FICTION! Led Zeppelin's 2009-10 World Tour

SteveAJones

Your so freaked out you keep coming back to participate.

:rolleyes:

Its not that this topic just isn't my cup of tea or whatever... I think its a huge embarrassment to an Official Led Zeppelin message board. A board that I actually am a part of- well, not a whole lot anymore, largely due to threads like this and people like you. But to more dedicated members who actually try to make this place one of substance, this thread is a total embarrassment and undermines everything that is, or used to be, good about these forums. That's why I "keep coming back" (ha, 2 whole posts up until now, biiig deal) to express my opinion of it.

The lights have gone down and wham blazing out of the speakers, Jennings Farm Blues!

The bloke next to me said, "WTF is this!?"

Wham were blazing out of the speakers! What, Club Tropicana Wham? Or did you miss out a coma somewhere gibberer?

The lights have gone down and wham blazing out of the speakers, Jennings Farm Blues!

The bloke next to me said, "WTF is this!?"

The stage announcer is abot to walk on stage, I wonder who it'll be?

Abot??? WTF is this abot???? Do you mean about?

Check your grammar, you odious gibberer! blink.gifsarcastic_hand.gif

Wham were blazing out of the speakers! What, Club Tropicana Wham? Or did you miss out a coma somewhere gibberer?

Abot??? WTF is this abot???? Do you mean about?

Check your grammar, you odious gibberer! blink.gifsarcastic_hand.gif

It's a SPELLING error, F'WIT!

FICTION

here's the first song of my concert experience

FICTION

OH My God, they opened with Dazed & Confused!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wewu45XSb00

Come on guys. I realise this is your wet dream fantasy but something as straight forward as getting the first song right between you both should be pretty simple. That's unless Deborah J has never heard Carouselambra before? :slapface:

FICTION

Robert introduces the next song, "this is from one of my favourite songwriters!"

What's this?

They launch into Neil Young's Powderfinger!

"Look out mama...."

What happened to this in Steve A Jones’ full concert review?

Damn and blast!!! I was hoping they'd play this too. :hysterical:

FICTION

I'm standing here totally speechless and amazed at what I just witnessed- Led Zeppelin's triumphant return to Madison Square Garden.

I can't believe it's over, it just went too fast!

Heart took the stage about 8:45 and played a great set:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnUmZMwIdv4

And then, after a short intermission, the lights went down again- the moment was now here!

No announcement necessary- the music said it all.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn1R1MoAlW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JybkqBGrVs

Robert, wearing a red silk shirt unbuttoned halfway down as well as a tight pair of black leather pants (yes Deborah J, I saw you looking! :) ), was all smiles as he looked around at the audience.

"Good evening! Good evening! It's so great, to be back here in New York, in the eeeeeveningg!"

After "In The Evening" ended, the lights went out, save for an eerie blue misty spotlight on John Paul Jones at the organ.

At this point, some of the roadies came out and set up some chairs at the front of the stage for their acoustic set:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c5Q-00vbFo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVrfHuihPfo

For the next song, Robert said, " For the final song of our acoustic set, we're going to do a song from the fourth album, that we did with the late, lovely Sandy Denny. But uh, instead of Jonesy doing the vocals, we decided to uh, let him off the hook and... let's welcome Ann Wilson, of Heart!

After "The Battle of Evermore", the roadies cleared the chairs and and John Paul picked up his bass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wewu45XSb00

Then Jimmy, who was wearing a black velvet jacket with silver embellishments similar to the one he wore in TSRTS, picked up his doubleneck guitar & the crowd went wild!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kNEo8OxrT8

Robert then spoke- "Ah, it's great to be back...but uh, I'd like to dedicate this next song, to one of the greatest blokes who ever sat behind a drum kit, my mate John Henry Bonham."

After "Achilles", the band came to the front of the stage, waving & smiling before they disappeared behind the stage. The entire Garden was vibrating with applause and shouts of "more! more!". And as the band came back on stage the cheering just got louder and louder! Jimmy began the riff, and we all stood there mesmerized, like The Edge and Jack White were in "It Might Get Loud":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDLfDzeDG2c

"New York- good night!" Robert said, as he, Jimmy, Jonesy, and Jason again came to the front of the stage, bowing & smiling. "We'll see you again soon!".

(hmmm- I wonder how much Stub Hub wants for tix for tomorrow night's show?)

