FICTION! Led Zeppelin's 2009-10 World Tour

SteveAJones

FICTION

www.RollingStone.com

Sept 19, 2009

Led Zeppelin confirm world-wide concert tour will begin Sept 25th in Montreal, playing arenas, some stadiums & making special appearances

London: Led Zeppelin today confirmed their highly-anticipated concert tour will begin on September 25th in Montreal, playing arenas, some stadiums & making some special appearances throughout North America. Further tour details are pending.

Promoters Michael Cohl and Harvey Goldsmith also announced that the tour will continue this fall with dates in the UK and Europe, including appearances in Holland, Germany, Italy and France with additional countries to be announced. Additional dates in South America, Japan, Australia and New Zealand are anticipated. "The anticipation and excitement to see Led Zeppelin is overwhelming and I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of bringing the band to their fans worldwide," said Mr. Cohl.

In 1968, Led Zeppelin stormed the music scene by blending folk, blues and and rock. Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and the late John Bonham created an unmistakably nuanced sound filled with evocative melodies, infectious lyrics and rock & roll swagger. Led Zeppelin dominated the top of the charts and radio airwaves worldwide with #1 albums and a succession of hit songs. In the twelve years they were together,

Led Zeppelin became one of the world's most famous rock bands.

The North American tour is presented by Best Buy, the leading consumer electronics retailer with nearly 1,000 retail locations in the United States and Canada. "Led Zeppelin Live in Concert is one of the most anticipated musical events of the past three decades," said Gary Arnold, senior vice president of entertainment for Best Buy. "We are proud to be able to help bring this event to music fans and to be able to offer our best customers a chance to experience this incredible tour."

In the United States, members of Best Buy's Reward Zone program will have the opportunity to access tickets prior to the general public. To qualify for the presale, participants need to be 18 years old or older and must have a current Reward Zone program membership that was activated by February 1, 2009. Presale tickets will be sold through Ticketmaster on a first come first served bases. Complete details of the Reward Zone program presale can be found at www.bestbuy.com/ledzeppelin. Information about the Canadian concert dates can be found at www.bestbuy.ca/ledzeppelin.

Tickets for the first North American leg of the Led Zeppelin tour will be scaled at $100.00, $150.00 and $200.00 in most markets (plus applicable service fees). Sale date details are pending. There will be a 4 ticket limit per person for all arena shows and a 6 ticket limit per person for the stadium events.

FICTION

www.RollingStone.com

Sept 19, 2009

Led Zeppelin confirm world-wide concert tour will begin Sept 25th in Montreal, playing arenas, some stadiums & making special appearances

London: Led Zeppelin today confirmed their highly-anticipated concert tour will begin on September 25th in Montreal, playing arenas, some stadiums & making some special appearances throughout North America. Further tour details are pending.

Promoters Michael Cohl and Harvey Goldsmith also announced that the tour will continue this fall with dates in the UK and Europe, including appearances in Holland, Germany, Italy and France with additional countries to be announced. Additional dates in South America, Japan, Australia and New Zealand are anticipated. "The anticipation and excitement to see Led Zeppelin is overwhelming and I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of bringing the band to their fans worldwide," said Mr. Cohl.

In 1968, Led Zeppelin stormed the music scene by blending folk, blues and and rock. Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and the late John Bonham created an unmistakably nuanced sound filled with evocative melodies, infectious lyrics and rock & roll swagger. Led Zeppelin dominated the top of the charts and radio airwaves worldwide with #1 albums and a succession of hit songs. In the twelve years they were together,

Led Zeppelin became one of the world's most famous rock bands.

The North American tour is presented by Best Buy, the leading consumer electronics retailer with nearly 1,000 retail locations in the United States and Canada. "Led Zeppelin Live in Concert is one of the most anticipated musical events of the past three decades," said Gary Arnold, senior vice president of entertainment for Best Buy. "We are proud to be able to help bring this event to music fans and to be able to offer our best customers a chance to experience this incredible tour."

In the United States, members of Best Buy's Reward Zone program will have the opportunity to access tickets prior to the general public. To qualify for the presale, participants need to be 18 years old or older and must have a current Reward Zone program membership that was activated by February 1, 2009. Presale tickets will be sold through Ticketmaster on a first come first served bases. Complete details of the Reward Zone program presale can be found at www.bestbuy.com/ledzeppelin. Information about the Canadian concert dates can be found at www.bestbuy.ca/ledzeppelin.

