Relationship Status Update

Hotplant

I usually jut hit quote and edit out what I don't want. If you want to do it multiple times, you put each section you want in brackets. You know, like this [ q u o t e ] and then [ / q u o t e ] without the spaces. If you want to respond to multiple posts, hit the "quote" button at the bottom of the posts and then hit "post reply" when you've got everyone's quotes that you want to work with. If you want to cut out HUGE hucnks of a post put an elipses (or a ...) in where you cut words.

Thanks i will give it a try? :D

Here's the deal A bird in Hand is worth two in the bush.

I'll break it down it is easier to meet girls if you find them interesting. The ones you didn't find interesting were. You just can't read a sitituation. You are a poor judge of yourself. When you find that all women are interesting then they will find you interesting. Too many guys are trying to impress the girls. They are not interested in what you think they are.

You need to

Listen

Just listen to them. THey won't steer you wrong. They mess with your head. They don't play games as you call it.. They just want you to

Hear

them , The clues they are giving you, The advice they are giving you and the direction their lives are going.

Take a break from your own fragile ego and Listen to what the ladies are telling you.

That's is why they get so disappointed in men because we don't listen to them

-What do you mean i can't read a situation and i am not a good judge of myself?

-So the girls i had no interest in who liked me were interesting but i was clueless to it? Maybe they were but i was not physically attracted to them. How is that my mistake?

Do i find ALL women interesting? No. Just some. I don't think anyboody finds EVERYONE interesting. I am not looking for ALL women to find me interesting. Just some.

Guys have tried to impress girls since forever and girls have led them to believe that it is supposed to be that way. Women are not interested in what we think they are? Please elaborate. They are not interested in looks, money? what? I have evidence to prove you wrong if that's what you meant.

Women steer guys wrong all the time. They say they want something but they end up with something else. They say they want a nice guy and they end up with a smooth talking A-hole. Just an example. So to say to just listen to them just doesn't work if the woman does not know what she wants. And they should not be giving clues to anything. They should just be honest. Or else it's just game playing.

If i have misunderstood what you meant then let me know.

What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results.

So I don't know who's more insane here; you or the rest of us.

BTW, if my best friend or my sister were getting married and my boyfriend flat-out refused to go with me, I would dump him on the fucking spot. An important day in my life, something that means a lot to me and you can't be bothered to go for some dumb reason like "I don't like weddings"? Get lost and don't come back.

What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results.

The answer is:

C) All the above.

I'm one of those dummies who have a soft spot for the pitiful. I can't help myself. :blush:

The same thing happened to me. And in fact you can often find youself in a position whereby you're only interested in girls that aren't interested in you, and if a girl is interested in you, then you're not interested in her.

That's a fully recognised, and common, issue. Actually Stephen Sondheim wrote a song about it in his 1971 Broadway musical "Follies". It was called Buddy's Blues and it went:

"Ive got those God-why-don't-you-love-me-oh-you-do-I'll-see-you-later Blues.

That long as you ignore me you're the only thing that matters feeling..."

And it's a situation that affects a lot of people who have suffered rejection in their life or people with low self-esteem. Because your life has been about trying to chase love and approval off people, you cannot respect someone who's willing to just love you for who you are, because what the fuck is wrong with them if they're willing to say yes to me??? How can you respect someone who actually loves you?

And there's a distinction between your own self-esteem and your perceived self-esteem. Spats may have a huge ego about how he's the best person on the planet, HOWEVER, he may have terrible confidence in how other people perceive him. He may have confidence in himself, yet may actually believe that everybody else doesnt.

That happened to me in school and it still happens to me these days sometimes. It's very very frustrating. The planets just do not align. A woman i am interested in is not interested in me but a girl I have no interest is interested in me. It's just so annoying.

I have just attributed it to lack of physical attraction though.

That happened to me in school and it still happens to me these days sometimes. It's very very frustrating. The planets just do not align. A woman i am interested in is not interested in me but a girl I have no interest is interested in me. It's just so annoying.

