What Car Did You Learn To Drive On?

Deborah J

hello, that was birchwood ct a block from mchenry close by mervyns,you and your sis, did some crazy sh..t!!i use to ride in a goldish tan 1978 camaro with tru-spokes deep dish one of the first to have tru-spokes in town.we use to get in car chases. do you remember the house that was built in the middle of the street,been around that a few times racing :P do you remember the [pit] by davis high. you could buy joints there all day long!!! :D sometimes 3 for 5 ha..ha.. :rolleyes:

Hi Gina! I think that I remember where Mervyns was, I'm not real sure. Yeah, my sister and I did some crazy shit back in the day. I just feel so bad because we both put our parents through so much hell while growing up. Shit, I'm still growing up and my sister too. Forgive me, I went to the donut shop around the corner and bought me some custard filled bars and some expresso. I should be waking up here in a few minutes. The house built in the middle of the street, now that rings a bell! Didn't someone drive through that house before? I have no recollection of the pit, then again, I might have been to wasted to remember. I am looking forward to conversing with you again soon in order for me to refresh some of my memory in Modesto. I'm also going to ask my best friend's Tod and Stacy and see if they remember anything about Modesto other than crusing down McHenry Blvd for many years in the late 1970's. In the mean time, ROCK ON FOREVER my dear!

This is a nice car! I wished they would go back to some of the older body styles while still making them effecient.

Like I said, I wished I would have never sold my 65 Mustang.

Yes it was a nice car, complete with a metal dash and no seat belts. I`m lucky my head didn`t make a nice round imprint in the dash when that telephone pole ran a stop sign and cut out in front of me.

That was my grand mother`s car and it was cherry in 1972.

My friend had a powder blue `66 `Stang, complete with a bullet hole in the floorboard and a dusting of red clay from the Alabama dirt roads we dodged the cops on.

His car looked like he drove it through a bag of Cheetos.

At least his car had an 8-track player and we wore out Led Zeppelin.

Those were the days when gas was 50 cents a gallon.

Yes it was a nice car, complete with a metal dash and no seat belts. I`m lucky my head didn`t make a nice round imprint in the dash when that telephone pole ran a stop sign and cut out in front of me.

My friend had a powder blue `66 `Stang, complete with a bullet hole in the floorboard and a dusting of red clay from the Alabama dirt roads we dodged the cops on.

LOL--The telephone pole ran the stop sign:-)

My 65 Mustang had a 289 and I had it painted Chocolate brown, with awesome rims. I had the interior carpet replaced with brown shag. I also had an 8 track player!! Raced it in what we called Powder Puff racing:-) It was in mint condition.

LOL--The telephone pole ran the stop sign:-)

My 65 Mustang had a 289 and I had it painted Chocolate brown, with awesome rims. I had the interior carpet replaced with brown shag. I also had an 8 track player!! Raced it in what we called Powder Puff racing:-) It was in mint condition.

So, how did you do? Win any prize money? The 1966 Mustang I drove as a teenie was a base model, 200 CID in-line 6-banger with a Holly mono-jet carb and a 3-speed in the console that ran in between the front seat's! It had over 150,000 miles on it by the time my older sister's got there lick's on it and my dad handed the key's to me in 1981. Despite all that it was always a quick car and would still peel out and catch 2nd gear! I never raced it at a track thou. B):rollin:

hello L 7, gas was 50 cents, and do remember the 8-track players, wore led zep out... :P

So, how did you do? Win any prize money? The 1966 Mustang I drove as a teenie was a base model, 200 CID in-line 6-banger with a Holly mono-jet carb and a 3-speed in the console that ran in between the front seat's! It had over 150,000 miles on it by the time my older sister's got there lick's on it and my dad handed the key's to me in 1981. Despite all that it was always a quick car and would still peel out and catch 2nd gear! I never raced it at a track thou. B):rollin:

My 289 had a Borg-Warner Super T10 4 speed. It was great thru the quarter, but top end I could never take first place. We used to go to this road in the middle of no where and it was about 15 miles long. This was around 1975-1977. We always bet amoungst friends, but it was fun.

wow!! this is crazy :D i lived in modesto at that time 77-80 cruised in my challenger!!went to davis high i saw the movie when i lived in colorado, then moved right to the town it was all about. those were some fun times!! :P RockAction do remember a 65 mustang candy apple red with a hemi, that was a friend of mine, use to own a used car lot in turlock cali,with my ex around 1984t086 been back and forth from sacramento. what a small world!!! :)

Holy moly! I have relatives that went to Davis back around then. World just keeps getting smaller, eh?

