LED ZEPPELIN ON SACD

peterkin101

I'm just wondering if Swan Song ever had or have plans to release the Led Zeppelin catalogue on SACD?

I'm a Hifi buff , have an SACD player and possess in excess of 50 SACD's-which nowdays are difficult to acquire.

I am unlikely to ever purchase a turntable as I got rid of my 85+ LP's back in 1984 and subsequent vinyl purchases were virtually zero.

Now IMHO, SACD offers a considerable jump over CD almost approaching Vinyl for quality but without the fragility associated with Vinyl.

And it is shocking how this format has been ignored by so many labels.

I'm aware that "How The West Was Won" was released on the competing DVD-A format a few years back.

The trouble is that Led Zep fans have to rely on CD releases or splash out £30+ on remastered Vinyl editions if they are looking for a true audiophille experience.

A Hybrid SACD project would solve this issue in one fell swoop.

Processed via DSD (Direct Stream Digital) even on standard CD, the sound quality would be better than the standard release whilst those having an SACD player could enjoy sound quality approaching Vinyl at a lower cost and considerably greater convenience.

No need IMHO for surround sound.

So how about it?

There's this:

LED ZEPPELIN The Definitive Box Set (Deleted 2008 Japanese exclusive strictly limited edition digitally remastered 12-disc SHM-CD [super High Material CD - playable on all CD players] album set [8 single CDs and 2 double sets], comprising the entire LP output from the legendary rockers, from the eponymous 1969 debut through to 1982's posthumous 'Coda'; each disc is superbly presented in a mini LP-style card sleeve [with 5 extra sleeves for 'In Through The Out Door', replicatingthe original design variants, plus an extra 'orange text' version of the 1st LP sleeve] + obi strip, housed in a deluxe metallic embossed box - sealed & stickered! See 'Tracklisting' for more details of the exquisite packaging!) ** Limited to 5000 copies! **.

Led-Zeppelin-The-Definitive-Bo-440110.jpg

Not to be confused with the American box set issued at the same time.

I haven't even taken the cellophane off of my set up yet so I can't say whether they're better or worse than the Japanese Audiophile (AMJY) vinyl or the Classic series, but I've read a few critiques and some argue that the SHM-CD recordings are much better than the digital remastered recordings. If anyone has this Jap box set I’d be interested in what you think of it in comparison to previous CD recordings or any vinyl copies – audiophile or otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

There's this:

LED ZEPPELIN The Definitive Box Set (Deleted 2008 Japanese exclusive strictly limited edition digitally remastered 12-disc SHM-CD [super High Material CD - playable on all CD players] album set [8 single CDs and 2 double sets], comprising the entire LP output from the legendary rockers, from the eponymous 1969 debut through to 1982's posthumous 'Coda'; each disc is superbly presented in a mini LP-style card sleeve [with 5 extra sleeves for 'In Through The Out Door', replicatingthe original design variants, plus an extra 'orange text' version of the 1st LP sleeve] + obi strip, housed in a deluxe metallic embossed box - sealed & stickered! See 'Tracklisting' for more details of the exquisite packaging!) ** Limited to 5000 copies! **.

Led-Zeppelin-The-Definitive-Bo-440110.jpg

Not to be confused with the American box set issued at the same time.

I haven't even taken the cellophane off of my set up yet so I can't say whether they're better or worse than the Japanese Audiophile (AMJY) vinyl or the Classic series, but I've read a few critiques and some argue that the SHM-CD recordings are much better than the digital remastered recordings. If anyone has this Jap box set I’d be interested in what you think of it in comparison to previous CD recordings or any vinyl copies – audiophile or otherwise.

How's it going "whyalla?" I hope all is well with you. I also own this set and it sounds incredible. Do you know what even sounds better? I own the genuine ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING Vinyl/LP of LED ZEPPELIN II by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab (MFSL) Matrix Number MFSL 1-065. In my opinion, the MFSL version of LED ZEPPELIN II is the single greatest sound quality of this album to date. I just transferred it onto CD and it sounds fabulous. Have a great day "whyalla" and ROCK ON!

How's it going "whyalla?" I hope all is well with you. I also own this set and it sounds incredible. Do you know what even sounds better? I own the genuine ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING Vinyl/LP of LED ZEPPELIN II by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab (MFSL) Matrix Number MFSL 1-065. In my opinion, the MFSL version of LED ZEPPELIN II is the single greatest sound quality of this album to date. I just transferred it onto CD and it sounds fabulous. Have a great day "whyalla" and ROCK ON!

Ohh I have the MFSL too. But never played it (what's wrong with me?) So the Jap box set sounds much better than the other re-mastered CD's - that's go to know and thank you for that info. I have the original pressings on CD (non.-remastered) and although lacking the brightness of the mastered ones I much prefer them. I've got the AMJY Jap album releases and the one's I've played are superb, better than the Classic recordings IMO. You can't beat vinyl. ROCK ON to you too my friend. :drunk:

Ohh I have the MFSL too. But never played it (what's wrong with me?) So the Jap box set sounds much better than the other re-mastered CD's - that's go to know and thank you for that info. I have the original pressings on CD (non.-remastered) and although lacking the brightness of the mastered ones I much prefer them. I've got the AMJY Jap album releases and the one's I've played are superb, better than the Classic recordings IMO. You can't beat vinyl. ROCK ON to you too my friend. :drunk:

How's it going "whyalla?" I totally agree with you, nothing beats the Vinyl/LP especially the MFSL Vinyl/LP's. I own both THE BEATLES and THE ROLLING STONES' MFSL Vinyl/LP collection Boxsets, they both sound unbelievable! Take care and ROCK ON to you too my friend!

They only sound better when you play them. Ha,ha!

Archived