Most influential musicians or bands...

lzzoso

Okay. This IS MY OPINION of the top five (5) most influential musicians and/or bands of all-time. My top five list is going to be in chronological order. My list will also be of the musicians and/or bands that I personally think changed the face and sound of modern music forever. Here goes:

1. Robert Johnson: Started it all with his Blues. "King of the Delta Blues"

2. Elvis Presley: the "King of Rock and Roll". What more to say...

3. the Beatles: one of the first (if not the first) band to write, sing and play their own music and instruments.

4. Led Zeppelin: No introduction necessary

5. Nirvana: Just about started a whole new "genre" of music. Grunge.

I am sure my list will not correspond with your list. That is why I would like to read your thoughts or opinons on who YOU think "changed the face and sound of modern music forever".

Manfred Man were highly influential. Ha Ha Said The Clown had as big an impact on the 1960's as Strawberry Fields Forever.

Good point - the influx of songs about Eskimos after they exploded onto the scene is undeniable.

But seriously I'd rank Chuck Berry in there, and not entertain the grunge factor...

1. Robert Johnson

2. Bob Dylan

3. Hank Williams

4. Elvis

5. The Beatles

After that it's Led Zeppelin, Johnny Cash, Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Holly, Ray Charles, and Patsy Cline

Technically it should be Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, and Haydn

Leo Fender anyone? Strats are the best. To my ear, no one plays it better than David Gilmour, but that's just this fan's opinion. Anyway, to get sort of back on track....

Pink Floyd

The Beatles

Robert Johnson

The MC5

....and a whole host of others I'm probably forgetting.

Leo Fender anyone? Strats are the best. To my ear, no one plays it better than David Gilmour, but that's just this fan's opinion. Anyway, to get sort of back on track....

Pink Floyd

The Beatles

Robert Johnson

The MC5

....and a whole host of others I'm probably forgetting.

You dig the MC5?? :thumbsup:

Okay. This IS MY OPINION of the top five (5) most influential musicians and/or bands of all-time. My top five list is going to be in chronological order. My list will also be of the musicians and/or bands that I personally think changed the face and sound of modern music forever. Here goes:

1. Robert Johnson: Started it all with his Blues. "King of the Delta Blues"

2. Elvis Presley: the "King of Rock and Roll". What more to say...

3. the Beatles: one of the first (if not the first) band to write, sing and play their own music and instruments.

4. Led Zeppelin: No introduction necessary

5. Nirvana: Just about started a whole new "genre" of music. Grunge.

I am sure my list will not correspond with your list. That is why I would like to read your thoughts or opinons on who YOU think "changed the face and sound of modern music forever".

I like! Covers the major bases and all. I'd probably give a shout-out to Hank Williams on there somewhere, and I feel like Bob Dylan should be on there too, and it'd be pretty wrong if Les Paul wasn't somehow included, but if we're only doing 5, that ain't bad.

Archived