What Car Did You Learn To Drive On?

Deborah J

57 Chevy Bel Air. 4 door, 283 V8, automatic on the column.

Same color and white top like this one.

I used to blast slow drivers with my twin imaginary rockets mounted on the hood.

1957_Chevrolet_Belair_4_Door_Sedan-march27a.jpg

This is a nice car! I wished they would go back to some of the older body styles while still making them effecient.

Like I said, I wished I would have never sold my 65 Mustang.

I had a 1991 Ford Tempo. I hated that car because it was a total piece of shit, even though there was nothing mechanically wrong with it--it was just a tin can.

I had it for less than a year before I bought my Accord. I couldn't handle the lack of balls that car had. :lol:

I can't find the picture right now of my first car in my name that was given to me for High School Graduation gift (it was a 1975 Camaro LT), my dad got it for me. It looked cool but would not get out of it's own way (145 HP 350 V8). It was vastly under powered and weighed a zillion pound's so it was not very good for quick take offs but it had a bit of top end as the rear end was geared low as heck!

I also cant find the one picture I had of that 1975 Honda wagon I got when I first got married in 1982.

Well here is another one of my junker's, it was actually a nice car before I hit the deer :slapface: ! As you can tell it was pieced together with what I could scrape up with some help from dear old dad. This picture is from 1999 I picked up this Kia the year before in California before I was forced to come back to Carolina from the lack of a well paying job.

The good old days!!!!

Kia.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

a rootbeer brown with a black aligator roof .1971 dodge challenger special edition, 383 ingine,with air shocks in the back, when i took my driving test the instructor didn't like it to well, :( was looking for anything wrong to mark down. wish i had that car today!!! :slapface::P will try and post a pic.

a rootbeer brown with a black aligator roof .1971 dodge challenger special edition, 383 ingine,with air shocks in the back, when i took my driving test the instructor didn't like it to well, :( was looking for anything wrong to mark down. wish i had that car today!!! :slapface::P will try and post a pic.

o by the way i was racing in modesto ca, 1979 and flew over some railroad tracks ,when we i mean[four of us were in the car ] landed i had put a hole in my oil pan :o luckly i didn't drive it any further. :blink:

Hi Gina! How are you doing? Thats one hell of a car with some muscle behind it. The first car that I learned to drive was a 1973 Corvette with a 454 LS-7 with a Turbo-hydramatic 400 Transmission with a shift kit. That car hauled ass, I kid you not. I floored that son-of-a-bitch up to 160 MPH down the California coast. I scared the living shit out of the owner and he told me to pull the f*c* over. I would have loved to have driven this car at the DMV during my driving test, I would have scared the living shit out of the instructor that was grading me. Which DMV office in Sacramento did you take your driving test at. I took mine at the Carmichael DMV office on Robertson between Garfield and Fair Oaks Blvd. ROCK ON FOREVER Gina!

Hi "gina62!" How's it going? Did you drive down McHenry Blvd in Modesto, California? I used to love cruising down McHenry Blvd in the late 1970's. That is also where some of 1973's American Graffiti was filmed at.

It looks to me that you were hell on wheels! ROCK ON FOREVER my friend!

Hi "gina62!" How's it going? Did you drive down McHenry Blvd in Modesto, California? I used to love cruising down McHenry Blvd in the late 1970's. That is also where some of 1973's American Graffiti was filmed at.

It looks to me that you were hell on wheels! ROCK ON FOREVER my friend!

