FICTION! Led Zeppelin's 2009-10 World Tour

SteveAJones

FICTION

Today is the big day. My husband and I went this morning to take a look at the neighborhood where he lived as a kid. The house he lived in was still there and he said it hadn't changed at all after all these years. We found a pub by the hotel and parked ourselves to watch the Angels/Red Sox game and have a couple of beers. I was the only happy fan as the Angels are moving onto the ALCS with the Yankees. Back to the hotel to freshen up and off to the House of Blues. We got there and to our seats about 7:30. We were seated in the 2nd level balcony on the left side and had a good view of the stage. Them Crooked Vultures came on at 8:00. What a fierce sound this new band puts out. A metamorphosis, if you will, of JPJ, Josh and Dave as they each bring their sound to the band to be combined into the amazing music they play. Some of the songs they played on the 80 minute set were Elephants, Nobody loves me and neither do I, Scumbag Blues and Daffodils. When their set was over Josh and Dave left the stage and JPJ stayed on and said he wanted to introduce some old friends of his, and out came Robert, Jimmy and Jason. The crowd was already estatic from TCV but exploded when Led Zeppelin was on stage. Their set was more of the bluesy songs they played, Hey, Hey What can I do, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Bring It on Home, The Lemon Song, How many more Times, I Can't Quit you Baby, Since I've been Loving you, and When the Levee Breaks. When they left the stage everyone yelled for more, ZEPPELIN, ZEPPELIN, ZEPPELIN. When they came back on state everyone was standing and clapping. They played a version of Black Dog, somewhere in between their original version and the version that Robert sings with Allison. When they were done with that song Robert asked Dave and Josh to come back on stage with them. He also invited some fellows that were in the audience on stage to help them sing their cover for this last song. While these boys are not native to Boston they are very well known there. Robert proclaims "This last song is for you Boston, Thank you."

The Bostonians erupted all around us as they sang along with what they consider their theme song.

We left there when it was all over with our ears ringing and on such a natural high seeing this fantastic show.

Tomarrow was suppose to fulfill my hubands fantasy if the Sox had gone on in the playoffs, but it is not to be. We will have to see them at Fenway some other time. So we will be off to see the fall colors before we put our Alpine on transport home and we catch a flight back to California. It was such a great trip. I had alot of fun sharing it all with you here.

FICTION

Today is the big day. My husband and I went this morning to take a look at the neighborhood where he lived as a kid. The house he lived in was still there and he said it hadn't changed at all after all these years. We found a pub by the hotel and parked ourselves to watch the Angels/Red Sox game and have a couple of beers. I was the only happy fan as the Angels are moving onto the ALCS with the Yankees. Back to the hotel to freshen up and off to the House of Blues. We got there and to our seats about 7:30. We were seated in the 2nd level balcony on the left side and had a good view of the stage. Them Crooked Vultures came on at 8:00. What a fierce sound this new band puts out. A metamorphosis, if you will, of JPJ, Josh and Dave as they each bring their sound to the band to be combined into the amazing music they play. Some of the songs they played on the 80 minute set were Elephants, Nobody loves me and neither do I, Scumbag Blues and Daffodils. When their set was over Josh and Dave left the stage and JPJ stayed on and said he wanted to introduce some old friends of his, and out came Robert, Jimmy and Jason. The crowd was already estatic from TCV but exploded when Led Zeppelin was on stage. Their set was more of the bluesy songs they played, Hey, Hey What can I do, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Bring It on Home, The Lemon Song, How many more Times, I Can't Quit you Baby, Since I've been Loving you, and When the Levee Breaks. When they left the stage everyone yelled for more, ZEPPELIN, ZEPPELIN, ZEPPELIN. When they came back on state everyone was standing and clapping. They played a version of Black Dog, somewhere in between their original version and the version that Robert sings with Allison. When they were done with that song Robert asked Dave and Josh to come back on stage with them. He also invited some fellows that were in the audience on stage to help them sing their cover for this last song. While these boys are not native to Boston they are very well known there. Robert proclaims "This last song is for you Boston, Thank you."

The Bostonians erupted all around us as they sang along with what they consider their theme song.

We left there when it was all over with our ears ringing and on such a natural high seeing this fantastic show.

