What Car Did You Learn To Drive On?

Deborah J

hey you were burnning up some freeway ... :P

At 150 MPH too hon! Ha Ha! It was fun speeding down the California coast with all of the windows down. I'm going to have to tell you some true stories that I experienced with the late great DENNIS WILSON, drummer of THE BEACH BOYS. You will laugh your ass off! I'm surprised that I survived and lived to tell about it. Denny was one crazy motherf*c*er! I think that I did more drugs with him in two years than I ever did in my whole life up to now. Ha Ha! ROCK ON FOREVER!

At 150 MPH too hon! Ha Ha! It was fun speeding down the California coast with all of the windows down. I'm going to have to tell you some true stories that I experienced with the late great DENNIS WILSON, drummer of THE BEACH BOYS. You will laugh your ass off! I'm surprised that I survived and lived to tell about it. Denny was one crazy motherf*c*er! I think that I did more drugs with him in two years than I ever did in my whole life up to now. Ha Ha! ROCK ON FOREVER!

WOW!! yes do tell!! can't waite!!!

Wow...shrinking by the minute! I can't help but wonder if I haven't met either one of you, or both!

Hey "Rock Action!" I would not be a bit surprised if we have met somewhere a long the way especially at a party. We'll have to PM each other and talk more on this. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

• 10 months later...

'75 TOYOTA CORONA ......now driving a Honda Civic turbo:):):)

We almost bought a Civic. But the person that had the add in never answered. Do you like the Civic? Anyway, we got the Malibu. I think I would stick with Chevy, Honda, Toyota, for the most part. Never owned a Buick but hear they are ok. My wife has a Saturn and Im stuck driviing it alot. Do not like it as its a three door and small. I have a Lumina (car). Those 3.1 liter V6 engines will last forever

A 1970-something Ford Crown Victoria...yeah, I was stylin'.

Crown Vics -- the undercover cop car of choice! I've driven one of those things before; I felt like I was behind the wheel of a gunboat. Holy isht. That was my grandmother's car.....I was not sad when we had to part with it. :lol:

We almost bought a Civic. But the person that had the add in never answered. Do you like the Civic? Anyway, we got the Malibu. I think I would stick with Chevy, Honda, Toyota, for the most part. Never owned a Buick but hear they are ok. My wife has a Saturn and Im stuck driviing it alot. Do not like it as its a three door and small. I have a Lumina (car). Those 3.1 liter V6 engines will last forever

I'm driving the Civic in Europe now for work, but I think it's not that good if you're in the U.S. ...there are better cars for U.S. roads:):)....I dig Volvos too :):)

My parents had a Dodge Mirada that I learned on. I also drove my girlfriends parents Chevy Chevette alot. It was a fourcylinder

diesel that got about 50 MPG.

My first car was a beat up bright orange chevy nova with racing stripes on the hood. but it cranked the Led Zeppelin!!!

1974 Opal Manta stick shift in driver training, which I requested. If you can master the stick shift you can drive anything.

My parents had a 73 Toyota wagon which I drove too.

I learned to drive a stick shift on our Subaru GL wagon. It was an early 80s model, a beigy-yellow, and a 4 speed. It was my mom's car, but she couldn't drive it (being a stick), so my brother and I drove it. Literally to death, lol. By the time he was done with it, you could see daylight under the floorboards and there were mice (he lived on a farm) :lol:

I took it over the Blue Ridge Mountains a few times; pedal to the medal it went about 40 mph up hill. So I was shocked one time to get a speeding ticket on the way to DC; I was clocked at 65 in a 55, and didn't realize it could go that fast (although it was on a flat stretch) :lol:

1965-1967-buick-gran-sport-15.jpg

A black, convertible, 1967 Buick GS 400, quite similar to the photo I posted. My family bought it in 67, I drove it from 1973 through 1979. The GS 400 was essentially a very souped up Skylark, Buick's attempt to market a muscle car. It's easier to buy parts for that car NOW, then it was in 1979.

• 2 years later...

1979 Chrysler New Yorker when I was 14 years old. My dad collected a few cars growing up. The one where I learned how to really drive on my own and made out with chicks in was a 1987 Buick Grand National. For prom night it was a 1973 Mach 1 Mustang. And I would pick up my grandmother at the airport in a station wagon. Cars were always a big part of my childhood, which is funny because now that I'm older I really don't give a fuck about cars anymore and that is because I spend so much time in them for work I guess.

A Plymouth "Duster".

Which reminds me, today I was in the semi-boonies, and an oncoming car was a Ford Maverick! I couldn't tell you the last time I saw one of these.

A Plymouth "Duster".

Which reminds me, today I was in the semi-boonies, and an oncoming car was a Ford Maverick! I couldn't tell you the last time I saw one of these.

Neither could I Jabe ! One step up from a Pinto. Drop in gas tank and all :lol: .

Archived