, we have heard their music somewhere along the way. We have heard their music blasting through jukeboxes in bars, we have heard them blasting through Boomboxes at numerous party's in the parks and beaches and so on...etc etc etc. If you haven't heard them yet, after reading this thread, I feel confident that you will! The band that I am talking about is none other than BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE. Their music is their story. So please join me in taking a Rock n' Roll journey down memory lane in a time machine, relax and enjoy the ride. And away we go!

BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE will forever go down in Rock n' Roll history and be remembered for composing and recording some of Rock's all-time greatest sacred 70's anthems ever. This legendary band would hail from Canada and be one of the first Canadian bands, besides THE GUESS WHO (Another Bachman Band), to ever gain popularity and recognition here in the United States. Originally called BRAVE BELT, the band would soon change its name to BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE in 1972.

When original founding members comprising of Guitarist and leader Randy Bachman, Guitarist Chad Allan who would soon be replaced by another Bachman Brother, Guitarist Tim Bachman, Bassist C.F. "Fred" Turner and Drummer, another Bachman Brother named Robbie Bachman joined forces, BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE would be born and the band would soon give Rock n' Roll a good swift kick in the ass. BTO would have a great run and release many great albums as well as Rock anthem songs throughout the 1970's up to 1979.

If you haven't heard BTO, and are very curious, I highly advise that you start out by buying a greatest hits package on CD. In my opinion, I would start out by buying BTO'S GREATEST BY BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE. On this CD, you will hear classics such as the beautifully slow and soothing Rocker "Lookin' Out For No. 1," the incredible Hard Rocker "Roll On Down The Highway," the electrifying Hard Rocker "Hey You," the slow turned fast acoustic and electric Hard Rocker "Freeways," the forever BTO stamped trademark ass kickin' Hard Rocker "Takin' Care Of Business," the amazing Hard Rocker "Down Down," another blistering BTO stamped trademark ass kicking Hard Rocker "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet," the breathtaking BTO stamped trademark Hard Rocker "Let It Ride," the slow ass kicking Hard Rocker "Flat Broke Love," the uplifting electric acoustic funkish Rocker "Can We All Come Together," the slow turned Hard Rocker "Rock And Roll Nights" and the Jamaican Hard Rocker "Jamaica." And these songs are just some of the many great songs that BTO has recorded and contributed to their glorious musical catalog and resume. In my opinion, what "Takin' Care Of Business" and "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" did for BTO, is what "Highway To Hell" and "You Shook Me All Night Long" did for AC/DC.

BTO, along with their many albums and greatest hits albums filled with their many great songs, should be a valuable and important part of everyone's own personal music collection. This legendary band and their music has without a doubt, already proven to stand the test of time and will always be around to be enjoyed, appreciated and cherished for many years to come, NOW AND FOREVER.

In closing, despite the many numerous band personnel changes through the years, BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE has persevered and successfully continued in releasing many more albums and performing live before sell-out audiences the world over up to this very day. Just with their 1970's classic song anthems ALONE, I honestly do believe that BTO is here to stay and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. With this in mind, BTO has forever left their place and mark in Rock n' Roll history and their many contributions, accomplishments and achievements which qualifies them as a successful band, will never be forgotten or denied. And as the saying goes, AND THE REST IS ROCK N' ROLL HISTORY! I hope that you enjoyed reading this new thread, I welcome all comments from all of you so please enlighten me. In the mean time, take care of yourselves and ROCK ON my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I always hope for the best for all of you. I'm going to do my best in writing this thread considering that I have been out partying all night at one of my favorite night clubs in the greater San Antonio area. However, I still can't figure out how the party ended up at my house! Oh well, shit happens! I haven't written a thread in a long time so please bare with me.

The 1970's band that I am about to write a thread on needs no introduction the world over. Somewhere during this lifetime of ours, we have heard their music somewhere along the way. We have heard their music blasting through jukeboxes in bars, we have heard them blasting through Boomboxes at numerous party's in the parks and beaches and so on...etc etc etc. If you haven't heard them yet, after reading this thread, I feel confident that you will! The band that I am talking about is none other than BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE. Their music is their story. So please join me in taking a Rock n' Roll journey down memory lane in a time machine, relax and enjoy the ride. And away we go!

BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE will forever go down in Rock n' Roll history and be remembered for composing and recording some of Rock's all-time greatest sacred 70's anthems ever. This legendary band would hail from Canada and be one of the first Canadian bands, besides THE GUESS WHO (Another Bachman Band), to ever gain popularity and recognition here in the United States. Originally called BRAVE BELT, the band would soon change its name to BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE in 1972.

When original founding members comprising of Guitarist and leader Randy Bachman, Guitarist Chad Allan who would soon be replaced by another Bachman Brother, Guitarist Tim Bachman, Bassist C.F. "Fred" Turner and Drummer, another Bachman Brother named Robbie Bachman joined forces, BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE would be born and the band would soon give Rock n' Roll a good swift kick in the ass. BTO would have a great run and release many great albums as well as Rock anthem songs throughout the 1970's up to 1979.