Tomarrow was suppose to fulfill my hubands fantasy if the Sox had gone on in the playoffs, but it is not to be. We will have to see them at Fenway some other time. So we will be off to see the fall colors before we put our Alpine on transport home and we catch a flight back to California. It was such a great trip. I had alot of fun sharing it all with you here.

FICTION

Awesome recap of the experience!! I love the bluesy songs as well. This blew me away!!

What a night, thanks for making me smile by reliving the memory:-)

FICTION

A day later and my ears are still ringing from the show last night at House of Blues in Boston! This was the first time I got to see Them Crooked Vultures, and they were excellent- can't wait for the cd! And LZ's blues set was incredible, I'm getting shivers down my spine just thinking about it :)

Unfortunately this leg of the North American tour is almost over, they're playing Philly tomorrow night (although TCV will be playing in Washington DC 10/14 & NYC 10/15 so poor Jonesy won't be getting any rest) and then they're off to the UK at the end of the week. I'm still trying to talk my husband into taking Amtrak down to Philly for the show but at this point it doesn't seem likely as he says he has "OD'ed on Zeppelin" (like that's a bad thing?).

It's been great getting to hang out with the Forum members (a big shout out to Deborah J & ledzepfvr!), hopefully we'll all get to do it again on the second leg of the North American tour!

8:13pm.

The lights go out.....Giant yellow flood lights descend upon the crowd. You could spark a nuclear device with the amount of energy surging through the ocean of screaming followers. Suddenly, through the flashes of cell phones and cameras, four entities shift through the wandering darkness. One dressed in a white suit and black long rimmed fedora, holding a double necked guitar, one cleanly shaven in a black t shirt and black leather pants checking his mic, one wearing jeans and what appears to be a vintage 1972 Zeppelin Spectrum t shirt and the other assuming his throne wearing aviator sunnies and a Ryan Howard baseball jersey! Then...BOOM!!!

The opening licks to the Song Remains the Same. As soon as Jason/Jonesy crash in, smoke and what looks like lightning explode on either side of the stage with Plant jumping out to the center, in full swagger. Page, in a white gangster suit, red flower in jacket, looking ready to destroy every doubter who ever questioned if they could still perform. High energy...

I had a dream...ohhhhhh what a crazy little dream.. - Plant, stating what we all were feeling watching Led Zeppelin perform...except this was a dream that has finally come true.

Page ends the song..quickly switches to the 6 string and begins strumming at lightning speed..Celebration Day. Awesome!!!

Good evening Philadelphia, how is everyone tonight?............This has been a real treat for all of us to get back together for a run and have fun with a lot of old faces and new faces. Well do our best tonight to have a good time........This next tune is older than you little darlin - Plant, grinning as he points to blonde no older than 18 a few feet in front of me.

Page begins..Over the Hills and Far Away. Plant sings it lower like usual, but it sounds great. Jason is very on point. The solo sounds good, Page is having fun.

This next one always seems to get people going...call it the wake of the dead. - Plant

Page walks out with the danny! In My Time of Dying!!! Woooo!!!!! His tone is raunchy and straight back woods. Jones is rock solid, Jason playing it just like his dad. Plant sings with much vindication in his voice. Page gets down with both solos, duck walking at one point and breaking out some familiar Page on stage antics.

This next song was written during a better time or so it seems. Its also the time in the show when we bring a very dear friend to the center stage, albeit for a brief time in the show. Haha, Mr. John Paul Jones. Cmon, give it up for Jonesy! - Plant

No Quarter lasts about 20 minutes with an extended piano jam that includes some Mozart I think. A lot of smoke and fog with a very appropriate solo by Page for this time of year, very dark and haunting.

Since Ive Been Loving You is next. Very tight but loose, reminded me of very early versions. Page doesnt play it over the top, which is good. He lets everyone in with the solo, and it comes off perfect.

Jonesy starts off the next song with that infamous bass walk down, Dazed and Confused. Page on the edge of the stage, jacket removed, sleeves rolled up, Marlboro hanging from his lip. Jason fits some amazing fills in during the breakdown. Then the bow solo. Green laser beams shoot down to the stage from the heavens and encase Page, who begins molesting his Les Paul with the bow, creating horrific sounds of enchantment. The jam leads into I Cant Quit You Baby, much like from I remember some of the 1973 European DnCs. Very loose and playful. The roundabout back into Dazed goes over well and the boys seem to be playing with house money by this point.