You're shittin' me, right? I used to cruise McHenry back in the late 70's! I lived in Modesto between 1976-79. Used to cruise a '65 Mustang at the time. Small world, ain't it? :P

You're shittin' me, right? I used to cruise McHenry back in the late 70's! I lived in Modesto between 1976-79. Used to cruise a '65 Mustang at the time. Small world, ain't it? :P

Hey "Rock Action!" How are you doing? I shit you not, I cruised down McHenry Blvd in the 1970's. I used to travel all the way from Sacramento just to cruise McHenry Blvd. That street was happening in the 1970's especially between 1976-1979. We've probably seen each other there and don't even know it. Everyone in California heard about McHenry Blvd., especially after seeing American Graffiti. ROCK ON FOREVER my friend!

wow!! this is crazy :D i lived in modesto at that time 77-80 cruised in my challenger!!went to davis high i saw the movie when i lived in colorado, then moved right to the town it was all about. those were some fun times!! :P RockAction do remember a 65 mustang candy apple red with a hemi, that was a friend of mine, use to own a used car lot in turlock cali,with my ex around 1984t086 been back and forth from sacramento. what a small world!!! :)

Hi Gina! How are you doing? Thats one hell of a car with some muscle behind it. The first car that I learned to drive was a 1973 Corvette with a 454 LS-7 with a Turbo-hydramatic 400 Transmission with a shift kit. That car hauled ass, I kid you not. I floored that son-of-a-bitch up to 160 MPH down the California coast. I scared the living shit out of the owner and he told me to pull the f*c* over. I would have loved to have driven this car at the DMV during my driving test, I would have scared the living shit out of the instructor that was grading me. Which DMV office in Sacramento did you take ur driving test at. I took mine at the Carmichael DMV office on Robertson between Garfield and Fair Oaks Blvd. ROCK ON FOREVER Gina!

hello ZeppFanForever, i took my test in modesto cali, where they had those deep corners to turn on... :D hope you didn't catch your rear back panel on the concrete....hey 1973 vette is that the style that has new front with the old back...what a car !!!! :P

hello ZeppFanForever, i took my test in modesto cali, where they had those deep corners to turn on... :D hope you didn't catch your rear back panel on the concrete....hey 1973 vette is that the style that has new front with the old back...what a car !!!! :P

Hey Gina! I owned a dark green 1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu with a high performance 327 ci motor with a Turbohydramatic 400 Transmission with a shift kit. I had a 12 bolt posi rear end with traction bars and had the chrome side pipes. Man, that car hauled ass too until my sister stole my car one night and went joyriding in it resulting in her totalling it. But fear not, I parted out the car such as pulled the motor, Tranny and 12 bolt posi rear end and installed them in a shiny Aqua 1970 Chevelle instead. Then I totaled that one. My Dad bought me a brand new 1978 Z-28 Camaro, I wrecked that one too. Mustangs did not do well in our family, my sister and I, together, totaled a combined 7 Mustangs. When you think about it, it was a shame! Of course, I have grown up somewhat but I still love to speed. One of my cousins is a police officer for the City of San Antonio, he pulls all of my tickets off record which is real cool. As for my sister, today, the only room that she is looking at the moment, is a little jail cell in California. At least I know for fact that she won't be getting into any trouble for a while.

As for the Vettes, I love to speed in them! I remember when my sister and mom went to take a test drive in a 1981 Vette at the Chevrolet dealers. My sister told my Mom and the salesman to wait and that she was going to drive the car around the block and back. My sister left my mom there, came to pick me up, went joyriding all over town and didn't get the car back to the dealership till almost midnight. My sister said that mom was totally pissed not to mention the salesperson and the upper management. I believe that was when the car dealerships changed their policy about letting people drive the car without the salesperson present. Man, my sister and I floored the shit out of that car! ROCK ON FOREVER Gina!

That area sure looks familiar Gina! ROCK ON FOREVER!

hello, that was birchwood ct a block from mchenry close by mervyns,you and your sis, did some crazy sh..t!!i use to ride in a goldish tan 1978 camaro with tru-spokes deep dish one of the first to have tru-spokes in town.we use to get in car chases. do you remember the house that was built in the middle of the street,been around that a few times racing :P do you remember the [pit] by davis high. you could buy joints there all day long!!! :D sometimes 3 for 5 ha..ha.. :rolleyes:

Archived