New Footage of the 9/11 WTC Attack

Rock N' Rollin' Man

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord; and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen.

Merciful Father, hear our prayers and console us. As we renew our faith in Your Son, whom You raised from the dead, strengthen our hope that all our departed brothers and sisters will share in His resurrection, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Because Jesus Christ conquered death, we, too, have a chance to live again — and so do our friends and relatives who have already succumbed to the most certain thing in every life — death. That is why the most exhilarating message human ears have yet heard was the one announced to some devoted but astonished women outside a rock tomb in first-century Jerusalem: "Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen!" (Luke 24:5-6).

http://www.wcg.org/l...isen/risen5.htm

Christ conquered death but we must all still pass through it. Not until God's children rise to life eternal will death be gone forever. But then all evil powers, sin and Satan, will be conquered and so will death. The world is a morgue. Think of the millions who have died and are buried. Think of the millions, the billions who are alive but who are bound to die! But when the believers rise, death itself shall be gone forever.

http://pericope.org/...ns_15_19_28.htm

And yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers,

But all that lives is born to die.

And so I say to you that nothing really matters,

And all you do is stand and cry.

I don't know what to say about it,

When all your ears have turned away,

But now's the time to look and look again at what you see,

Is that the way it ought to stay?

3 Things you will never really know for sure in your Lifetime:

Who Really Killer JFK

Who really toppled the Twin Towers

Where Barack Hussein Obama was born

Remember The Maine

I don't really want to get into history here but, you could only think of 3?

I'm sorry Fan_S I didn't mean anything toward you or anyone. I was only replying to the post with some people's idea's on how the human world goes around.

I remember I was in the third grade when this happened. Before school I would turn on the TV and watch a local news channel, Fox 11, really just to know the time. About every channel had on what I thought at the time was just a big fire with lots of smoke in the two twin towers. When I got to school I then realized what happened by everyone was talking about it. Then our teacher asked us to write about what we felt concerning what just happened and what our feelings were.

I recently saw that 9/11/2001 special on the History Channel, it gets me every time no matter how many times I've seen it. The images are so surreal and I'm sure there are many more images and video like the link says that were taken by amateurs.

It's really hard to put yourself in the shoes of the people that were in the planes and those that had to make that horrible decision of whether to jump or stay in the smoky, burning building. I don't know what I would have done.

Dear BonzoLikeDrumer, EL, Charles, Anjin-San and Rockinrollingman, thanks for your posts. As one who's lived in NYC all her life, the events of 9/11 will always be fresh at my heart. Thanks for your sweetness, sensitivity, etc.

Thank you, BonzoLikeDrumer, no, my anger was never directed at you. You did nothing offensive. It was directed at whoever made that hideous combination of real footage with the Benny Hill music in the background as if one were watching a Laurel & Hardy comedy. Meanwhile, on this footage are real people running for their lives before they even have a chance at wondering where their families were. Probably some of these people died since they were on that camera. Probably they were friends or relative of fellow forum members from NYC or NJ or elsewhere. That Jarlaxie56 or whatever his sn is shouldn't have posted it here, unless he wasn't aware of the Benny Hill theme in the background. Then he effing well should have been aware. :angry:

It almost reaches the point where it makes sense to bring a parachute to the office with you if you work in a high-rise building, in the possible event of a terrorist attack.

I remember reading a story of one guy who had brought his climbing gear (including 100+ feet of rope) to work with him. He ether was going to or had just got back from a mountain climbing trip and was able to repel down past the fire and make it to safety.

I remember reading a story of one guy who had brought his climbing gear (including 100+ feet of rope) to work with him. He ether was going to or had just got back from a mountain climbing trip and was able to repel down past the fire and make it to safety.

He was prepared. That makes perfect sense now to bring that kind of gear or keep it stowed. Every high-rise floor should have at least one skilled mountain climber who can multi-task as a scout, educator and first-aid provider for any dangers that easily could develop.

Future buildings should be designed with terror risks in mind.

Archived