When we first were able to get away from the hustle and bustle of those first few tours, we went up into the English countryside with our guitars, our girlfriends and a lot of wine...and wrote a few song that appeared on the third album. This is one that features Jimmy Page, for which he wrote by himself while the rest of us were off getting groceries....Mr. Jimmy Page. - Plant

Page sitting at the edge of the stage on a stool with his danny again. Nooooo way.

Bron-Y-Aur. Simply amazing. When hes through, we cheer him to a much overwhelming smile. He swaps for an acoustic when Plant and Jones join him at the front and take seats, Jones holding a mandolin.

Page begins....Thats the Way. My favorite Zep tune. I let out a howl and raise my hands in the air, clapping in approval. They sound so good, the balance between the mandolin and guitar are perfect.

Jason reemerges after the song, sitting down at his throne. Jones grabs a stand up bass. I think I can guess whats next. Page begins playing Black Country Woman with Plant immediately on vocals. They run through one verse before Jason/Jones drop in...running through another two verses before everyone drops out except Page who begins the opening licks to Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp.

Alright Philly...here we go!! - Plant just before Jason kicks in with the bass drum. Everyone sings along, smiles from everyone on stage and in the crowd alike. Page gets real back country with his solo, which is something Id always wanted to see live. Jeff Beck always said Page was his best on acoustic, Im beginning to see why.

Page swaps for a different acoustic. Gallows Pole. Once the drums kick in, its a whirlwind of a good time. Page uses a pedal to create a wacky guitar sound and solos over the bass line. Interesting.

Now that weve got that out of our systems, shall we press on? - Plant

Page throws his arm in the air before playing the intro to..Achilles Last Stand. Wow. Explosions hit both ends of the stage once again when Jason crashes in. They sound very good. Jason, particularly, sounds very inspired and is flawless. Page delivers a memorable solo, very clean. Once over, during the outro riff, I notice Jones walk back to the keys and Page walk off the stage briefly only to return with a different guitar..yet the riff never stops. I assume he has some sort of delay or loop.

Boom!!! Kashmir. Right into it. That was cool! The wall of sound is amazing. Plant, hands on hips like the Viking of yesteryear, once again..takes us there.

This next one, well, if we dont play it, Im sure a few of you might care so...for the few...and the rest. - Plant with much sarcasm and a half cocked grin before Stairway.

As soon as Plant sung heaven... and before the crowd could let out a full eruption of approval, Page went into The Rain Song and completely blew us away. It was melodic and just about dropped us to the floor. Jason opened up on the timpani and it brought back a lot of memories hearing it live on record so many years back.

Philly, youve been great. Goodnight. - Plant after Page closed out the Rain Song. I dont think anyone in the building expected it to end like that. All the chattering around us was the same, I wonder what the first encore will be? Within 5 minutes, the entire Spectrum was vibrating with Ze-ppelin! *Clap* *Clap* Ze-ppelin! Then, amongst the streams of fluorescent stage lights, the boys emerged. Suddenly, the anticipation for what was to come overtook everyone and for a brief instant, amongst the pounding noise, I thought I hear a pin drop.

That intro..That riff..Boom!...Out on the Tiles!! Very unexpected, but very welcome. Plant sounds good, for this stage in the evening. Page is becoming more vocal in his mannerisms, he is definitely enjoying himself. Playing the last intro riff which normally would lead into the outro jam, they dont continue but instead, stop..and Plant belts out, Hey hey mama... Siiick. Pages tone is lethal during the solo, cutting through any doubts of his abilities at his age.

So...ugh...we decided Philly has always been good to us..and ugh..were not sure the next time well be back around your way so were gonna really let it out tonight. Are you with us? - Plant encouraging a riot of joyous drunkenness amongst the loyal crowd.

The bend on the G......OH SHIT!!! THE RIFF! Heartbreaker! Quite possibly the highlight of the night. I bought the ticket for the whole show, but I came for this. As soon as it came time for his spotlight to embrace him, the man took his place. Teasing the audience with every quick tease, every little hammer on/off. Looking around at us, smiling. Then, with lightning speed, up her neck he went until he found the spot, fingers blurred..minds blown. And yes, he can still play it!

