Relationship Status Update

Hotplant

Well I was with my wife for 29 years 21 of it married and because of her insanity she is trying to destroy my life.

Turned my son against me and is seeking perminant spousal support and we haven't even settled the visitation of my son or community property.

Hope I don't end up on the evening news!sad.gif

I am so sorry for all your troubles, Charles.

I can't believe that she is being so mean about this.

Can't she see that it is your son that is suffering the most from her vindictiveness?

I truely believe that what goes around, comes around, and she will get her due one day.

We had a disastrous honeymoon, but a wonderful marriage.

A week before our wedding, my husband had an auto accident and disabled his car. So we borrowed one of his parent's cars for the honeymoon. It barely made it driving through the hills and mountains of West Virginia and North Carolina.

Our hotel reservation for our first night of our honeymoon was messed up and we didn't get the honeymoon suite. My husband had ordered flowers for our room and they were sent to the wrong hotel. We then went to Hilton Head Island where we had pre-paid for a week with alot of extras, such as a romantic excursion on a yacht. When we checked into our condo, it hadn't been cleaned from the previous tenent and was very dirty. So they gave us another, inferior condo at Sea Pines Plantation. We unpacked and went to dinner. While at dinner, they started boarding up the windows as a hurricane (David) was approaching. After only spending 5 hours there, we were forced to evacuate the island due to the approaching hurricane. This was late in the evening, and we had to drive until 3 AM to find a vacant hotel room, as everyone on the coast was moving inland to avoid the hurricane. When we opened the door to this hotel, there were several large bugs running across the floor. So I refused to stay there. But we had already given them our credit card number. When we got our credit card bill, someone at that hotel had used our number to purchase alot of expensive stereo equipment. It took alot of effort to prove that these were fradulent charges, and after months, they removed them from our account. Then, we decided to go to Florida for the rest of our honeymoon. But another hurricane (Frederick) hit Florida from the Gulf of Mexico side. So we then headed to Gatlinburg, Tennessee in the Smokey Mountains. But both hurricanes headed inland and followed us into the Smokeys, where it rained and rained. So we decided to just go home. We stopped at my husband's parents house, where our wedding gifts were. We stayed with them for a few days, but their house only had single beds! After several months, we finally were reimbursed for our pre-paid honeymoon at Hilton Head that we didn't get to enjoy. And then they sent us two checks, re-paying us twice. They even gave us a bit of a hassle when we returned one of the checks. :slapface:

Despite all those troubles at the beginning, it has been smooth sailing ever since. We have rarely had any arguments. We agree on almost everything. And it has been "happy ever after".

WOW! I thought that our HM was bad. All we had to deal with was an overbooked Plane, a stolen rental car on arrival and torrential rain for the last 3 day's. Perhaps that is an omen for success because we are coming up on 20 years of almost perfect Marriage.

Well I was with my wife for 29 years 21 of it married and because of her insanity she is trying to destroy my life.

Turned my son against me and is seeking perminant spousal support and we haven't even settled the visitation of my son or community property.

Hope I don't end up on the evening news!sad.gif

I'm really sorry you are having to go through this :console:

I've been married since 2001.My gorgeous young wife and I just had our 1st child, a bouncing baby boy, July 24. :wub:

To quote Jane's Addiction:

Now they parade around in New York

With a baby boy

And he's gorgeous

Ain't no body leavin!

I've been married since 2001.My gorgeous young wife and I just had our 1st child, a bouncing baby boy, July 24. :wub:

To quote Jane's Addiction:

Now they parade around in New York

With a baby boy

And he's gorgeous

Ain't no body leavin!

:D

Damone.gif

Alright guys, you want to conquer a girl like Lizzy, here's your battleplan:

Number 10

Avoid her past

Generally speaking, one should never ask about past lovers on a first date. In fact, this should be avoided until she initiates the topic (if she ever does). She might have been hurt or may still be in love with her ex. You also prefer to start with a clean slate, so becoming chummy with her and comforting her about past mistakes may not be the greatest strategy on the first date. The goal is to take off her lipstick by the end of the evening, not help her wipe the tears as they smudge her mascara.

Number 9

Got any brothers or sisters?

