The Mac Thread

Hermit

Here it is my fellow Mac aficianodos..

The place to discuss all things Mac/Apple!

Today has been a day of change.

The new LZ.com has been unveiled.. and..

macosx_index_leopardishere20071026.pngcheer.gif

["here" as in.. in my hot little hands! thumbsup3.gif ]

As I sit here posting on my G5 tower,..

I'm installing Leopard on my MacBookPro! hyper.gif

the install is gonna take about an hour.. waiting.gif

Are any of you running Leopard yet?

if so,.. whatdoya think of it?

Here it is my fellow Mac aficianodos..

The place to discuss all things Mac/Apple!

Today has been a day of change.

The new LZ.com has been unveiled.. and..

macosx_index_leopardishere20071026.pngcheer.gif

["here" as in.. in my hot little hands! thumbsup3.gif ]

As I sit here posting on my G5 tower,..

I'm installing Leopard on my MacBookPro! hyper.gif

the install is gonna take about an hour.. waiting.gif

Are any of you running Leopard yet?

if so,.. whatdoya think of it?

So what is with the 'dash' Hermie?

I for one think that other Hermit should give up the real Hermit name back to you. I mean, it might not be safe for the poor guy. It's kind of like being Osama Bin Laden's look alike at a US Special Forces convention. :lol:

Btw, I've got no Mac questions because Macs are not 'real computers' .

Just kidding of course.

Cheers!

So what is with the 'dash' Hermie?

I for one think that other Hermit should give up the real Hermit name back to you. I mean, it might not be safe for the poor guy. It's kind of like being Osama Bin Laden's look alike at a US Special Forces convention. :lol:

they're both me. ..the 'dash' account is, I'm hoping, only temporary. ;)

I'm wondering how the hell I delete old bookmarks, as I want to get rid of the one for the old forum to avoid confusion.

Btw, I love Mac's. I've been using them for a few years now and they are so great. None of the stupid problems you have with PC's.

I'm wondering how the hell I delete old bookmarks, as I want to get rid of the one for the old forum to avoid confusion.

on your book mark bar go to the little book at the left hand side. click it. you will see a listing of your bookmarks. delete any you dont want. hit the back button and youre returned to the page you were on earlier.

hope that helps.

on your book mark bar go to the little book at the left hand side. click it. you will see a listing of your bookmarks. delete any you dont want. hit the back button and youre returned to the page you were on earlier.

hope that helps.

Okay, I'll give that a try. I've never really had to do it before.

So how much does a mac go for these days with all the whistles and bells? I'm guessing around $3,500.

you know what they say.. "if you have to ask..".

;)

The new operating system absolutely rocks!! thumbsup3.gif

Its gorgeous and has some amazing new functions!!

*a quick tour of Leopard*

To any Mac user who's contemplating the upgrade,

my encouragement is.. GO FOR IT!!!

I've had Mac's and PC's my whole life and I've always perferred the Macs. Especially for the audio progams(namely Logic Pro).

I just got Leopard and will install it soon. I'm most excited about Bootcamp, now I can use every program and game I want to use on the same computer. Hells yeah!

I have a MacBook Pro that I love dearly. I've only been a Mac user for a little over a year, but I much prefer this computer to my old PC.

Do you use Firefox as your browser? If so, you can just go to "Bookmarks" and then "Organize Bookmarks". This opens up your bookmarks manager and you can choose whatever you want to delete, etc.

I've had Mac's and PC's my whole life and I've always perferred the Macs. Especially for the audio progams(namely Logic Pro).

I just got Leopard and will install it soon. I'm most excited about Bootcamp, now I can use every program and game I want to use on the same computer. Hells yeah!

lemme know what you think when you get it installed, Kith.

I'm digging it!

I'm so amazed that Apple keeps outdoing themselves with each new version of the OS. I thought the old dock was too cool, and they've managed to make it ever cooler! ..both in how it looks and how it functions. And the new Finder view and search options are incredible! There's new desktop sharing that not only allows you to see another person's desktop, but also enables you to make changes to documents on their computer; there's new video chat functions, new mail functions, and so much more! This OS feels to me like consumer computers are the verge of being able to do just about anything!

I bought a 500GB HD to use with Time Machine, Leopard's new backup function that not only saves backups of your HD data but ALSO allows you to go back in time to retrieve old versions of anything that's been in your system! How outrageous is that?! And how cool is it that I was able to get a brand new LaCie firewire and USB HD for less than $200?! 500 GB! ..for less than 2 bills!

and get this.. while I was at the Mac store I saw that LaCie is also offering a 1TB hard drive. Yes, thats one TERAbyte! :blink: The 1TB drive currently costs about $500, but in a few years the price will come down and terabyte hard drives will be commonplace. Afterall, it wasn't all that long ago that I remember paying $200 for a whopping huge 120GB HD...

anyway.. be sure to report back what you think of Leopard, Kith. B)

I've just celebrated my first year as a Mac user. A friend convinced me that was the way to go, so last November I ordered an iMac (20 inch). I've not looked back. After 5 years of grief in the Kingdom of Gates, you hardly know you've got one. It just works. I get more done in less time (mostly photography), and the bloody thing never crashes. I recently installed Leopard and things have just got even better. I will never return to the PC...er, sorry...turned into a bit of a rant...

RB

Btw, I love Mac's. I've been using them for a few years now and they are so great. None of the stupid problems you have with PC's.

This is probably the only reason I would ever consider getting another computer.

B)

I have 3 pc's and 2 macs.

1. One PC has Windows Vista with Office 2007. I hate both, but it's a top of the line HP machine that my spousal equivalent uses to feed her gaming addiction.

2. Another PC is an IBM Thinkcentre, which is my primary home machine.

3. One mac is an older G4 running OSX, which my kids use. The damn thing is indestructible! I definitely recommend it for anyone who has kids.

4. Last PC is a 5 yr old Dell laptop. It served me well, until I got my Supermachine:

- Brand new Macbook Pro, which I will be loading Leopard onto this week. I also run Windows XP as a virtual machine through Parallels. It's the best of both worlds. Macs are definitely cool, the only thing I do not like is the Microsoft Office suite for macs, so I use the virtual machine for that.

I used to not like MACs that much, but after I got the G4 a couple of years ago, I changed my ways. Everything works, it's easy, no viruses, no problems. Microsoft has a long way to go to catch up.

Archived