Ala 1973, they go right into Whole Lotta Love instead of the last verse of Heartbreaker. Nothing to fancy, no Boogie Chillen, but a kick ass solo by Page on the theremin. And yes, when it came time, Plant did hit the high note..Loooooooooooooooooovvvvvvveeeeee!!!!

Philadelphia, we bid you, ado.

This time, people were more skeptical. I remained faithful, I just had a gut feeling that wasnt the end. Go with your gut is a marketed slogan for a reason. Within 5 minutes, they return to the stage with Jason leading the count in, We done 4 already and my hands are sweaty so off we went, 1, 2, 3, 4!!! The Ocean. I like the improved, She was once just 3 years old.. Clever.

That drum intro...Rock and Roll. Sounds good all around, Pages solo sharp as ever. Jason nails an extended drum solo at the end.

Ok, now Im thinking this might be it. Its not. That ol bluesy riff. Bring It On Home!!! Wooo!!!

Plants wailing away on the harp until they kick it into full swing. This is Led fuckin Zeppelin! They do the middle breakdown with a harmonica/guitar tease which comes off alittle improved, you can tell theyre flying on the seats of their pants. Finally, the outro and silence broken by a thunderous applause from the crowd.

This time, Plant says nothing into the mic. The four meet at the front of the stage and take a bow. Page puts his hands together in thanks and wishes everyone well with a grin from ear to ear. We watch as the four walk off stage..for what seems like the departing of a lifetime.

People begin to move about and shuffling towards the exits begin. It doesnt dawn on any of us until a few seconds later...the house lights havent come on yet.

The crowd in unison begin cheering louder than the first encore demands.

The stage goes black, yellow flood lights hit the crowd. The place goes absolutely ape shit. What is left?

I think you could update this one by a few years..ugh decades. - Plant.

Ten Years Gone. Jonesy is sitting on a stool at the edge of the stage with a much more updated triple neck. Page with rolled up sleeves and a freshly lit Marlboro, strumming the familiar pattern. Jason awaits his cue as Plant lets us in. The solo nearly brought tears to my eyes. So much passion and soul. It brought back memories of first hearing the best versions from the 1977 tour, just sheer brilliance. They jam out at the end, Plant really putting his whole soul into it. They end.

Jones walks to the keys and takes a seat. He begins playing a few ratty chords and patterns before going into...Take Me Out to the Ballgame!!!! The entire building goes from a decimal level of 11 to 1,000. 20,000 people singing every word in perfect unison..Lets root root root root for the Phiiiillies, if they dont win its a shame......As soon as he ends it, Page begins playing..

Thank You. The boys are just so keen to make this evening that much more special for us. Plant delivers his best vocal of the night and Page gets nutty, ala 1971 with the solo. The keys fade out, Page letting his guitar ring until its over.

I saw a 65yo man crying in the audience, his hands raised. A little amusing to this fellow, but I can not judge, we just witnessed something no one else will ever be able to experience.

Philadelphia, you are in our hearts. In this life and the next. Thank you and Goodnight! - Page speaking for the first time all night, sending us off into the Pennsylvania night with a new swan song from an old friend.

TRUTH

bigstickbonzo!!!!! Wow, I got chills and my eyes filled a little with tears reading your recap. It brought me back to 1973, and 75!!! My God, do they know how much we love them and miss them!! :thanku:

FICTION

What a night, the screams, the chills, THE MUSIC!!! Thank you for the details..amazing :cheer:

FICTION

Due to budget constraints, ZNN has had a drastic cutback in roving reporter staff, primarily on the European front.

While the Led Zeppelin 2009-2010 World Tour continues, concert reporting may be intermittant due to the lack of invested support to ZNN.

Please tune into ZNN occasionally for any furtur updates.

And now back to your regular forum thread posting.

FICTION

Due to budget constraints, ZNN has had a drastic cutback in roving reporter staff, primarily on the European front.

While the Led Zeppelin 2009-2010 World Tour continues, concert reporting may be intermittant due to the lack of invested support to ZNN.

Please tune into ZNN occasionally for any furtur updates.

And now back to your regular forum thread posting.

LOL- The original ZNN reporter will be back in December when time permits. Maybe there is another correspondent until then. As soon as the 2nd leg of the American Tour is confirmed she will be back on assignment!!

“Philadelphia, you are in our hearts. In this life and the next. Thank you and Goodnight!” - Page speaking for the first time all night, sending us off into the Pennsylvania night with a new swan song from an old friend.

