Relationship Status Update

Hotplant

:rolleyes:

I live with my boyfriend, and we've lived together for almost four years. We've been together for almost seven years. By the time we moved in together, we knew each other so well that we already knew what we did and didn't like about each other. Granted--we were forced to deal with it in a different manner than if we didn't live together, but we KNEW each other beforehand. I knew his cluster-fuck messiness would drive me crazy, he knew that my orderly neatness would drive him crazy...slowly, after four years of cohabitation, we've learned how to deal with things that drive us crazy about the other. It's a matter of picking your battles. what is really worth bitching and moaning and complaining about? Something that a person can't change (like personality quirks and who they are) or their actions? I find very few things that my boyfriend does that irritates me bad enough to fight over. Why even try unless it's something that REALLY matters? (BTW--things that really matter to me are respect and honesty. If there is a violation in those things, expect an all-out brawl...and I bite and pull hair! )

Thats where I lose it and why this last one went over the top and far away. I cant stand someone to lie to me. If you lie you hit both birds with one stone, you lie ITS DISRESPECTFUL

Lying violates trust...which is a HUGE thing. If you don't trust someone, don't even bother getting serious with them.

A woman once gave me a "Lewinsky" on the first date. And I figured, wow this is really cool... Because this woman enjoys giving me pleasure without attaching any specific demands or expectations along with this simple unselfish act.

So I married her.

WHAT A FUCKING LIE THAT WAS!

Unless the person fucks animals, kills children or boils puppies, I can't imagine something so horrendous that you can't live with them and therefore must break up with them. My parents have been married 36 years on Tuesday, and they both do things the other person isn't fond of, but they get over it.

Well, I can tell you that sometimes things DO get so awful that you have to break up. My husband and I somehow managed to be married for 13 years... and there is no question in my mind (or his) that we needed to split up. If we hadn't, I'm pretty sure that one or both of us would be dead by now... and I'm not exaggerating to make a point.

I'm also pretty sure that neither of us fucks animals, kills children, or boils puppies. Sometimes people do have to break up when it's not due to a lack of trying to work it out or getting over it. Sometimes, it has to happen despite all that.

Well, I can tell you that sometimes things DO get so awful that you have to break up. My husband and I somehow managed to be married for 13 years... and there is no question in my mind (or his) that we needed to split up. If we hadn't, I'm pretty sure that one or both of us would be dead by now... and I'm not exaggerating to make a point.

I'm also pretty sure that neither of us fucks animals, kills children, or boils puppies. Sometimes people do have to break up when it's not due to a lack of trying to work it out or getting over it. Sometimes, it has to happen despite all that.

But I'm sure that one would probably stick with a guy who only fondles animals, beats children and eats puppies raw.

In fact I'm almost certain of it.

:lol:

I'm single... pretty much always. I have four brothers so I always get stuck in the "one of the guys" group when it comes to guys. I just get along with them too well.

Currently I'm all stuck on this guy I've worked with for a while who's getting this married this summer, too. Pretty much sucks. We're really friendly, he's always so nice to me, he always laughs at my stupid jokes, whenever I'm visibly upset (which is really not all that often) he always notices and asks if I'm alright in a really tender way, and we work together ALL THE TIME. I can't get away from his sweetness. Pretty much sucks. His fiancee is also pretty possessive and I think he deserves someone nicer, even if it's not me.

A woman once gave me a "Lewinsky" on the first date. And I figured, wow this is really cool... Because this woman enjoys giving me pleasure without attaching any specific demands or expectations along with this simple unselfish act.

So I married her.

WHAT A FUCKING LIE THAT WAS!

:o

:hysterical::hysterical:

Beautiful, MSG.

I can relate. ;)

Thank you, brspled. You know, now when I look at my words here, they don't even begin to cover it...

I thought you would. ;)

You are very blessed, MSG. :)

I am. Over 29 years and not a day has passed that I haven't reminded myself of how very blessed I am.

It's really touching reading about so many of you being so happy with your partners :)I hear so many people married and all they do is complain. It's nice to hear this.

I remember going to my husband's office and introducing myself to one of his co-workers. The man said to me, "Oh, you're his wife. I've always wanted to meet you because he's the only guy here who has never complained about his wife." I couldn't have been paid a nicer compliment.

To my sweetie... :wub: :wub: :wub::kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

I remember going to my husband's office and introducing myself to one of his co-workers. The man said to me, "Oh, you're his wife. I've always wanted to meet you because he's the only guy here who has never complained about his wife." I couldn't have been paid a nicer compliment.

To my sweetie... :wub: :wub: :wub::kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

What a lovely compliment indeed :wub:

It truly was. :wub:

It was only after I came down from cloud nine that I wondered what it must have been like to be one of the other wives. :(

I was thinking the same thing :( Some of the people I work with do nothing but complain about their partners and it's depressing which is why I was so happy to read the posts here where people were genuinely happy to be married :)

I was thinking the same thing :( Some of the people I work with do nothing but complain about their partners and it's depressing which is why I was so happy to read the posts here where people were genuinely happy to be married :)

It is depressing. I honestly don't understand why people who are truly unhappy feel the need to stay together. Life is too short...There are many great stories of love and happiness on this thread. :)

It is depressing. I honestly don't understand why people who are truly unhappy feel the need to stay together. Life is too short...There are many great stories of love and happiness on this thread. :)

The anwer to that question is more complicated than it appears. Great question though.

1. Some people dont know what they want.

2. Some people are used to getting everything they want. This is where the confusion sets in.

You gotta know whats' in your heart...I say follow your heart because your head will confuse the hell out of you. It's full of left over junk and impressions from all around you. Especially others. Your heart is what you truly feel.

Shad :unsure: w

Thank you, brspled. You know, now when I look at my words here, they don't even begin to cover it...

I thought you would. ;)

I am. Over 29 years and not a day has passed that I haven't reminded myself of how very blessed I am.

To my sweetie... :wub::wub::wub::kiss::kiss::kiss:

That is awesome.

I complain too much now-a-days. I am unhappy with my situation...as in my busy, busy, run, run, work, school, work, school, sleep, school, work, sleep schedule. I'm always tired, and when I 'm really tired, I cry and complain a lot. So Dave's been a topic of my complaints even though he shouldn't be. (I'm not unhappy with him...just everything else it seems...) People sometimes misdirect their bitching and moaning and groaning.

Archived