Relationship Status Update

Hotplant

I was in a relationship for a very long time, he was possessive, and very demanding,I got out, best thing I did, it was difficult - I loved him so much.

That's very sad :mellow: Are you sure you loved him? Usually there's some middle ground somewhere. Usually relationships fall apart because of lack of communication. Did he really know you loved him? Or were they just loose words used in passing like a ship in the night?

If it's gone sometimes it's gone and just better to move on. However sounds to me like you still love this bloke. If that's the case then I suggest you fight tooth and nail to keep each other on the right track :rolleyes:

Games are for the weak, love is for the dedicated romantic who laughs in the face of war and silly things.

OTOH. All is not fair in love and war. I never understood that statement.

Enough about you. I am single and I will not stop looking until I find my soul mate for life. Dreams do come true, miracles do happen. But the thing you can never lose track of to EVER experience either is "faith."

Shad :unsure: w

God I sound like a mum//

• 2 weeks later...
I went to my Doctor's office this week for a full physical examination. Since I am over 40 years old I have to have the full prostate exam each time now.

Not really a 'relationship update'

but still more action than some of you pathetic nerds... sheesh!

:P

BUUUUUUUUUUURN!!!!

wait that was to me too..damn mate :unsure::D

I went to homecoming with this girl in the fall, as kind of a "set up by friends" thing, and I ended up really liking her. I wanted to avoid coming on too strong, so I laid low for a little while which was a mistake. Now she's "with one of my good time buddies, drinking in some crosstown bar." So, I'm single for now, and probably the forseeable future. :drunk:

edit: and I don't even know if my prostate is healthy

I went to homecoming with this girl in the fall, as kind of a "set up by friends" thing, and I ended up really liking her. I wanted to avoid coming on too strong, so I laid low for a little while which was a mistake. Now she's "with one of my good time buddies, drinking in some crosstown bar." So, I'm single for now, and probably the forseeable future. :drunk:

come to the UK mate will hit the town, do you fancy mate the good herb?

I went to my Doctor's office this week for a full physical examination. Since I am over 40 years old I have to have the full prostate exam each time now.

Not really a 'relationship update'

but still more action than some of you pathetic nerds... sheesh!

:P

:lol:

A guy I know that shops at my store, (he used to be a friend of my mom's when I was a kid), told me the other day that "he was old." I asked him what he meant about that, and he told me that he got to go have the same visit. He asked me if I had any hints to ease the pain! ROFL

I was like, "ummmm....NO!" Yeah. Like I have a bag of tricks on that one. ROFL

:hysterical::lol:

ETA: it was "any tricks to numb it."

You did the right thing. Coming on too strong is not good. It's best to hold back somewhat.

Freudian slip or investment strategy?

:hysterical: Good one!

Must have been a slip because I have never bought it yet.

... although I do beg for it a lot lately :lol:

:lol:

A guy I know that shops at my store, (he used to be a friend of my mom's when I was a kid), told me the other day that "he was old." I asked him what he meant about that, and he told me that he got to go have the same visit. He asked me if I had any hints to ease the pain! ROFL

I was like, "ummmm....NO!" Yeah. Like I have a bag of tricks on that one. ROFL

:hysterical::lol:

ETA: it was "any tricks to numb it."

:lol: Yeah, I bet you have a big 'bag of tricks' for those types of things.

Speaking of that kind of Doctor's visit:

So I said to my doctor (while perched in a very awkward position on his exam table), "Hey Doc, I usually make a guy buy me a couple of drinks before I let him do that!"

And my doctor says to me very dryly, " I know you are uncomfortable right now, however, unless you turn around and can see both of my hands... you have nothing to be nervous about."

:unsure:

You did the right thing. Coming on too strong is not good. It's best to hold back somewhat.

Boy, this perfectly encapsulates Spats- The guy is saying that he held back, didn't go for it, and regrets that his lack of assertiveness cost him the girl...and your response is "good call, you handled it right".

Bonehead.

Boy, this perfectly encapsulates Spats- The guy is saying that he held back, didn't go for it, and regrets that his lack of assertiveness cost him the girl...and your response is "good call, you handled it right".

Bonehead.

How did his lack of assertiveness cost him. She has two arms and two legs. She can think for herself. If she liked him as much as he liked her she could have easily got assertive with him. And she didn't. Why is it Octogans fault??? There were two people involved there.

Octogan, don't blame yourself.

Bonehead.

Matt, he's just trying to assure himself that his own behaviour is right, because he's doing the same thing all the time. It's really becoming less and less funny. <_<

Matt, he's just trying to assure himself that his own behaviour is right, because he's doing the same thing all the time. It's really becoming less and less funny. <_<

No i am saying octoagon is not to blame for what happened. She didn't get assertive either.

Just because he thinks he is too blame doesn't mean he is. You should always go with your first instinct. It's the usually the best reaction to go with and his first reaction was too not come on too strong. He is probably just regretful in hindsight.

No i am saying octoagon is not to blame for what happened. She didn't get assertive either.

How the hell do you know that? :huh:

Just because he thinks he is too blame doesn't mean he is. You should always go with your first instinct. It's the usually the best reaction to go with and his first reaction was too not come on too strong. He is probably just regretful in hindsight.

Spats, you're boring.

Archived