If you haven't heard BTO, and are very curious, I highly advise that you start out by buying a greatest hits package on CD. In my opinion, I would start out by buying BTO'S GREATEST BY BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE. On this CD, you will hear classics such as the beautifully slow and soothing Rocker "Lookin' Out For No. 1," the incredible Hard Rocker "Roll On Down The Highway," the electrifying Hard Rocker "Hey You," the slow turned fast acoustic and electric Hard Rocker "Freeways," the forever BTO stamped trademark ass kickin' Hard Rocker "Takin' Care Of Business," the amazing Hard Rocker "Down Down," another blistering BTO stamped trademark ass kicking Hard Rocker "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet," the breathtaking BTO stamped trademark Hard Rocker "Let It Ride," the slow ass kicking Hard Rocker "Flat Broke Love," the uplifting electric acoustic funkish Rocker "Can We All Come Together," the slow turned Hard Rocker "Rock And Roll Nights" and the Jamaican Hard Rocker "Jamaica." And these songs are just some of the many great songs that BTO has recorded and contributed to their glorious musical catalog and resume. In my opinion, what "Takin' Care Of Business" and "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" did for BTO, is what "Highway To Hell" and "You Shook Me All Night Long" did for AC/DC.

BTO, along with their many albums and greatest hits albums filled with their many great songs, should be a valuable and important part of everyone's own personal music collection. This legendary band and their music has without a doubt, already proven to stand the test of time and will always be around to be enjoyed, appreciated and cherished for many years to come, NOW AND FOREVER.

In closing, despite the many numerous band personnel changes through the years, BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE has persevered and successfully continued in releasing many more albums and performing live before sell-out audiences the world over up to this very day. Just with their 1970's classic song anthems ALONE, I honestly do believe that BTO is here to stay and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. With this in mind, BTO has forever left their place and mark in Rock n' Roll history and their many contributions, accomplishments and achievements which qualifies them as a successful band, will never be forgotten or denied. And as the saying goes, AND THE REST IS ROCK N' ROLL HISTORY! I hope that you enjoyed reading this new thread, I welcome all comments from all of you so please enlighten me. In the mean time, take care of yourselves and ROCK ON my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope all is well with all of you. You mean to tell me that no one likes BTO? How can this be? Ha Ha! I know that someone here has to like them. Please enlighten me. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope all is well with all of you. You mean to tell me that no one likes BTO? How can this be? Ha Ha! I know that someone here has to like them. Please enlighten me. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

Hey ZFF, i cant believe that nobodys Posted to this Thread, but "You aint seen nothing yet" mate, i loved them in the 70s, a friend of mine introduced me to the Band and i was Hooked straight away, are they still "Taking Care of Business" by the way?

They were a family band werent they? but by the amount of different line ups they had they must have had quite a few disagreements with each other mate.

Regards, Danny

Hey ZFF, i cant believe that nobodys Posted to this Thread, but "You aint seen nothing yet" mate, i loved them in the 70s, a friend of mine introduced me to the Band and i was Hooked straight away, are they still "Taking Care of Business" by the way?

They were a family band werent they? but by the amount of different line ups they had they must have had quite a few disagreements with each other mate.

Regards, Danny

How's it going "Danny? I hope all is well with you. Your guess is as good as mine why no one has commented. I guess that no one has ever heard of BTO. BTO originally started with different members that would eventually be replaced with family members. Didn't you read my biography mate? Ha Ha! I do realize that it is a little long but I like being informative so everyone can get somewhat of an overall picture of the beginnings as well as the history of the band. Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON my friend!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

How's it going "Danny? I hope all is well with you. Your guess is as good as mine why no one has commented. I guess that no one has ever heard of BTO. BTO originally started with different members that would eventually be replaced with family members. Didn't you read my biography mate? Ha Ha! I do realize that it is a little long but I like being informative so everyone can get somewhat of an overall picture of the beginnings as well as the history of the band. Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON my friend!

Hi ZFF,

Yes i did read your Biography of the band, very informative and very long as usual, :lol: and keep up the good work please, you and a few others are what i come on here for every night so keep em comming mate.

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi ZFF,

Yes i did read your Biography of the band, very informative and very long as usual, :lol: and keep up the good work please, you and a few others are what i come on here for every night so keep em comming mate.

Kind Regards, Danny

How's it going Danny? Sorry that my thread was pretty long, I realize that it was. Please forgive me everyone! I will try to do better next time, I promise. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON my friend as well as our fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

How's it going Danny? Sorry that my thread was pretty long, I realize that it was. Please forgive me everyone! I will try to do better next time, I promise. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON my friend as well as our fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

Hey ZFF, the longer the better, it might improve your English, sorry i mean American, i think!!!! ;)

Regards, Danny

Hey ZFF, the longer the better, it might improve your English, sorry i mean American, i think!!!! ;)

Regards, Danny

How's it going Danny? :hysterical: So thats it? Its my English, sorry, I mean American!!! Ha Ha! I guess that I better go to England and learn the British ways along with having the British accent. Ha Ha! I must confess, I have always been fascinated with the British accent. I went out with a couple of British women a couple of years back, they are great lovers mate. Please don't say anything to my girlfriend, she's already mad at me for staying out at the bar all day today. I hope that I won't be in the dog house too soon despite our relationship being brand new and all. Ha Ha! ROCK ON my friend!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

How's it going Danny? :hysterical: So thats it? Its my English, sorry, I mean American!!! Ha Ha! I guess that I better go to England and learn the British ways along with having the British accent. Ha Ha! I must confess, I have always been fascinated with the British accent. I went out with a couple of British women a couple of years back, they are great lovers mate. Please don't say anything to my girlfriend, she's already mad at me for staying out at the bar all day today. I hope that I won't be in the dog house too soon despite our relationship being brand new and all. Ha Ha! ROCK ON my friend!

