FICTION! Led Zeppelin's 2009-10 World Tour

SteveAJones

FICTION

MSG 2nd night event.September 27, 2009- my experience!

7:30 PM- None of us expected this one!

Picture this, the lights come up and spotlight on the Edge. He states welcome New York! This is for Jimmy and the band, smiles and they kick the night off!

Then there was a 20 minute break to reset the stage. Big screens were everywhere with pictures of Zeppelins career. The crowd cheered most of time and the last 5 minutes repeating Zeppelin, Zeppelin. Lights were low, then the boys entered the stage the crowd went crazy with joy..., and it started.

8:20PM-The crowd is in awe....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2NpOEwZfc8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39P9vpH5aCw

That was the best rock and roll blues. Total suprise, but to be here is amazing. next they kicked off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9i2fqxSjTI

Robert said this one 's for Bonzo.And the crowd must to have had 15 thousand lighters, amazing to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdHe2w-w1vg

Then Robert joked that the reason this has been so long was well...

The crowd just exploded.

Then they shifted gears which was amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYpydtdlWxA

They told us Good Night New York. The crowd just would not let up, so 5 minutes later they come back on stage and:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWeDk7QWKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXFUnnoSphY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxXYF3WTwTs

What a night of memories. Being there and seeing all the friends we have made. Quite a night!!!!!!

FACT NOT FICTION - THIS IS WHAT IT REALLY FEELS LIKE TO GO TO A ZEP SHOW. (02 STORIES FROM THE FORUM) SORRY GUYS BUT NO MATEER HOW HARD YOU TRY YOU DON'T COME CLOSE TO THE REAL THING.

Fact Not Fiction

It's been made abundantly clear this thread is intended to be a fictional account of their 2009-2010 World Tour, and some of those "trying so hard" have also attended their fair share of Led Zeppelin concerts over the past forty years.

FICTION

Bono and Robert Plant on the same stage? You'll need a much bigger venue to hold both egos simultaneously.

I thought the setlist was very nicely done and nearly chronological. I'm Gonna Crawl, In The Light and BCW for encores? Hmm. To paraphrase Chris Robinson (Black Crowes), "I was expecting elves, drawves and battleships

and shit".

laugh.gif

FICTION

Bono and Robert Plant on the same stage? You'll need a much bigger venue to hold both egos simultaneously.

I thought the setlist was very nicely done and nearly chronological. I'm Gonna Crawl, In The Light and BCW for encores? Hmm. To paraphrase Chris Robinson (Black Crowes), "I was expecting elves, drawves and battleships

and shit".

laugh.gif

FICTION

City of Green Bay, Wisconsin has entered negotiations with promoter Michael Chol concerning a possible "Ice Fest" at Lambeau Field with Led

Zeppelin headlining the event. Other artists being approached include Metallica, Motley Crue, Guns n Roses and Poison, among others.

zeppelinmus_hindenburg_inferno.jpg

Fact Not Fiction

It's been made abundantly clear this thread is intended to be a fictional account of their 2009-2010 World Tour, and some of those "trying so hard" have also attended their fair share of Led Zeppelin concerts over the past forty years.

So lets hear the factual experiences then Steve, they are always more exciting to hear as lived experiences than fantasies. Most people on the board over the years have wanted to hear them and to try to relive those attendees experiences with them. I know I have even though I was lucky enough to have seen Zep.

Everyone hear fantasises about going to see Led Zeppelin but that's usualy where it ends, not making up the stories.

Ihave no major issues with your little group sharing their fantasies but at least if you are all attending the same shows can't you at least have the same songs played? And for me i dont believe they would have support acts and certainly not tho ones mentioned.In my fantasies it was about seeing led Zeppelin, no one else, like at Knebworth and the 02, I just wanted Led Zeppelin on stage.

I just prefer the reality of the live shows from people, my choice I know and yours is to have this thread.

I will now go off and fantasise about having sex with your date for the shows if thats OK:D ;)

Enjoy the rest of the tour. B)

ledded1, nice post and story, like you I saw them 1973 and 1975 and it forever changed me in regards to music.