...very poignant given the original Electric Factory is gone, JFK Stadium is gone and The Spectrum soon shall be.

FICTION

I heard on the radio today that the show at the base of the Eiffel Tower on Saturday will be streamed live on YouTube. I wonder if France is a 5 or 6 hour time difference from Eastern Standard Time?

FICTION

Hi Stargroves......France is 6 hours ahead of EST which makes it 9 for me PST. That will be sweet for it to be on UTube. The ZNN report on the Giza Pyramids show had reported the possibllity of the show being on a Webcast. I'll be looking forward to seeing the shows.

FICTION

I missed the show at the Eiffle Tower on the uTube but I'm sure it was great as Led Zeppelin shows always are. I decided to take a vacation day to stay home and watch the webcast show at the Pyramids, as they are 11 hours ahead of me and I don't think my employer would appreciate my watching it at work. The hubby was a good man and hooked the internet to our 50 inch TV which has surround sound so I got a real good picture of the show but I'm sure I no way was as great as actually being witness to the event.

The sun was fading like the house lights in a theatre turning the sunset sky a brilliant orange as the last of the people were finding their seats. There was a hum of anticipation from the fans and you could hear an electric drone in the background as a caravan of six hooded and robed riders appeared in the rear and made its way down the center isle of the arena. The slow rythmic camel bells added to the noise as they reached the front and split 3 to each side and pulled up to a platform in front of the stage. There were 4 shirtless men in loincloths waiting to help the 4 center riders off the saddles as the 2 remaining riders escorted the camels off to the side. The 4 mysterious riders were quickly disrobed to reveal Robert, Jimmy, John Paul and Jason. Each was dressed in light colored linen slacks with colorful loose fitting tunic style shirts hanging mid thigh. Robert's was red with yellow designs, Jimmy's turquoise with orange, John Paul's yellow with purple and Jason's orange with royal blue. They fit in very well to be giving concert in the Valley of the Kings. Jason ascends a couple of steps to the drums which look to be set upon a small flat top pyramid and the stage is flanked by two large stone pillars.

"We just rode in to play a few songs for you" Robert announces. Jimmy is set and launches into the riff for the first song, Kashmir.

"Oh father of the four winds fill my sails, across the sea of years, With no provisions but an open face, along

the straits of fear"

As Robert sings, two large cloth screens unfurl on the outside of each pillar and images of Egypt, Led Zeppelin of past and present were projected to add to the light show going on behind the stage. Kashmir is one of my favorite as it tells the tale of a epic journey.

Next up, "In the Eeeeevening! When the day is done."

The sky by this time had turned a midnight blue with thousands of stars twinkling their beacon and the quarter moon shining above the pyramids like a night lite casting a blue glow over the area.

When that song was finished a mist started to roll over the stage and a gentle breeze pushed it along to mingle with the audience.

"They choose the path where no one goes, They hold No Quarter"

The mist was still lingering as Robert segways to the next song, Misty Mountain Hop.

"So I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains, Where the spirits go now.

Over the hills where the spirits fly. Ooooh"

You could just imagine the spirts of the pharohs soaring over the mountainous pyramids juting out above the desert floor. Their bodies laid to rest, entombed below with all their worldly goods.

"In my time of dying, want nobody to mourn. All I want for you to do is take by body home"

They pick up the tempo now and play The Ocean.

"Singing to an ocean, I can hear the ocean's roar. Play for free, Play for me and play a whole lot more"

Everyone sings along "Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Na Na, Na Na Na "

A good time calls for a Celebration.

"My my my, I'm so happy, I'm gonna join a band. Were gonna dance and sing in celebration,

We are in the promised land"

The Rover is next up in list.

"Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old?

If we could just join hands, If we could just join hands"

Everyone has joined hands with the person next to them and are waving them back and forth like a field of desert grass swaying in the wind.

There is a pause when the song is finished as they each catch their breath and sneak a drink. From the side our four shirtless fellows are carrying a platform upon which a woman is seated. Robert and Jimmy go down to the platform each extending a hand to help her off and onto the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, May I introduce to you, Ann Wilson, who has again graced us with her golden voice"

Ann is dressed in a white flowing gauze dress embellished with gold and silver beads and is wearing a beaded garland on her head that dangles down into her dark hair. She looks to be a modern day Cleopatra reigning over the stage with the Kings of Rock.