I have just attributed it to lack of physical attraction though.

Exactly so just be happy with what you got ! and you will be a virgin in about 1 year I think. Then things might look a bit different.

Spats, you ever watch that episode of Seinfeld where his friend George was umm

like you, couldn't get a date. So someone suggested everything that he does isn't working just do the opposite. Try that! :D

Yes stop trying and good things happen, or bad things stop happening

BTW, if my best friend or my sister were getting married and my boyfriend flat-out refused to go with me, I would dump him on the fucking spot. An important day in my life, something that means a lot to me and you can't be bothered to go for some dumb reason like "I don't like weddings"? Get lost and don't come back.

So my response to him was just not good or correct?

But why would you need him to go though? Why would going alone be so horrible? If a girlfriend i had did not want to go somewhere with me i wouldn't be pissed. I would rather she not go if her heart was not into it because I would be able to tell. Would you want him along if he was not going to enjoy himself?

Spats, you ever watch that episode of Seinfeld where his friend George was umm

like you, couldn't get a date. So someone suggested everything that he does isn't working just do the opposite. Try that! :D

That's funny you should mention that because a buddy jokingly suggested i do that. :D That stuff just happens on tv though.

That's my point!

Exactly my point!!!!

If I had a good date, and I knew the other person was also excited about it, I wouldn't hesitate to call if I knew it was a sure thing.

If I wasn't too sure, I may wait...it all has to do with the actual person, I guess.

I'd be freakin' thrilled to hear my phone ring the same night of a date--even if it was a not-so-hot date! Just to know that the guy was that excited that I had gone out with him that night!

Well i didn't appreciate her call the same night. She should have just played it cool. The date wasn't THAT good. And i doubt i gave her the impression it was sure thing.

But why would you need him to go though? Why would going alone be so horrible? If a girlfriend i had did not want to go somewhere with me i wouldn't be pissed. I would rather she not go if her heart was not into it because I would be able to tell. Would you want him along if he was not going to enjoy himself?

Because if you're the man in my life, you should want to be there for important things in my life, no questions asked. If a close friend of my boyfriend or his brother were getting married, I would absolutely go with him. That shows I care about him and the things that happen in his life, even though we're not married yet ourselves. It doesn't matter if I'm fond of weddings or not. I love you, so I'll go to this event that matters to you. I expect the same from someone I'm dating.

I can't believe this needs to be explained to you. Actually, yes I can.

Just on a related note ... I always wondered what ole Petula Clark was getting at with this going "Downtown" business. I had suspected that she was inviting people to her city's urban core for a good time.

How naive of me.

41YYJP397NL._AA240_.jpg

When you're alone, and life is making you lonely

You can always go -- Downtown

And you may find somebody kind to help and understand you;

Someone who is just like you and needs a gentle hand to

Guide them along...

So maybe I'll see you there,

We can forget all our troubles; forget all our cares, and go

Downtown -- things will be great when you're

Downtown -- don't wait a minute more

Downtown -- everything's waiting for you...

:unsure:

Yes, that song does sound dirty when you really think about it. :D

Nope, you shouldn't expect a call from Spats for a week or more. It's against the "rules", and one can't seem desperate. Of course, Spats felt the New Year's Eve girl was playing games, and he hated that. So figure that double-standard out...

Dude, i have called too soon back in the day and got burned. I don't want that to happen again. I am just going from experience. I thinks it's best to play it cool then to seem to eager.

Because if you're the man in my life, you should want to be there for important things in my life, no questions asked. If a close friend of my boyfriend or his brother were getting married, I would absolutely go with him. That shows I care about him and the things that happen in his life, even though we're not married yet ourselves. It doesn't matter if I'm fond of weddings or not. I love you, so I'll go to this event that matters to you. I expect the same from someone I'm dating.

I can't believe this needs to be explained to you. Actually, yes I can.

Fine. I am different. It would not bother me if a girlfriend did not want to go. She could do what she wanted.

Archived