Relationship Status Update

Hotplant

Married 18 years the first time (nightmare). Two great offspring, fully grown and doing well. Married to a wonderful lady for the last 4 years, having a great time!

I agree with those before me. Choose your mate carefully and don't think that you can change them to be who you'd like to be with. Find someone who is already right for you.

I learned this one the HARD way! :lol:

Been there and done that. :lol:

Good words of advice here.

Single have been for two years (with a few indiscretions in between), string of broken relationships with unsuitable girls (read too young).

After the last one I moved up to the Highlands and married the mountains, lochs and forests.

Thinking I should get back into the dating game...........but man its such an effort.

Single and looking. Sadly pickings are slim in Toronto. The hotties are mostly already taken. All that leaves are Plain Janes. Those are the only ones approaching me right now. So things aren't going good. I have no interest in getting married. But i would love to hook up with a Pretty, cool, modern woman who is not into drama or games.

Re-single

Still cooling my heels.

Four kids.

Two grown and two young.

Nineteen, eighteen, ten and a three year old gift from God in my maturity.

The older I get, the more aggresive single women within my age seem to be...anywhere, on a bus, in a bar, in a grocery store....

Do women get hornier and men less so after 40?

Too bad women aren't that agressive in their prime years.

I have no idea why society thinks everyone should be married?

Anyone?

Primarily to ensure the men will stick around long enough to help raise the children.

Secondly, because married couples will consume more over the long term as a family

than singles (mortgages, cars, etc) which keeps the free market economy humming along.

Single and looking. Sadly pickings are slim in Toronto. The hotties are mostly already taken. All that leaves are Plain Janes. Those are the only ones approaching me right now. So things aren't going good. I have no interest in getting married. But i would love to hook up with a Pretty, cool, modern woman who is not into drama or games.

Oh goody.

I can tell from your post that this is exactly the kind of girl who might like you and be what you're looking for.

NA61.jpg

I can tell from your post that this is exactly the kind of girl who might like you and be what you're looking for.

NA61.jpg

A pretty, cool, modern women who isn't into drama or games is that rare? Don't say that. I am still trying to be hopeful.

^spats, I promise you...they're much better at *ahem* in those years...in fact, that's why women are said to "be in their prime" during those years... :shifty:

I know what you mean, i have heard that middle aged women are great in bed and more agressive. But just the thought of hooking up with a woman in her 40's or something like that is creepy to me. When i mean "in their prime" i mean as far as looks. And that is their 20's. I prfer women in my own age range. I don't wanna hook up with a woman who has wrinkles or anything like that.

Single. Good thing too. I have no idea why society thinks everyone should be married?

Anyone?

I think that if you want long term companionship free of jelousy or uncertainty its nice to have that agreement. Not everyone needs it, but I guess its just society's thing. By this I mean that most people think that is the way it should work.

Dating was like dealing with weather. Either there was a complete drought or it was like "when it rains it pours" and I found myself having to juggle dates, take gambles and make choices I wished I didn't have to. Thinking about all that again is giving me knots! Ideally, marriage is supposed to end the guesswork about who likes you and who doesn't.

^spats, I promise you...they're much better at *ahem* in those years...in fact, that's why women are said to "be in their prime" during those years... :shifty:

Yes, except everyone is "in their prime" during those years. :P

I think that if you want long term companionship free of jelousy or uncertainty its nice to have that agreement. Not everyone needs it, but I guess its just society's thing. By this I mean that most people think that is the way it should work.

Dating was like dealing with weather. Either there was a complete drought or it was like "when it rains it pours" and I found myself having to juggle dates, take gambles and make choices I wished I didn't have to. Thinking about all that again is giving me knots! Ideally, marriage is supposed to end the guesswork about who likes you and who doesn't.

Yes, except everyone is "in their prime" during those years. :P

Yeah, but in marriage there are are whole new set of ugly problems. At least when you are single you have the option to get the hell out. You are not trapped. You are free and have the option to do anything you want. You don't have that when you have signed the marriage contract.

And isn't the word "contract" one of the most negative words you have ever seen?

Archived