We are enjoying this thread and taking our imaginations to the limits. Doesn't hurt to have great dreams:-)

They werent my stories Deborah, juts a couple to illustrate my point.

No problems about having you having the dreams but I would love to hear your lived experiences ( if you haven't already posted them and I haven't seen them) far more than any fantasy as I have said to Steve. We are all anvious of those who saw them and thats what we want to hear B)

I was already changed musically befoe I saw them, I remember the devastating feeling of not getting a ticket for a 71 show and not being picked out in the draw for the 02 but then the feeling of being able to go in the end.

Thats the stuff I ilke to read.

Anyway, you enjoy the reast of your tour too. :)

So lets hear the factual experiences then Steve, they are always more exciting to hear as lived experiences than fantasies. Most people on the board over the years have wanted to hear them and to try to relive those attendees experiences with them. I know I have even though I was lucky enough to have seen Zep.

Everyone hear fantasises about going to see Led Zeppelin but that's usualy where it ends, not making up the stories.

Ihave no major issues with your little group sharing their fantasies but at least if you are all attending the same shows can't you at least have the same songs played? And for me i dont believe they would have support acts and certainly not tho ones mentioned.In my fantasies it was about seeing led Zeppelin, no one else, like at Knebworth and the 02, I just wanted Led Zeppelin on stage.

I just prefer the reality of the live shows from people, my choice I know and yours is to have this thread.

I will now go off and fantasise about having sex with your date for the shows if thats OK:D wink.gif

Enjoy the rest of the tour. cool.gif

Paul, any factual experiences are best shared in other existing or new threads - this thread presents fictional accounts from a fictional tour. We haven't seen setlist similarities because that would entail everyone marching

to the beat of one drum and that is not the intent here. I have addressed this three times now.

This thread necessitates suspending ones own disbelief. Of course Racer X would not open for Led Zeppelin

in Montreal. That isn't the point. The point is it's the concert I wanted to experience that particular night and I presented it here for others to enjoy, ignore, amend, consider, etc. It's not even a fantasy, merely whimsical.

Of course it's perfectly acceptable to simply go off and fantasize about Charmane Star. laugh.gif

Paul, any factual experiences are best shared in other existing or new threads - this thread presents fictional accounts from a fictional tour. We haven't seen setlist similarities because that would entail everyone marching

to the beat of one drum and that is not the intent here. I have addressed this three times now.

This thread necessitates suspending ones own disbelief. Of course Racer X would not open for Led Zeppelin

in Montreal. That isn't the point. The point is it's the concert I wanted to experience that particular night and I presented it here for others to enjoy, ignore, amend, consider, etc. It's not even a fantasy, merely whimsical.

Of course it's perfectly acceptable to simply go off and fantasize about Charmane Star. laugh.gif

Just making a simple point thats all Steve, feel free to carry on (as if you need my permission)

You can have sloppy seconds for Charmane then :D

FICTION

Last nights show was another great time to be had by all. Was late again. Have to remember to turn my watch forward :) . Was in the back rows but glad to be there just the same. Each night presents a new show as the sets are not always the same. Keeps it fresh and the unexpected is exciting. I am happily exhuasted for all this partying and concert overload. Had to hurry and catch a red eye home as the hubby is missing my presence but am making plans for my road trip for the Boston show. Hope to see some of you there.

Realistic sidenotes

I always enjoy reading the real life experiences of those who were lucky enough to see LZ. I sometimes search the back pages of the forum and find those. Have to say I hadn't seen the ones ledded1 has so graciously sent here. I have a bit of envy for those who have those memories as I never did get to see LZ in my concert going days and even as I read the words of real life experiences they most likely cannot convey the excitment and euphoria surrounding actually attending one the those events. So I play the game here to try and get a sense of what it might have been like even though I know it cannot compare to real life.

My brother in law is a computer geek yet loves football so he plays fantasy football. Not that JP will ever relent to releasing Guitar Hero but how many forum members would be first in line for that? One can only dream can't they.