Come on guys. I realise this is your wet dream fantasy but something as straight forward as getting the first song right between you both should be pretty simple. That's unless Deborah J has never heard Carouselambra before? slapface.gif

If you scroll further back you'll note the disclaimer that concert accounts will vary because each of us experiences an event in our own unique way, particularly when it's all a product of imagination. This should not be a difficult

concept to grasp.

Come on guys. I realise this is your wet dream fantasy but something as straight forward as getting the first song right between you both should be pretty simple. That's unless Deborah J has never heard Carouselambra before? slapface.gif

What happened to this in Steve A Jones' full concert review?

Damn and blast!!! I was hoping they'd play this too. hysterical.gif

Nothing sexual about this mate, get your hand off it!

rolleyes.gif

Its not that this topic just isn't my cup of tea or whatever... I think its a huge embarrassment to an Official Led Zeppelin message board. A board that I actually am a part of- well, not a whole lot anymore, largely due to threads like this and people like you. But to more dedicated members who actually try to make this place one of substance, this thread is a total embarrassment and undermines everything that is, or used to be, good about these forums. That's why I "keep coming back" (ha, 2 whole posts up until now, biiig deal) to express my opinion of it.

This is really just the 21st century equivalent of putting a vinyl bootleg on and letting your imagination take over. I'd bet my bottom dollar the issue here isn't the thread or the topic, it's a few anonymous tosspots trying to take down whom they elect to perceive as the boogeyman. Useful idiots all in playing the role of disenchanted critics who feel left out because these events haven't revolved around them or their opinions, nor will they.

"More dedicated members who actually try to make this place one of substance"...? I'm too understand I am not among them? My contributions here and elsewhere speak for themselves. If you'd like a rundown on breadth and depth you'd better pack a lunch and be prepared to miss today's episode of Song Name Game.

The board itself has no emotion. It's a platform for exchanging ones and zeros. Please don't presume to speak for the board as Rorer74 has twice in this thread presumed to speak for Jimmy. THAT's embarrasing. Speak only for yourself, as I do.

If you scroll further back you'll note the disclaimer that concert accounts will vary because each of us experiences an event in our own unique way, particularly when it's all a product of imagination. This should not be a difficult

concept to grasp.

disclaimer! OMG :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Nothing sexual about this mate, get your hand off it!

WANKER.jpg

Are you a girl????

This is really just the 21st century equivalent of putting a vinyl bootleg on and letting your imagination take over. I'd bet my bottom dollar the issue here isn't the thread or the topic, it's a few anonymous tosspots trying to take down whom they elect to perceive as the boogeyman. Useful idiots all in playing the role of disenchanted critics who feel left out because these events haven't revolved around them or their opinions, nor will they.

"More dedicated members who actually try to make this place one of substance"...? I'm too understand I am not among them? My contributions here and elsewhere speak for themselves. If you'd like a rundown on breadth and depth you'd better pack a lunch and be prepared to miss today's episode of Song Name Game.

The board itself has no emotion. It's a platform for exchanging ones and zeros. Please don't presume to speak for the board as Rorer74 has twice in this thread presumed to speak for Jimmy. THAT's embarrasing. Speak only for yourself, as I do.

I'm just curious why you have to put down the song name game thread - if it's not to your liking, why not just leave it be. You don't like it when your threads are criticised but you feel it's okay to do that to other threads you don't participate in. Seems to me it would work both ways.

FICTION

I'm standing here totally speechless and amazed at what I just witnessed- Led Zeppelin's triumphant return to Madison Square Garden.

FICTION

What a proud moment this must have been for Heart, to open for Led Zeppelin in New York City. It doesn't get any more big time than this! Did you happen to see Cameron Crowe, Nancy's husband, in the crowd? His review

is sure to be a Rolling Stone cover story if he was there on assignment.

Stub Hub laugh.gif

I'm just curious why you have to put down the song name game thread - if it's not to your liking, why not just leave it be. You don't like it when your threads are criticised but you feel it's okay to do that to other threads you don't participate in. Seems to me it would work both ways.

Your mistaken concerning "my threads". First, they're not mine - board content belongs to the band. Secondly,

public criticism of me is well beneath my notice, let alone my concern. I do respond to it on occasion, but more often than not I just use the ignore function. Thirdly, regardless of my opinion of Song Name Game, I don't intrude upon those who do enjoy it thru calculated thread corruption as is the case here. Ultimately, if these tactics continue I imagine you will have the forum you think you deserve or perhaps none at all.

As for this thread it's run its course. Once again the recalcitrants are trying to take over.

