Relationship Status Update

Hotplant

There's nothing to explain...nothing you would understand in any case because it's not about logic. Unfortunately (for you) you got to experience it. If you love a person, they look good and taste good and there's nothing embarrassing or disgusting about them - or about you - and it's got nothing to do with beauty standards or with what's "proper" and "decent".

And unfortunately, handing out your phone number to the unsuspecting female population is the first step for you to get there. :D

I think you are making love out to better than it actually is.

I will try it. But my buddies say they don't think handing my number out will work because most women will not call and ask the guy out.

That's all great, except Spats claims he has no problem with self-confidence or self-esteem. Right Spats?

A person will not think they are going to be successful at something if their track record proves that. I have tons of evidence that shows my approaching will fail (my looks, past track record etc) and little to no evidence that it will succeed. I am confident of that. Where is my lack of self confidence?

There's nothing to explain...nothing you would understand in any case because it's not about logic. Unfortunately (for you) you got to experience it. If you love a person, they look good and taste good and there's nothing embarrassing or disgusting about them - or about you - and it's got nothing to do with beauty standards or with what's "proper" and "decent"

Sometimes. LOL I don't like it when there's farting and burping and nose picking involved. :D

A person will not think they are going to be successful at something if their track record proves that. I have tons of evidence that shows my approaching will fail (my looks, past track record etc) and little to no evidence that it will succeed. I am confident of that. Where is my lack of self confidence?

Take Gainsbarre's quote below, to which you said "Amen!", but you claim to have no problems with self-confidence, so it seems contradictory.

"Your self-esteem gets battered about too many times that you just can't pull a shitload of self-confidence out of your ass and swagger up to somebody and say "yeah baby here's my number". It's total bullshit."

Oh, and Gainsbarre, it's very nice to stick up for Spats against us "idiots", but being as new as you are, you're not as familiar with the saga of Spats. This has been going on for a LONG time, and the more you learn about his attitudes and outlook on life, the more likely it is that you'll be right there with us.

Sometimes. LOL I don't like it when there's farting and burping and nose picking involved. :D

Yeah, but that's voluntary/intentional behaviour not the person as such, know what I mean?

Like normally if I hear/see somebody throw up it makes me physically sick. It's one of the most disgusting things for me. The bf was in a pretty bad way last month and I didn't mind being there and taking care of him...at all. It's like when a toddler's got saliva dribble down their chin and you see their parent wipe it away with their hand and you go all "ewwwww - that's fuckin' disgusting ....how can they do that?"....They can do it because it doesn't even take an effort...It's love. It may be disgusting for everybody else, but for the persons involved it isn't. :)

Let's see that Mug!

Maybe you should move to Mississippi, I've seen some butt ugly dudes there with some hot mama's.

No offense to anyone from Mississippi just something I had taken note of.

Take Gainsbarre's quote below, to which you said "Amen!", but you claim to have no problems with self-confidence, so it seems contradictory.

"Your self-esteem gets battered about too many times that you just can't pull a shitload of self-confidence out of your ass and swagger up to somebody and say "yeah baby here's my number". It's total bullshit."

I wasn't zeroing on exact quotes. It's not lack of self confidence with me.

Just because i don't like my looks does not make that lack of self confidence. I just wish i was better looking. Does a person with self confidence find themselves great looking?

If i listed my record of approaching, you would think it would not work for me either. You would agree with me Matt.

Spats, you will die alone and miserable and crying into one of your 20 cats. You will never know the joy that comes from waking up next to the same person every day, sharing your lives, hopes, dreams and ambitions with them or seeing your children grow and mature and become adults with families of their own.

And that makes me profoundly sad.

If i listed my record of approaching, you would think it would not work for me either. You would agree with me Matt.

I don't know how many freaking times we have to go in circles about this, but you've had chances that didn't involve approaching in a bar, and you fucked those up. So that's beside the point.

I don't know how many freaking times we have to go in circles about this, but you've had chances that didn't involve approaching in a bar, and you fucked those up. So that's beside the point.

I was just referring to approaching.

Spats, you will die alone and miserable and crying into one of your 20 cats. You will never know the joy that comes from waking up next to the same person every day, sharing your lives, hopes, dreams and ambitions with them or seeing your children grow and mature and become adults with families of their own.

And that makes me profoundly sad.

Why does that make you sad? It's not something i am hoping for.

I don't need all of that to be happy. I would just settle for a pretty girlfriend to hang out with. Whatever rows one's boat i guess. Although my mother won't be happy to hear that she is never gonna be a grandmother.

And i i have some buddies who are married and are waking up next to the same woman day after day and have kids and i don't see the joy on their faces.

Sorry Peppermint!

I'm feeling super single lately. I don't know why. Had a semi-date thing last week....it went really well. He just today EMAILED me asking "how's the job hunting going?" The date was last Tuesday night. Lame.

I have waited that long to contact a woman. Don't worry about it.

Correction, it was lame and therefore she should be annoyed. A fucking email? Classless. You don't wait a week after a date to contact said person you dated, and you sure as shit don't email them.

WTF do you know anyway, dearie? The last orgasm you had came courtesy of your right hand. You're in no position to be dispensing relationship advice, nor telling people that something that shouldn't happen, should have happened. Seriously.

Correction, it was lame and therefore she should be annoyed. A fucking email? Classless. You don't wait a week after a date to contact said person you dated, and you sure as shit don't email them.

WTF do you know anyway, dearie? The last orgasm you had came courtesy of your right hand. You're in no position to be dispensing relationship advice, nor telling people that something that shouldn't happen, should have happened. Seriously.

This guy for certain should have some experience under his belt (literally) and therefore I am annoyed. A grown man shouldn't do this, this is the behavior of someone without experience.

This guy for certain should have some experience under his belt (literally) and therefore I am annoyed. A grown man shouldn't do this, this is the behavior of someone without experience.

What's the matter with these guys today? Don't they know how to text. :o:rolleyes::D

These views are too old fashioned. What is wrong with a week? If a woman is impatient with how long it's taking for him to call then she should call him.

Did you consider calling him during this time?

Archived