I'm sure I've seen that 'Stang, it was so long ago though... Mine was a light blue hardtop, has a 289 hi-performance w/ a 4 speed. Needed a little TLC cosmetically but overall was a good strong ride. Funny you mentioned Sac, I moved there in 1979. :lol:

Holy moly! I have relatives that went to Davis back around then. World just keeps getting smaller, eh?

I'm sure I've seen that 'Stang, it was so long ago though... Mine was a light blue hardtop, has a 289 hi-performance w/ a 4 speed. Needed a little TLC cosmetically but overall was a good strong ride. Funny you mentioned Sac, I moved there in 1979. :lol:

Hey "Rock Action!" What area did you live in Sacramento in 1979? ROCK ON FOREVER!

My 289 had a Borg-Warner Super T10 4 speed. It was great thru the quarter, but top end I could never take first place. We used to go to this road in the middle of no where and it was about 15 miles long. This was around 1975-1977. We always bet amoungst friends, but it was fun.

Yeah, after the first 1000 feet or so the big block and longer stroked small block engine car's would catch up to you, yes?

You are one cool girl Deb's! Not to many chick's will know how to talk about break horse power and such! :D

Yeah, after the first 1000 feet or so the big block and longer stroked small block engine car's would catch up to you, yes?

You are one cool girl Deb's! Not to many chick's will know how to talk about break horse power and such! :D

Thank you...but it would take those first thousand or so feet to catch me!!!We had so much fun. I still drive a stick, I like the control of it.

I also love Harley's:-)

Thank you...but it would take those first thousand or so feet to catch me!!!We had so much fun. I still drive a stick, I like the control of it.

I also love Harley's:-)

hi deb, sounds like you really know how to handle a car!!! :P

hi deb, sounds like you really know how to handle a car!!! :P

hi gina62! I love to get on a remote road ( make sure, kids and other cars are not in the area)and have some fun, not as risky as I used to be, but still love it!:-)

I lived off the Watt/Madison area, North Highlands. Not too far from McClellan AFB.

Hey "Rock Action!" How are you? I was waiting to hear from you. I know that area very well, my father worked at McClellan A.F.B. I lived off Madison and Milburn by Mercy San Juan Hospital in Carmichael. I also lived off Madison and Hackberry before you get to Manzanita. Its a small world man! ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

hi Rock Action, i live in elk grove now. world keeps getting smaller!!

Hi Gina! How are you? I know where Elk Grove Is! Do you live by Elk Grove Blvd and 99 South? Do you know a Tammi Pierce? She's one of my ex-girlfriend's that lives in that area. ROCK ON FOREVER!

Hi Gina! How are you? I know where Elk Grove Is! Do you live by Elk Grove Blvd and 99 South? Do you know a Tammi Pierce? She's one of my ex-girlfriend's that lives in that area. ROCK ON FOREVER!

hello ZeppFanForever, yes i do live in that erea, i cant recall that name, but great with faces .so wierd that you pinpointed the erea!! E.S.P ... :D

hello ZeppFanForever, yes i do live in that erea, i cant recall that name, but great with faces .so wierd that you pinpointed the erea!! E.S.P ... :D

Gina, I kid you not, all of Sacramento, Elk Grove, Lodi, Roseville, Citrus Heights, Carmichael, Fair Oaks, Orangevale, Folsom, Stockton, Rancho Cordova, North Highlands, Antelope, Marysville, Yuba City, Los Angeles and San Diego just to name a few, were all my stomping grounds! I got kicked out of practically every bar in all of those areas, MY SISTER TOO! Ha Ha! ROCK ON FOREVER!

Gina, I kid you not, all of Sacramento, Elk Grove, Lodi, Roseville, Citrus Heights, Carmichael, Fair Oaks, Orangevale, Folsom, Stockton, Rancho Cordova, North Highlands, Antelope, Marysville, Yuba City, Los Angeles and San Diego just to name a few, were all my stomping grounds! I got kicked out of practically every bar in all of those areas, MY SISTER TOO! Ha Ha! ROCK ON FOREVER!

hey you were burnning up some freeway ... :P

Archived