Chairs are set on the stage as they take their places and sing The Battle of Evermore.

"Oh, dance in the dark of night, sing to the moring light.

The magic runes are writ in gold to bring the balance back,

Bring it back."

"This is a song I did with Heart. Crazy On You. Hit it boys"

"I was a willow last night in a dream, I bent down over a clear running stream.

I sang you the song that I heard up above and you keep me alive with your sweet flowing love."

"Now we're gonna have a little fun and do our cover of the Bangles tune, Walk Like An Egyptian" Ann announces.

"All the old paintings on the tombs, they do the sand dance, don't you know. Ay oh whey oh.

If they move to quick, they're falling like dominos"

You could tell they were haveing a great time with this song. Even the audience was on their feet singing Ay oh whey oh and were moving like a mob dance , flexing their arms in unison in the zig-zag motion of the egyptian picures on the pyramid walls.

Ann got her flute out for the last song of the night as Jimmy started playing Stairway to Heaven. It was a beautiful rendention as it built to the final climax.

"And as we wind on down the road, Our shadows taller than our soul

There walks a lady we all know, Who shines white light and wants to show.

How everything still turns to gold, and if you listen very hard,

The time will come to you at last, when all are one and one is all

To be a rock and not to roll. And she's buying the stairway to heaven."

The crowd was on the feet cheering wildly as they finished. All five took center stage and bowed to the crowd

"Thank you all for coming. It was a magical night and appreciate the loyalty that keeps the spirit of our dear friend John and Led Zeppelin alive." With that they exit the stage and the lights fade to black.

The show is done. The people file out of the stadium with the memory of a night they will never forget.

And neither will I.

FICTION

I missed the show at the Eiffle Tower on the uTube but I'm sure it was great as Led Zeppelin shows always are. I decided to take a vacation day to stay home and watch the webcast show at the Pyramids, as they are 11 hours ahead of me and I don't think my employer would appreciate my watching it at work. The hubby was a good man and hooked the internet to our 50 inch TV which has surround sound so I got a real good picture of the show but I'm sure I no way was as great as actually being witness to the event.

The sun was fading like the house lights in a theatre turning the sunset sky a brilliant orange as the last of the people were finding their seats. There was a hum of anticipation from the fans and you could hear an electric drone in the background as a caravan of six hooded and robed riders appeared in the rear and made its way down the center isle of the arena. The slow rythmic camel bells added to the noise as they reached the front and split 3 to each side and pulled up to a platform in front of the stage. There were 4 shirtless men in loincloths waiting to help the 4 center riders off the saddles as the 2 remaining riders escorted the camels off to the side. The 4 mysterious riders were quickly disrobed to reveal Robert, Jimmy, John Paul and Jason. Each was dressed in light colored linen slacks with colorful loose fitting tunic style shirts hanging mid thigh. Robert's was red with yellow designs, Jimmy's turquoise with orange, John Paul's yellow with purple and Jason's orange with royal blue. They fit in very well to be giving concert in the Valley of the Kings. Jason ascends a couple of steps to the drums which look to be set upon a small flat top pyramid and the stage is flanked by two large stone pillars.

"We just rode in to play a few songs for you" Robert announces. Jimmy is set and launches into the riff for the first song, Kashmir.

"Oh father of the four winds fill my sails, across the sea of years, With no provisions but an open face, along

the straits of fear"

As Robert sings, two large cloth screens unfurl on the outside of each pillar and images of Egypt, Led Zeppelin of past and present were projected to add to the light show going on behind the stage. Kashmir is one of my favorite as it tells the tale of a epic journey.

Next up, "In the Eeeeevening! When the day is done."

The sky by this time had turned a midnight blue with thousands of stars twinkling their beacon and the quarter moon shining above the pyramids like a night lite casting a blue glow over the area.

When that song was finished a mist started to roll over the stage and a gentle breeze pushed it along to mingle with the audience.

"They choose the path where no one goes, They hold No Quarter"

The mist was still lingering as Robert segways to the next song, Misty Mountain Hop.

"So I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains, Where the spirits go now.

Over the hills where the spirits fly. Ooooh"

You could just imagine the spirts of the pharohs soaring over the mountainous pyramids juting out above the desert floor. Their bodies laid to rest, entombed below with all their worldly goods.

