Police can now draw blood from DUI suspects without consent

manderlyh

If assholes did not choose to drive drunk, then there would be no need to go to these lengths. To me, the real issue is "Why does one choose to drive drunk?"

One has not driven drunk until it is proven one has driven drunk. And assaulting someone before it has been proven still does not bode well with this law.

If that's what it is?

1. Policemen are not trained to draw blood...

2. You have not driven drunk until it has been proven in a court of law. NOT along a dark roadside with someone jabbing sharp objects at you because they have a dick complex.

This is like saying well you can assault someone and they are automatically guilty...

Breath tests and urine tests will give results too. They are looking for AIDS and anything they wish with a blood test. Which is an invasion of privacy. Well along with assault.

Because they're idiots who have less than a teaspoon full of gray matter rattling around in their empty, arid skulls? That might be a good guess. Like I said, drunk drivers are right up there with murderers and child rapists on my "People I'd Like To See Disemboweled With Fishing Knives" list.

Good thing you're not an attorney. Read your Bill Of Rights and Constitution....or perhaps they differ from everyone else's ;)

They are there to protect everyone, including knife wielding psychotics.

Good thing you're not an attorney. Read your Bill Of Rights and Constitution....or perhaps they differ from everyone else's ;)

They are there to protect everyone, including knife wielding psychotics.

Excuse you. I never said I agreed with this. I've said that about two or three different times now. Just because I can't stand drunk drivers doesn't mean I think cops should start jabbing at them with needles while on the road. Follow along.

Excuse you. I never said I agreed with this. I've said that about two or three different times now. Just because I can't stand drunk drivers doesn't mean I think cops should start jabbing at them with needles while on the road. Follow along.

I am you are cutting peoples intestines out last I remember..

Point being everyone's rights are the same until you have been tried.

Naturally I know you were blowing your horn on dissecting someone for fun.

Just because I said I think they should be disemboweled with fishing knives doesn't mean that one, I'd be doing it or that two, it should happen before they've been proven guilty of it.

Just slightly below drunk drivers are people who defend drunk drivers and people who say they've driven after having a few drinks and nothing happened, so therefore it's okay.

Because they're idiots who have less than a teaspoon full of gray matter rattling around in their empty, arid skulls? That might be a good guess. Like I said, drunk drivers are right up there with murderers and child rapists on my "People I'd Like To See Disemboweled With Fishing Knives" list.

Jeez, cut to the chase already :lol: Sorry Liz ! I actually happen to agree with your position on this. I don't buy cops drawing blood but I sincerely do think that the punishments for DUI should be much stiffer than they are. If the judges of the world did their due diligence, then this wouldn't be an issue at all.If your out and your gonna drink, take a wheel man or ride the bus. Simple call....make it !

I don't buy cops drawing blood but I sincerely do think that the punishments for DUI should be much stiffer than they are.

If I could craft the law, anyone found guilty of a DUI would have their license suspended permanently. No more driving.....ever. Once you make that decision to not only try and kill yourself, but any other poor schlub on the road with you, well you forfeit your privilege to operate a motor vehicle. I'm sure someone here will scream that it's unfair and draconian and unworkable, but it's how I feel. I've lost a friend to a drunk driver, so it's not like my opinion of these people is merely made-up or stems from what I see on TV.

If I could craft the law, anyone found guilty of a DUI would have their license suspended permanently. No more driving.....ever. Once you make that decision to not only try and kill yourself, but any other poor schlub on the road with you, well you forfeit your privilege to operate a motor vehicle. I'm sure someone here will scream that it's unfair and draconian and unworkable, but it's how I feel. I've lost a friend to a drunk driver, so it's not like my opinion of these people is merely made-up or stems from what I see on TV.

It's a question of taking resposability for your actions. In this case, innocent people are at risk and more often than not,they become the victims. Look how many family's have been devestated by the action's of a drunk driver. If my wife or son's were to be involved ina serious or fatal accident because of a drunk driver, they'd have to find a cell for me because the present law's just don't cut it when it comes to anything resembling justice

Well,

Here we use taxis. IMO the mountains are too tall to take a chance driving off. I mean you could run over a squirrels nest or one of our last cougars.

I think I told the story about me having to toss myself off the side of a steep mountain at 2:15am to rescue 4 teens from a smoking car?

No fun....

However I am intelligent enough to know that no matter how many anti drunk driving adverts they saw, and no matter how many times they were warned?

Once they were drunk the only thing that would have stopped them would have been a key grab.

That's done here too, you drop your keys in a basket at party's and people share a cab. We even have a small shuttle that's used at times.

IOW, you can suspend all you wish to....but a key will still fit in the ignition of a car....

I saw where they had this one person here who had been busted something like 400 times.

Still doing it. Well with 10 years in jail for the last one.

She gets out and she will be back in the bars, drinking it up and searching through friends purses for keys.

Chronic drunks don't care Electrophile. That's not an argument with you. All they care about is the next drink and how to get to it.

You know what? You can have a say in the law's here in the USA, it's called writing your congressman or starting/signing a petition to the government.

As MH stated, taking someone's license away will not stop them from driving, and the breathalyzer attached to the ignition of the car will not do it ether (remember the guy who had his kid blow into the thing to get the car to start?).

The fact that one chooses to drive under the influence is something that the law sees as mentally disturbed. That's why you have to go to the driving school and see a mental health councilor if you ever get convicted of driving drunk or under the influence of intoxicants. It's an attempted suicide if you really think about it, and the added risk that is also put to other drivers and even passengers.

The only way to stop this is to ...

A... Take away the intoxicants

B... Take away the vehicles

I don't see this happening so we just have to deal with it.

Archived