Ledded1, just chalk it up to the effect of "The Zeppelin Syndrome" .... :lol:

It's an incurable disease Rover but not fatal ;)

Coming into the Presence of great Art

Stendhal syndrome, or Florence syndrome, is a psychosomatic illness that causes rapid heartbeat, dizziness, confusion and even hallucinations when an individual is exposed to art, usually when the art is particularly beautiful or a large amount of art is in a single place. The term can also be used to describe a similar reaction to a surfeit of choice in other circumstances, e.g. when confronted with immense beauty in the natural world.

It is named after the famous 19th century French author Stendhal (pseudonym of Henri-Marie Beyle), who described his experience with the phenomenon during his 1817 visit to Florence, Italy in his book Naples and Florence: A Journey from Milan to Reggio.

Although there are many descriptions of people becoming dizzy and fainting while taking in Florentine art, especially at the Uffizi, dating from the early 19th century on, the syndrome was only named in 1979, when it was described by Italian psychiatrist Graziella Magherini, who observed and described more than 100 similar cases among tourists and visitors in Florence. The syndrome was first diagnosed in 1982.

The term is often used when describing the reactions of audiences to music of the Romantic period great Led Zeppelin. :)

Coming into the Presence of great Art

Stendhal syndrome, or Florence syndrome, is a psychosomatic illness that causes rapid heartbeat, dizziness, confusion and even hallucinations when an individual is exposed to art, usually when the art is particularly beautiful or a large amount of art is in a single place. The term can also be used to describe a similar reaction to a surfeit of choice in other circumstances, e.g. when confronted with immense beauty in the natural world.

It is named after the famous 19th century French author Stendhal (pseudonym of Henri-Marie Beyle), who described his experience with the phenomenon during his 1817 visit to Florence, Italy in his book Naples and Florence: A Journey from Milan to Reggio.

Although there are many descriptions of people becoming dizzy and fainting while taking in Florentine art, especially at the Uffizi, dating from the early 19th century on, the syndrome was only named in 1979, when it was described by Italian psychiatrist Graziella Magherini, who observed and described more than 100 similar cases among tourists and visitors in Florence. The syndrome was first diagnosed in 1982.

The term is often used when describing the reactions of audiences to music of the Romantic period great Led Zeppelin. :)

An excellent diagnosis Dr. Rover. However, I did not see FeVeR on the list of symptoms.

FICTION

New details are emerging about Led Zeppelin's upcoming concert in Mayberry, North Carolina. Led Zeppelin will headline one night of the initial three day festival taking place just outside the city limits. Using a template similar to Bonaroo, organizers estimate 350,000 to 499,999 people will attend the event. Wealthy landowner, Earnest T. Bass is donating the use of 1700 of his 5500 acre spread for the festival. Said Bass, "My wife did one of those family tree things on the computer and it seems I'm related to Max Yasgur somehow. I figure it must be a hereditary thing."

Robert Plant was quoted briefly after the exceptional MSG show last night. "We played Greensboro in late January of 1975.I was not fully recovered from the bug and that was not our best night as a band. We look forward to returning to such a beautiful part of America and giving three full hours of pure energy beneath the stars."

A contest is being held to name the festval with no name.

Woot! If it's in Mayberry, I'm there!!

TAGS is my fav tv show, and Zep is my fav band, great combination!!

I love how you quoted Ernest T. There :D

FICTION

7:30 PM- None of us expected this one!

Picture this, the lights come up and spotlight on the Edge. He states welcome New York! This is for Jimmy and the band, smiles and they kick the night off!

Then there was a 20 minute break to reset the stage. Big screens were everywhere with pictures of Zeppelins career. The crowd cheered most of time and the last 5 minutes repeating Zeppelin, Zeppelin. Lights were low, then the boys entered the stage the crowd went crazy with joy..., and it started.

8:20PM-The crowd is in awe....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2NpOEwZfc8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39P9vpH5aCw

That was the best rock and roll blues. Total suprise, but to be here is amazing. next they kicked off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9i2fqxSjTI

Robert said this one 's for Bonzo.And the crowd must to have had 15 thousand lighters, amazing to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdHe2w-w1vg

Then Robert joked that the reason this has been so long was well...

The crowd just exploded.

Then they shifted gears which was amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYpydtdlWxA

They told us Good Night New York. The crowd just would not let up, so 5 minutes later they come back on stage and:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWeDk7QWKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXFUnnoSphY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxXYF3WTwTs

What a night of memories. Being there and seeing all the friends we have made. Quite a night!!!!!!