"In my time of dying, want nobody to mourn. All I want for you to do is take by body home"

They pick up the tempo now and play The Ocean.

"Singing to an ocean, I can hear the ocean's roar. Play for free, Play for me and play a whole lot more"

Everyone sings along "Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Na Na, Na Na Na "

A good time calls for a Celebration.

"My my my, I'm so happy, I'm gonna join a band. Were gonna dance and sing in celebration,

We are in the promised land"

The Rover is next up in list.

"Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old?

If we could just join hands, If we could just join hands"

Everyone has joined hands with the person next to them and are waving them back and forth like a field of desert grass swaying in the wind.

There is a pause when the song is finished as they each catch their breath and sneak a drink. From the side our four shirtless fellows are carrying a platform upon which a woman is seated. Robert and Jimmy go down to the platform each extending a hand to help her off and onto the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, May I introduce to you, Ann Wilson, who has again graced us with her golden voice"

Ann is dressed in a white flowing gauze dress embellished with gold and silver beads and is wearing a beaded garland on her head that dangles down into her dark hair. She looks to be a modern day Cleopatra reigning over the stage with the Kings of Rock.

Chairs are set on the stage as they take their places and sing The Battle of Evermore.

"Oh, dance in the dark of night, sing to the moring light.

The magic runes are writ in gold to bring the balance back,

Bring it back."

"This is a song I did with Heart. Crazy On You. Hit it boys"

"I was a willow last night in a dream, I bent down over a clear running stream.

I sang you the song that I heard up above and you keep me alive with your sweet flowing love."

"Now we're gonna have a little fun and do our cover of the Bangles tune, Walk Like An Egyptian" Ann announces.

"All the old paintings on the tombs, they do the sand dance, don't you know. Ay oh whey oh.

If they move to quick, they're falling like dominos"

You could tell they were haveing a great time with this song. Even the audience was on their feet singing Ay oh whey oh and were moving like a mob dance , flexing their arms in unison in the zig-zag motion of the egyptian picures on the pyramid walls.

Ann got her flute out for the last song of the night as Jimmy started playing Stairway to Heaven. It was a beautiful rendention as it built to the final climax.

"And as we wind on down the road, Our shadows taller than our soul

There walks a lady we all know, Who shines white light and wants to show.

How everything still turns to gold, and if you listen very hard,

The time will come to you at last, when all are one and one is all

To be a rock and not to roll. And she's buying the stairway to heaven."

The crowd was on the feet cheering wildly as they finished. All five took center stage and bowed to the crowd

"Thank you all for coming. It was a magical night and appreciate the loyalty that keeps the spirit of our dear friend John and Led Zeppelin alive." With that they exit the stage and the lights fade to black.

The show is done. The people file out of the stadium with the memory of a night they will never forget.

And neither will I.

FICTION

I wish i could follow the band but my school and other commitments keep me from the beautiful craziness that is this tour, but when they roll into inglewood and play the forum you can bet i'm gonna be there. till then i die a little inside with every passing day and cry myself to sleep singing

When you wish upon a star

Makes no difference who you are

Anything your heart desires

Will come to you

If your heart is in your dream

No request is too extreme

As dreamers do

Fate is kind

She brings to those who love

The sweet fulfillment of

Their secret longing

Like a bolt out of the blue

Fate steps in and sees you through

Your dreams come true

• 4 weeks later...

I watched on youtube the clip of I'm Gonna Crawl in amazement from the 11/18 show in Russia. Jason Bonham's drumming was spellbinding especially toward the end dueling with Page's guitar work and Robert Plants wailing of

"she gives me good lovin, she gives me good lovin" and that spine tingling scream, then, I'm Gonna Crawl, Page guitar overhead, Jones holding his bass overhead, Plant arms outstretched with the microphone and cord stretched to the limits, Bonham lightly tapping his cymbals, then all hell comes crashing down and the band launches into the Ocean. I couldn't watch anymore. It was too fucking much.

• 1 year later...

FICTION

Dateline: Tokyo, Japan

A press conference has been announced for Wednesday, sparking rampant speculation Led Zeppelin is to perform in Japan for the first time since 1972.

Meanwhile, cellphone footage of Jimmy Page in Tokyo has made the evening news:

Archived