Favorite Television Shows

lzzoso

Goodness you do like your British TV shows don't you Kiwi! ;)

Some of my favourite TV shows:

Lost - probably my favourite TV show of all time, despite the rather disappointing ending :thumbsup:

Heroes - only the first 2 series though

The House of Eliott - BBC drama series set in the 1920s

Some Mothers Do Ave Em - I just love Michael Crawford

Blackadder - Goes Forth is my favourite

Only Fools and Horses - I prefer the earlier series

Fawlty Towers - 'don't mention the war!' :lol:

Seinfeld - the best American sitcom IMO B)

Sherlock Holmes - with Jeremy Brett

Downton Abbey - drama series set in the early 20th century

Merlin - BBC series

Brideshead Revisited - with Jeremy Irons (I know I love period drama! :blush: )

Pride and Prejudice - BBC series with Colin Firth :wub:

Our Mutual Friend - BBC adaptation of Dickens' novel

Bleak House - same as above :rolleyes:

Little Dorrit - same as above (What can I say, I love Dickens! :wub: )

TV I hate, any reality show, Big Brother, the X-Factor, Britain's Got Talent and so forth! :thumbdown:

All In The Family

This new channel we got on digital TV (Antenna TV) is showing Sanford & Son and All In The Family (2 shows each)

Archie: 'She's hangin' around my neck like an albacross!'

Fred to Aunt Esther: 'Esther, why don't you go mash your face into some dough and make some gorilla cookies?'

:lol:

Sherlock Holmes - with Jeremy Brett

Pride and Prejudice - BBC series with Colin Firth :wub:

TV I hate, any reality show, Big Brother, the X-Factor, Britain's Got Talent and so forth! :thumbdown:

I have to agree with these! Particularly Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy!

I do like Survivor and The Amazing Race, probably the only two reality tv shows that I watch.

I usually watch something on The Biography Channel, History Channel, Travel Channel, VH1 Classic or PBS.

I do not like sit coms in general, although The King of Queens cracks me up sometimes and I will occasionally watch That 70's Show.

One of the freakiest and fun sci-fi TV shows ever.....the original '63 Outer Limits :):):)

theouterlimitsscreensho.jpg

By blackglove at 2011-01-07

"There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits.

— Opening narration – The Control Voice – 1960s"There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits.

— Opening narration – The Control Voice – 1960s"There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits.

— Opening narration – The Control Voice – 1960s

zanticap3.jpg

By blackglove at 2011-01-07

Goodness you do like your British TV shows don't you Kiwi! ;)

Yep, Magic! You got that right! There is as I ALWAYS say, nothing like good British comedy to brighten your day! And yes, I do like some British drama shows and some British soap operas too! ;)B)

And I, like you, don't get the concept of "reality shows" either. I don't watch stuff like American Idol or the X-Factor or that tacky show where there are about 16 women who compete to marry a rich guy or something? :blink:

The only "reality" shows I watch are "Eggheads", "Are You An Egghead?", "The Weakest Link" and "The Price Is Right" because they happen to be pretty cool quiz and game shows! B) And yes, I used to watch "The Moment Of Truth" for the shock value :lol: and "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?" for the humour! Jeff Foxworthy is hilarious! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Only Fools And Horses

Blackadder

'Allo 'Allo!

Top Lista Nadrealista

Tom And Jerry

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Scooby-Doo

Wile E. Coyote And Road Runner

The Simpsons

Looney Tunes

Merrie Melodies

The Benny Hill Show

ALF

Friends

The X-Files

• 10 months later...

One of my favorites in the 70's was MASH. Still watching the reruns and just as funny still.

Sadly Colonel Potter (Harry Morgan) passed away today at the young age of 96.

I remember him also as Sgt. Friday's side kick in Dragnet in the 60's.

RIP

I loved that growing up, especially being from Virginia :)

i have always loved that show, i used to wish i was part of that family .... but unsure as to whether i wanted john-boy to be my big brother, or my boyfriend!

have you been to the area where it was filmed? i believe there is an actual homestead, and the mountain was called spencers mountain ( ? )

i have always loved that show, i used to wish i was part of that family .... but unsure as to whether i wanted john-boy to be my big brother, or my boyfriend!

have you been to the area where it was filmed? i believe there is an actual homestead, and the mountain was called spencers mountain ( ? )

There's actually a Walton's Museum in Schuyler, where the Hamner family lived. And there really was a Dew Drop Inn in Scottsville! It closed a few years ago.

• 7 years later...

Cheers

That show with the Huxtable Family

Seinfeld

Frasier

The Jeffersons

I Love Lucy

All In The Family

The Beverly Hillbillies

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Sanford and Son

The Odd Couple

Married With Children

Three's Company

The Honeymooners

The Sopranos

King of Queens  just to name a few

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2009 at 10:48 AM, bigstickbonzo said:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Best. Show. Ever.

It's Seinfeld..on crack.

Best show ever. It gets better and better (and wilder and wilder). The "Look out Faggot !" and the "Harassment Seminar" episodes were gold. 

Archived