It reminds me of a scene in the film 'Talk Radio' where the dj rails about all this technology to communicate yet so few have anything to say. I will say this, I know for a fact one of the forum members - who I normally go at tooth, fang and claw in the political threads - has written a nine page review to contribute to this thread. I for

one am looking forward to it, yet I also know it will be sent to me privately in the event he elects not to share

with the kiddie table.

You mentioned the word recalcitrant:

Recalcitrants: Those resisting authority or control; not obedient or compliant.

Whose authority and control am I not complying with? Help me out on this one because I thought we were in an era of democracy and free speech. Doesn't this apply on the forums of ledzeppelin.com?

I would have used MALCONTENT as done before the last round of bannings, but regardless you will continue to call each other what you'd like in further calculated corruption of established threads.

------------------

The Malcontent is a character type often used in early modern drama. The character is discontent with the social structure and other characters in the play forum. He or she is often an outsider, who observes and offers commentary on the action and may even show awareness that they are in a play forum. Shakespeare's Richard III and Iago in Othello are typical malcontents.

The role is usually both political and dramatic; with the malcontent voicing dissatisfaction with the usually 'Machiavellian' political atmosphere and often using asides to build up a kind of self-consciousness and awareness of the text itself which other characters in the play forum will lack to the same extent.

The most important thing about the malcontent, is that he is malcontent—unhappy, unsettled, displeased with the world forum as he sees it—not at ease with the world forum in which he finds himself, eager to change it somehow, or to dispute with it. He is a quasi-objective voice that comments on the concerns of the play forum and comments as though he is somehow above or beyond them.

I would have used MALCONTENT as done before the last round of bannings, but regardless you will continue to call each other what you'd like in further calculated corruption of established threads.

------------------

The Malcontent is a character type often used in early modern drama. The character is discontent with the social structure and other characters in the play forum. He or she is often an outsider, who observes and offers commentary on the action and may even show awareness that they are in a play forum. Shakespeare's Richard III and Iago in Othello are typical malcontents.

The role is usually both political and dramatic; with the malcontent voicing dissatisfaction with the usually 'Machiavellian' political atmosphere and often using asides to build up a kind of self-consciousness and awareness of the text itself which other characters in the play forum will lack to the same extent.

The most important thing about the malcontent, is that he is malcontent—unhappy, unsettled, displeased with the world forum as he sees it—not at ease with the world forum in which he finds himself, eager to change it somehow, or to dispute with it. He is a quasi-objective voice that comments on the concerns of the play forum and comments as though he is somehow above or beyond them.

Hi Steve :wave: I thought I was on your ignore list???

Nice response, however you forgot to reference it again.

Malcontent-Wikipediathefreeencyclop.jpg

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcontent (Accessed: 27th September 2009)

Hi Steve wave.gif I thought I was on your ignore list???

Nice response, however you forgot to reference it again.

Oh, I didn't forget. Besides, references are a courtesy and I'm scaling way back on what is shared as a courtesy. Anyway, all hail the malcontents in our midst who serve only to remind me and perhaps others what a tedious, fucking waste of time this particular forum can so quickly become.

I will reply to you Reginald and hopefully you will find it as lucid and as intelligent an answer as you could possibly have hoped for.

I don't think I have any problems, although just lately I've been getting some mild headaches. Thank you for asking. My initial post was in response to the way that you found it funny to attack another forum member over certain grammatical errors so it's only fair for others to correct yours. Don't you think that's right? Although you did call me f'wit. laugh.gif

Whose authority and control am I not complying with? Help me out on this one because I thought we were in an era of democracy and free speech. Doesn't this apply on the forums of ledzeppelin.com?

I will reply to you Reginald and hopefully you will find it as lucid and as intelligent an answer as you could possibly have hoped for.

I don't think I have any problems, although just lately I've been getting some mild headaches. Thank you for asking. My initial post was in response to the way that you found it funny to attack another forum member over certain grammatical errors so it's only fair for others to correct yours. Don't you think that's right? Although you did call me f'wit. laugh.gif

Say whatever you want but remeber it goes both ways.

I bet you cut and pasted that from an online dictionary.

As for the headaches try wearing reading glasses!

If you want to insult people expect to be repaid in kind.

I was having a joke with Rorer and if he or she has a problem with it, he or she can take it up with me, none of your business mate.

Say whatever you want but remeber it goes both ways.

I bet you cut and pasted that from an online dictionary.

As for the headaches try wearing reading glasses!

If you want to insult people expect to be repaid in kind.

I was having a joke with Rorer and if he or she has a problem with it, he or she can take it up with me, none of your business mate.

hysterical.gif

I knew it. You are a girl.

hysterical.gif

Archived