Relationship Status Update

Hotplant

Would you rather have her fake it, then get stuck with someone you can't stand after a while? :rolleyes:

Let me tell you about the story of life.

It's called making choices. People choose what they want, and reject what they don't want. Everybody.

I know that there's a whole lotta women here (for example) that would definitely reject a date with me. Why? Because I'm an old fart and a smartass! But you see, that's OK! Because somewhere there is an older woman my age and dementia that I would get along famously with. This is just an example, of course. But do you get it yet?

You WILL be rejected, time and time again, until the right lady comes along and you get accepted. Live with it. We ALL do.

SUCK IT UP. :P

You are hereby awarded Lakey's Post of the Thread award. *applauds*

BTW, on the old board... back in the day... we called ourselves geezers and geezerettes. *lapses into reminiscence*

You are hereby awarded Lakey's Post of the Thread award. *applauds*

BTW, on the old board... back in the day... we called ourselves geezers and geezerettes. *lapses into reminiscence*

Thank you! :blush:

And geezer sounds a lot better than old fart. I'll keep note of that. ;)

But maybe it's not your looks that get you rejected? Maybe it's your personality....I know lots of chicks that date dudes who are not the best looking simply because the guy is "such a sweetheart".

I'm just saying.

It's usually looks. because there isn't really enough time or the right atmosphere get to know personalities. I have never really come across many women that will hook up with a guy just because he is a "sweetheart". Womne size a guy up physically when meeting just like guys are know to do. I have found that the nice guys usually get pushed aside.

Yeah, but you're talking about the bar scene. It's better to let a girl get to know you in more of a social setting, then personality comes into it, and it's not all about looks. This works at, say, a party. Maybe a New Year's party.

Oh wait, nevermind.

The club scene is definately not the ideal place to meet women. Especially if you don't look like Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt. (maybe i should save up for that cosmetic surgery.) You are right about that. But the best looking women are usually there. Better looking than the New Years girl. (Not that she was ugly or anything.)

Maybe i should tell my buddy to hold another party. I will just hope that Ms New years does not show up again.

The club scene is definately not the ideal place to meet women. Especially if you don't look like Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt. (maybe i should save up for that cosmetic surgery.) You are right about that. But the best looking women are usually there. Better looking than the New Years girl. (Not that she was ugly or anything.)

Maybe i should tell my buddy to hold another party. I will just hope that Ms New years does not show up again.

Why are so god damned hung up on LOOKS?? If everyone else was so worried about LOOKS they way you are, the population of the entire world would be about 70,000!!! :rolleyes:

Why are so god damned hung up on LOOKS?? If everyone else was so worried about LOOKS they way you are, the population of the entire world would be about 70,000!!! :rolleyes:

I have just been around that attitude where looks are important most of my life. (highschool, College, The dating scene). When you have it's hard not to think that way.

I have just been around that attitude where looks are important most of my life. (highschool, College, The dating scene). When you have it's hard not to think that way.

I disagree.

We were ALL raised like that as kids. That includes myself. But as I got older, I realized that some of the best looking women were also the snottiest, most arrogant bitches I ever met. So that part of my search criteria got tossed out the window. I started looking at who made me laugh, who treated me with respect, and who was genuine and friendly. The rest is bullshit.

Now ladies, before you crucify me- I know that a good looking lady can also be a wonderful person. I'm not generalizing here. I'll apologize right now if I phrased things the wrong way. Just saying that the ego can be a powerful thing. That goes for men too. :)

I disagree.

We were ALL raised like that as kids. That includes myself. But as I got older, I realized that some of the best looking women were also the snottiest, most arrogant bitches I ever met. So that part of my search criteria got tossed out the window. I started looking at who made me laugh, who treated me with respect, and who was genuine and friendly. The rest is bullshit.

Now ladies, before you crucify me- I know that a good looking lady can also be a wonderful person. I'm not generalizing here. I'll apologize right now if I phrased things the wrong way. Just saying that the ego can be a powerful thing. That goes for men too. :)

No, not gonna cruxify ya. I totally agree. And it's the same for dudes too. You see, the problem with extremely beautiful people, is that THEY KNOW IT. And because they know they're hot, they don't really have to work on the personality. They know people are still going to want them, regardless of how they behave....

No, not gonna cruxify ya. I totally agree. And it's the same for dudes too. You see, the problem with extremely beautiful people, is that THEY KNOW IT. And because they know they're hot, they don't really have to work on the personality. They know people are still going to want them, regardless of how they behave....

Agreed... but I wonder how much of that gets kinda put onto them. Do folks expect the great looking person to be a snob, or stupid, or whatever? It's kind of reminiscent of that "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" commercial (for a shampoo, I think...). That could become one of those self-fullfilling/self-defeating things. Just a thought... *shrugs*

:lol::lol:

But, he doesn't really want that either....

Nope. That's one of many, many, many, many things he doesn't do/want in the bedroom. I actually find it hard to believe that he's even been with someone in that capacity; the list of things he won't do is longer than the list of things he will. What's the female going to get out of it?

I must have given the wrong impression. I don't feel bad about myself or hate myself. I just hate the imperfections that i have. Someone was saying you have to love yourself. I am just saying i could never love my imperfections.

"It rubs the lotion all over itself..."

Is that you?

I'm pretty re-married myself.

:lol:

In fact, I know I answered this thread previously as "happily divorced". Wasn't trollin', just was reveling in the fact that I got rid of one large mistake on my part. I was a bit buzzed too... :blush:

But I got it right this time. :D

In fact, I know I answered this thread previously as "happily divorced". Wasn't trollin', just was reveling in the fact that I got rid of one large mistake on my part. I was a bit buzzed too... :blush:

But I got it right this time. :D

I almost made the first mistake 30 years ago but I caught her before It was too late. :wacko:

Took me 8 years to commit to my better half "Once bitten twice shy"

I almost made the first mistake 30 years ago but I caught her before It was too late. :wacko:

Took me 8 years to commit to my better half "Once bitten twice shy"

I know what you mean, man. My ex just wanted a child and the accompanying meal ticket. And I was weak. Oh, she wasn't that evil, other than being a nag. And a money hound. :lol:

I'm glad I do have my daughter from that deal, she's a great girl. And my best friend to boot. But other than that...ugh

ya know i love ilove my ole lady got a marriage licesense the other day but im scarred to death her credit card fetish is gonna tear us apart there are so many things that are perfect with us it just kinda hurts to think one stupid as fuck thing could tear us apart, just wanted ton vent thanx for listening!! :mellow:

Archived