Usually, a safe topic of conversation is asking about siblings (don't ask her if she's got cute sisters). Again, asking about her parents could backfire if they experienced a divorce or separation, especially at a young age. But sisters and brothers usually trigger good feelings and score points for you since you're showing a caring side and an interest in her family life.

Number 8

Traveled anywhere special?

A tricky way to spark a girl's interest is by asking about her past travel destinations and where she intends on visiting in the future. The upside is that if she mentions a spot she always wanted to visit, lo and behold, here comes the knight in shining armor (that's you, boy) and offers to make her dreams come true one day by taking her there. This also provides both people with some insight about one's cultural background and their openness to new adventures.

Number 7

Drinks anyone?

A topic of conversation, especially if the date is taking place at a restaurant or bar, is the kind of food and drinks each of you prefers. Again, not only can you gauge whether or not you share culinary preferences, but the potential topics are endless and provide you with a safe topic of conversation unless, of course, you are dating someone with an addiction to food or alcohol.

Number 6

Any career plans?

Asking a girl about her past education and whether she intends on returning to school is admittedly a double-edged sword. She might love to go on and on about her numerous academic achievements, but she might break down and admit that her current job has absolutely nothing to do with what she studied. In either case, you are provided with a golden opportunity to reassure and encourage her with an abundance of compliments.

Number 5

How's your job?

If you are years removed from your college years, then talking about work and career goals just might be a safer topic. Admittedly, do not let her go into the mundane details about how fed up she is with her life, which would explain why she's on her seventh margarita. But generally speaking, people like to brag about work, no matter how routine it is. It also gives you an idea regarding whether or not you are dating a future CEO or something less than that.

Number 4

Got any friends?

Ask her about her friend. Even if you do not know them, she will love to tell you about her circle of friends, how much they mean to her and where she met them (and all of the things they did together). Don't doze off though, my good man, this is when you get precious details about her. If you ever make it further than the first date, her friends are usually the best source to unearth the skeletons in her closet.

Number 3

Free time frolicking

Does she roller blade, collect something or dance? How about sports? What kind of music does she like? These are the questions you must ask to determine how much of a bond exists between the two of you. Moreover, you gain some insight to follow-up questions.

Number 2

Weekend's peakin'

Not only do you get a clearer picture of what life with her will be like after the honeymoon, but you are also sending mixed messages, which is not entirely bad at first. Yes, mind games are childish, but keeping your cards at your chest gives you leverage. She will ask herself: "Does he want to see me on weekends?"

Number 1

Be bold and look ahead

Now, assuming she is having a good time and she is looking at you with that sparkle in her eye... In other words, if her body language is positive, you can look ahead and talk about other things you could do together in the future. Admittedly, you do not want to rush too far ahead and scare her off, but if she's enjoying herself, chances are she'll be curious to see what other great adventures you have in store for her.

And remember, if it gets down to makin' out, whenever possible, put on side 2, track 3 of Physical Graffiti.

Steve!I don't know whether to laugh or cry!!! :-)

As of Aug 5, we've been married 31 yrs. Two great son's and a whole lotta fun along the way. I'd do it again in a heartbeat :)

31 years? You don't look a day older than... oh forget it. Congrats ol' chum.

As of Aug 5, we've been married 31 yrs. Two great son's and a whole lotta fun along the way. I'd do it again in a heartbeat :)

And I'm happy that my wife and I are going to make 10 years, in November. Congrats on 31 years.

I am so sorry for all your troubles, Charles.

I can't believe that she is being so mean about this.

Can't she see that it is your son that is suffering the most from her vindictiveness?

I truely believe that what goes around, comes around, and she will get her due one day.

Hey Doc I hate to be a bummer it's nothing I can really do about it she is certified schizophrenic.sad.gif

I just don't understand how a judge could give her custody.

I'm just going to deal with it till the litigation is over and move on to a better life.smile.gif

Hey Doc I hate to be a bummer it's nothing I can really do about it she is certified schizophrenic.sad.gif

I just don't understand how a judge could give her custody.

I'm just going to deal with it till the litigation is over and move on to a better life.smile.gif

Pulling for you bro!! :beer:

Archived