FICTION

This band never ceases to amaze me- I absolutely loved the opening blues set!

And U2 opening the show was great! I was so disappointed that I missed their Saturday Night Live appearance this week since I was at the first MSG show but I got to see them after all.

I'm just loving the totally different setlists too- I had heard reports that they had rehearsed many songs in Toronto, they weren't kidding!

So I think Atlanta is next? Does anyone have the latest update of the tour itinerary?

Deborah, we're going to need therapy after this! I can see the headlines...

Led Zeppelin fans incapacitated after over-dosing on too many concerts in one weekend...

:lol:

FICTION

What great memories, and we can imagine these times as much as we want...It's been great getting to know a few of you along this journey as well:-)

and shit".

laugh.gif

FICTION

I just thought since "It Might Get Loud", I imagined The Edge getting U2 to do this with the boys, It was great to imagine!

Woot! If it's in Mayberry, I'm there!!

TAGS is my fav tv show, and Zep is my fav band, great combination!!

I love how you quoted Ernest T. There :D

Don't get your panties in an uproar! ;) jabe posted this as an attack on southerners,me in particular,which I find rather hilarious since he lives in ALABAMY with a banjo on his knee. ;)

This is to all of the negative thread corrupters and you know who you are:

I have tried to be nothing but kind to everyone as I had this ridiculous thought that when it came to Led Zeppelins music we ALL shared the passion and joy. But some of you feel the need to take what was supposed to be a FICTIONAL & fun thread and add your sarcastic thoughts. If you have not already, try first reading the Topic and original post (what a concept)!

This was meant to be fun and about our dreams of seeing our treasured and respected band back on stage. As many of us have had the privilege to see them live, it was also a way for those newer fans who hadn’t to join in and share their dream concert.

I have posted my 1973 and 1975 experiences of seeing live what I consider the best band ever. Make an effort and you’ll find it. I can also send you wiki’s or Webster’s definition of effort as well!

I love this forum and 99% of the people here, the other 1% I hope you find happiness as you are obviously miserable people (can’t state this for a fact as I do not personally know you individually, nor do I care to.)

There are so many threads with an array of topics to participate in. Each individual has the right to choose. But to deliberately corrupt a thread is pathetic in my opinion.

I would like to kindly ask that you start another topic/thread about this and I ask that you leave this thread for those of us enjoying it. Am I asking to much here?

Feel free to PM me and share your usual negative comments!

From wiki---Fiction (Latin: fictum, "created") is a branch of literature which deals, in part or in whole, with temporally contrafactual events (events that are not true at the time of writing). In contrast to this is non-fiction, which deals exclusively in factual events (e.g.: biographies, histories).

Webster’s Dictionary---Fun : Merriment, hilarity

---Corruption: to make rotten, to defile

God forbid I didn’t state my source of where I got these definitions from!!!!!

Don't get your panties in an uproar! ;) jabe posted this as an attack on southerners,me in particular,which I find rather hilarious since he lives in ALABAMY with a banjo on his knee. ;)

Hi 'Rorer714' my Old Hill Jonny. ;)

"A Southern man dont need him around, anyhow" wouldnt you say?

northcarolinarebel.jpg

Kind Regards, Danny

FICTION

This just in from ZNN;

Negotiations with the Egyptian government have been on the fast track for the upcoming special event in Led Zeppelin's world tour on 11-1-09. Approval from the director of the Giza Plateau is the only obstacle left. To calm worries about terrorism and promote tourism, legal fees and ticket sale taxes have been drastically reduced. The concert will be held at the Field of Roses Arena on the west side of the pyramids. The pyramids are a symbol of eternity so it is fitting that Led Zeppelin will hold court in their presence. The show will start precisely at sunset and there will be NO other acts performing that evening. There will be a fanstastic light show flown in to add to the pyramids mysticism. It is rumored that they will open that show with the newly arranged Kashmir and that there will be a possible Webcast from ZNN for forum members who cannot travel to Egypt for that show. Any correspondents in close proximity for that show are encouraged to report furthur developments.

Archived