Jan 31, 1969 Video

Detigers09

I've been out of the Zeppelin loop for a bit now, and I just popped in to listen/watch some of the videos on the site. I ended up stumbling across this 8mm footage of the boys live on their first American tour at the Filmore?? When did this footage come out? This is golden, groundbreaking! Why would anyone be taping some random band who happened to be opening for Iron Butterfly?

Why would anyone be taping some random band who happened to be opening for Iron Butterfly?

Jimmy had already begun to develop a following during his stint with The Yardbirds. The month prior San Francisco-based Rolling Stone magazine did report Led Zeppelin's signing to Atlantic Records. Bill Graham had many of the gigs he promoted filmed and those are steadily being released thru Wolfgang's Vault.

Jimmy had already begun to develop a following during his stint with The Yardbirds. The month prior San Francisco-based Rolling Stone magazine did report Led Zeppelin's signing to Atlantic Records. Bill Graham had many of the gigs he promoted filmed and those are steadily being released thru Wolfgang's Vault.

Do you have any information on whether or not the 23/7/77 or the 24/7/77 gigs were filmed?

Do you have any information on whether or not the 23/7/77 or the 24/7/77 gigs were filmed?

Have seen no evidence to suggest Bill Graham had those particular shows filmed. I have probably seen a couple

hundred photographs taken that weekend and there is nothing in them to suggest a camera crew in the vicinity of the stage. Audience video recordings do exisit: http://ledzeppelin.com/video/oakland-7-23-77

Have seen no evidence to suggest Bill Graham had those particular shows filmed. I have probably seen a couple

hundred photographs taken that weekend and there is nothing in them to suggest a camera crew in the vicinity of the stage. Audience video recordings do exisit: http://ledzeppelin.com/video/oakland-7-23-77

Yeah I have seen a huge amount of photos as well. It really is a bummer that the band didn't have anything planned for a filming of that tour, it was one of epic proportions. Who knows, maybe Jimmy has but he is embarrassed (for want of a better word) of what he was during those years?

Archived