Oi Oi, how many times mate? theres no "British Accent" and there are no "British People" just a load of Celts and Anglo Saxons that dont see eye to eye thats all, but "NO BRITISH" anywhere. :lol:

You better keep it in your trousers mate, if the IRS get to hear about you Squirting it around you will be getting Taxed on your Kleenex. :D

Stop acting like a "Dog" and you wont get put in the Kennels then. ;)

Kind Regards, Danny (Who let the Dogs out, Roolf Roolf Roolf Roolf, you DOG you)

Oi Oi, how many times mate? theres no "British Accent" and there are no "British People" just a load of Celts and Anglo Saxons that dont see eye to eye thats all, but "NO BRITISH" anywhere. :lol:

You better keep it in your trousers mate, if the IRS get to hear about you Squirting it around you will be getting Taxed on your Kleenex. :D

Stop acting like a "Dog" and you wont get put in the Kennels then. ;)

Kind Regards, Danny (Who let the Dogs out, Roolf Roolf Roolf Roolf, you DOG you)

How's it going Danny? Me get taxed? Ha Ha! Thats a good one! I'll tax someone else for my Kleenex's! Ha Ha! The only one that I act like a dog for is my girlfriend and my kennel is the bedroom. Ha Ha! Whew! That was a close one! All's forgiven now between my girlfriend and I. Damn I get into trouble so easy! ROCK ON my friend!

They were huge in the mid seventies and although technically not a Vancouver band, they were adopted by the locals as their's. The fact that they were living here at the time probably had something to do with that. Anyway's, I was never a big fan but they did do a few things that caught my interest. This is one of them

Blue Collar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0QAheXDN7o

They were huge in the mid seventies and although technically not a Vancouver band, they were adopted by the locals as their's. The fact that they were living here at the time probably had something to do with that. Anyway's, I was never a big fan but they did do a few things that caught my interest. This is one of them

Blue Collar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0QAheXDN7o

How's it going "ally?" I hope all is well with you. Its ok that you weren't the biggest fan, I'm sure that there are many more that feel the same way. I do like the song "Blue Collar" very much, I haven't heard this song in a long while. Other than "Blur Collar," I'm familar with the many Bachman composition songs such as the following:

THE GUESS WHO

These Eyes

Laughing

Undun

No Time

American Woman

No Sugar Tonight

BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE

Lookin' Out For No. 1

Takin' Care Of Business

Down Down

You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

Let It Ride

I feel confident that you've heard these songs before and they are all great songs don't you agree? I am looking forward to your response. Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

How's it going "ally?" I hope all is well with you. Its ok that you weren't the biggest fan, I'm sure that there are many more that feel the same way. I do like the song "Blue Collar" very much, I haven't heard this song in a long while. Other than "Blur Collar," I'm familar with the many Bachman composition songs such as the following:

THE GUESS WHO

These Eyes

Laughing

Undun

No Time

American Woman

No Sugar Tonight

BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE

Lookin' Out For No. 1

Takin' Care Of Business

Down Down

You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

Let It Ride

I feel confident that you've heard these songs before and they are all great songs don't you agree? I am looking forward to your response. Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

I still throw the Guess Who on from time to time. Actually, they're one of those bands that I appreciate more now than I did when they were popping out the hit's. Bachman/ Cummings were a great song writing team. As for BTO, too many corny lyrics and the lack of a good vocalist kinda turned me off of them.

Hope all is well with you too ZFF

I still throw the Guess Who on from time to time. Actually, they're one of those bands that I appreciate more now than I did when they were popping out the hit's. Bachman/ Cummings were a great song writing team. As for BTO, too many corny lyrics and the lack of a good vocalist kinda turned me off of them.

Hope all is well with you too ZFF

How's it going "ally?" I hope all is well with you. I'm doing very well, thank you . THE GUESS WHO is a great band! I admit, when I first heard the music to "American Woman," it kind of reminded me a little of the music to "Whole Lotta Love." I could be wrong but thats how I felt when I first heard it. The only difference is that "American Woman's" music is more mellower than "Whole Lotta Love's." At least thats my opinion. I love the song "These Eyes," that song has so much meaning and power. Bachman/Cummings were a great songwriting team in THE GUESS WHO, WOW is all I can say! You have to admit, BTO's main trademark songs are "Takin' Care Of Business" and "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet." Those two songs are genuine 70's anthems worldwide that can't be denied. Thank you for your comment and ROCK ON 'ally!"

• 9 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...