Jason Bonham tour?

elfinjones

It's a great song off a great album. One that I fear I have paid too little attention to as of late. I honestly think it hasn't received the credit it deserves.

OMG. Jason played on Pix @ 11 demos? No wonder all the rumors. This brings back memories for me. I thought these were myths, debunked one by one throughout the 80's, starting with the inevitable Dec 4th 1980 press release. And what do you know. Plant was jamming with Jase in 1981. Oh to be a fly on the wall.

About the last couple of years..

I wish to Gods Jason would quit rolling with that LA glam crowd. It's not good for the roots. It's not good for drum strategy. When is the last time you saw Plant with MTV hair tossers? HE is about the roots. It's more sustainable. I'd love to see Jason play live. I'm hoping he tries some other formats. Ever onward.

OMG. Jason played on Pix @ 11 demos? No wonder all the rumors. This brings back memories for me. I thought these were myths, debunked one by one throughout the 80's, starting with the inevitable Dec 4th 1980 press release. And what do you know. Plant was jamming with Jase in 1981. Oh to be a fly on the wall.

As he said from the stage, Jason did play on 'Pictures At Eleven' demos at Robert's home studio (circa September 1981). On Dec 31st 1981 he joined Robert for a complete Honeydrippers performance at JBs in Dudley, with Pat Bonham in attendance. Jason has also said the following year Robert called to ask if he was available to drum on sessions for his second solo album (Barriemore Barlow was no longer his drummer by then) and this he did for "25 quid per day plus snacks and lager". (Source: Jason Bonham interview published in Sept 1992 issue of 'Rhythm').

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Zh4Ke0GQaMg

"Like I've Never Been Gone"

Jason Bonham 10/30/09 - The Canyon - Agoura Hills, CA

Here's some press coverage published the day of the show:

Ventura County Star

October 30, 2009

Jason Bonham will drum up memories of his dad — the late, great Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham — when he leads his band in a concert packed with Zeppelin classics tonight in Agoura Hills.

The younger Bonham, a drummer just like his father, has regrouped his band, simply dubbed Bonham, for a fall tour, the group’s first road outing in a number of years. The lineup will include Ian Hatton and Tony Catania on guitar, Francesco Dicosmo on bass and keyboards, and a triple shot of singers: Bonham’s sister, Zoe, who’ll wail away on the Zeppelin classic “Black Dog”; Franky Perez, who’ll tackle Zepp’s “Immigrant Song,” “Gallow’s Pole” and “Kashmir”; and Doug Henthorne, who’ll sing T. Rex’s “20th Century Boy” and Zepp’s “Dancing Days.”

Bonham will perform at 9 tonight at The Canyon, 28912 Roadside Drive, Agoura Hills. Tickets are $28.50. Call 818-879-5016. Bonham’s Web site is http://www.jasonbonham.net.

JASON BONHAM Comments On Concert Cancellations - Oct. 16, 2009

The first three shows on drummer Jason Bonham's "An Evening With Jason Bonham" mini-tour have been cancelled due to singer Kelly Keeling falling ill:

Oct. 14 - Revolution Live - Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Oct. 15 - House of Blues - Orlando, FL

Oct. 16 - State Theatre - St. Petersburg, FL

Commented Bonham: "I feel so bad for everyone that turned up and didn't know but we wanted to give Kelly all the time he needed to make sure he could or couldn't sing. We all have worked so hard the past week. I can only say it will only make it better. I hope we can be real ready for California in two weeks."

Remaining "An Evening With Jason Bonham" dates:

Oct. 29 - Coach House - San Juan Capistrano, CA

Oct. 30 - The Canyon - Agoura Hills, CA

In addition to Keeling, Bonham's backing band includes bassist Francesco DiCosmo alongside guitarists Ian Hatton and Tony Catania.

Bonham was interviewed this past Monday morning (October 12) on the "Mark And Brian" show on the Southern California rock station 95.5 KLOS.

Archived