2009 MTV VMA's

Roxie

Good Morning:

I started to watch the show...saw the MJ tribute...Madonna's silioquay/tribute.....then turned it off...the white wine not the show put me out!!!! Yummmmy...it was so goood....

ANYHOW...This am I saw the report of Kanye's behavior....I thought Taylor Swift was a country artist. I don't think she should have been there in the first place...that does not excuse Kanye's behavior....

He is on the Jay Leno show tonight with Rihanna and Jay Z. To watch or not to watch?....ooops I feel a silioquay coming one...better stop now...

Juliet going for :coffee:

I thought Taylor Swift was a country artist. I don't think she should have been there in the first place...

Why is that? Country music is real music, certainly moreso than rap. MTV stands for "Music Television" doesn't it? If anyone shouldn't have been there, it was Kanye West. He can't sing and basically has no discernible musical talent. He is a bum who talks in rhymes.

Why is that? Country music is real music, certainly moreso than rap. MTV stands for "Music Television" doesn't it? If anyone shouldn't have been there, it was Kanye West. He can't sing and basically has no discernible musical talent. He is a bum who talks in rhymes.

Um...music is music. One style of music cannot be more musical than another style of music. Thats just stupid.

I thought Taylor Swift was a country artist. I don't think she should have been there in the first place...that does not excuse Kanye's behavior....

I think Taylor Swift is more of a cross-over artist and is really more mainstream. I was glad she won, and judging by her initial reaction when her name was called, she was more surprised than anyone else.

Um...music is music. One style of music cannot be more musical than another style of music. Thats just stupid.

I'm sorry but you're being stupid thinking that all music is created equal. When you don't play an instrument, can't sing, and have to directly sample the recordings of real musicians that is an inferior form of music.

I'm sorry but you're being stupid thinking that all music is created equal. When you don't play an instrument, can't sing, and have to directly sample the recordings of real musicians that is an inferior form of music.

First off, Most rappers can sing. Some don't, but most do.

Second, it doesn't matter if one can play an instrument. That has nothing to do with musical ability. It helps, but is not required.

Third, most of the time, people in the hip-hop/rap/R&B genres hire real musicians to play real music. You're just not actually listening to them to notice I guess.

And last but certainly not least, rap is no less musical than death metal is, which is no less musical then hard rock is, which is no less musical than Mozart or Beethoven were.

Duh

First off, Most rappers can sing. Some don't, but most do.

Second, it doesn't matter if one can play an instrument. That has nothing to do with musical ability. It helps, but is not required.

Third, most of the time, people in the hip-hop/rap/R&B genres hire real musicians to play real music. You're just not actually listening to them to notice I guess.

And last but certainly not least, rap is no less musical than death metal is, which is no less musical then hard rock is, which is no less musical than Mozart or Beethoven were.

Duh

Yes, I suppose they can sing....quite badly too.

And yes, rap is certainly less musical than Mozart....hell it's a lot less musical than death metal.

I thought Taylor Swift was a country artist. I don't think she should have been there in the first place...

Juliet going for :coffee:

Taylor Swift is very much in the pop genre anymore - most young girls who don't like country LOVE her music and I do respect her message and image she projects. That is a breath of fresh air for MTV for sure!

Why are you referring to yourself in the 3rd person anyway? :blink:

Look, I'm no techie by any means, but, isn't there a 7 second delay at these things? And, couldn't someone have shut the mic down, or, at the very least, played that annoying music they play when the speech gets too long??

Kanye should be shunned. I thought Beyonce's reaction was a little too giddy..not shock, IMHO.

I'm glad that I live in this country (and there are others like it) where we can have an open forum about thing's as this with all the pro's and con's of any topic.

While the different type's of music today are about the one's who created them, some form's of music I like more than others but, it's up to who is listing to that music to decide if it's going to be viable or not.

I myself like the Classic's most because I was raised with them, but I will still dig some country, POP and old music from time's before the 1960's and 1970's Classic rock I love so much.

I don't live the Thug Rap life so I don't really get into that music but some stuff from after the Classic rock era is good to.

I don't think it's good to glorify any kind of improper behavior, but, the entertainment industry (on the whole) look's at what will sell so, they care little about thing's as this to a certain extent.

Edit: I did not watched the MTV award's this year and don't watch that much TV at all, so I can't comment on what happened on this show.

MTV used to about music (some years ago) but it's now all about reality show's now. It's not all that bad but I don't watch those type's of show's on a regular basics so it's just not that entertaining to me.

Taylor Swift is very much in the pop genre anymore - most young girls who don't like country LOVE her music and I do respect her message and image she projects. That is a breath of fresh air for MTV for sure!

Why are you referring to yourself in the 3rd person anyway? :blink:

Hi Walter:

Thanks for your reply...Taylor does get alot of attention in the country, as well as, pop genre...perhaps a bit too much for her age..

Excuse me for my self-indulgent 3rd person silliness this am..I should have just signed off like this

Juliet :coffee:

PS Less than six hours until Jay Leno show....I wonder if Kanye has been deleted from the musical guest list???

Maybe so, Marmalade. Otherwise, I don't understand why they let him up there in the first place - it's not like this is the first time he's done that. Either way, I blame MTV's lack of security as much as Kanye (and that other douche that said, "You can't blame a man for speaking his mind." Um, well, yeah, IF IT'S YOUR TURN TO TALK, JACKASS).

Kanye's "outburst" was scripted. Notice how every year there's some sort of controversy at the VMA's? Last year it was Eminem and that guy from Bruno, and the year before that Kid Rock punched Tommy Lee.

I seriously doubt it. See, Kanye is KNOWN for pulling exactly this kind of shit. Also, the Eminem thing was clearly staged and they even said so later on. I really dont think Taylor Swift was aware Kanye would pull that shit.

Archived