Tickets for the first North American leg of the Led Zeppelin tour will be scaled at $100.00, $150.00 and $200.00 in most markets (plus applicable service fees). Sale date details are pending. There will be a 4 ticket limit per person for all arena shows and a 6 ticket limit per person for the stadium events.

I am falling out of my chair!!!

Steve, knowing as much about Led Zeppelin as you do, I can picture every concert on the tour professionally filmed and recorded for our continued enjoyment. I can see this as a specific concert purchase or a massive boxed set of the whole 2009-2010 tour. Do you think Led Zeppelin, specifically Page, would allow unedited onstage versions of this tour to be sold with his blessings?

Steve, knowing as much about Led Zeppelin as you do, I can picture every concert on the tour professionally filmed and recorded for our continued enjoyment. I can see this as a specific concert purchase or a massive boxed set of the whole 2009-2010 tour. Do you think Led Zeppelin, specifically Page, would allow unedited onstage versions of this tour to be sold with his blessings?

FICTION

Now that's a really interesting point to ponder. Certainly, we know The Who made essentially raw soundboard recordings for each gig of their 2002 tour available for purchase. I cite that tour as an example becuase Robert Plant was the opening act and he (as well as Page) shared management with Bill Curbishley. Going further back, Page/Plant permitted taper's sections on the 1st leg of their 1995 North American tour to combat bootlegging. Given there is a tried and true business model in place for doing so and the demand for tickets will far exceed availability, I can see this as a real possibility. Seeing as this will undoubtedly be the final farewell for the group

I should think Jimmy would not object. It remains to be seen if they would be sold thru their official website or

if Best Buy obtained exclusive rights as part of their tour sponsorship deal.

FICTION

JUST ANNOUNCED:

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame just announced that the newly reformed and legendary LED ZEPPELIN will join U2, Metallica, Eric Clapton, and Aretha Franklin at the Rock Hall's 25th Anniversary Concert at New York's Madison Square Garden on October 30th. Currently, tickets are still available for premium seats, but are being offered by Ticketmaster for $2,504.50 plus $73 fees per ticket.

Speculation has been rampant that Jeff Beck will make an appearance at this concert as a special guest, thus allowing for a performance with the three guitarists from the former Yardbirds. This one is not to be missed!

This concert is being recorded and will be aired in November.

FICTION

Led Zeppelin Take Flight

Page, Plant and Jones to launch their tour by ringing the Bell Centre

By Laslo Lipshitz Montreal Star | September 20, 2009

The surviving members of the Led Zeppelin are now in their 60s -- a time when most rockers are firmly planted on the couch. But Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones are enthusiastically cranking up their tour schedules, not winding them down.

''It's called the mysterious rhythm of life," Page mused earlier this week. ''I can't quite account for it. It's probably an addiction, quite honestly. Regardless, I need this shot of stage life."

Led Zeppelin will get just what they're looking for when they open their world tour at Bell Centre on Friday. The tour is being promoted as 'Mothership - The Only Way To Fly" -- and what better way to take flight than performing at the Bell Centre, where over 21,000 fans are expected to catch Led Zeppelin?

''I must admit that I have not been to Montreal since 1995, but I'm looking forward to seeing it again because it's quite a cosmopolitan city," guitarist Jimmy Page said in a phone interview.

''I can't wait. It's quite a privilege to play a place like that," Plant said during a later phone call.

Led Zeppelin clearly are back to rock, and they're opening in Montreal. Fans who couldn't score tickets will be crushed to know that Led Zeppelin were offered a second Bell Centre date but couldn't fit it into their schedule.

Why open in Montreal?

''Montreal is a good city, and they're tolerant of our first-night mistakes," Page said. ''On the first night there are quite a few mistakes, not only from the band but from the video crew, too. They're showing feet when they should be showing hands, that short of thing. On a more personal note, Montreal was to be the first date of our 1980 tour. We thought by opening this tour there it's like a continuation as well as an evolution. It is on the anniversary of Bonzo's passing, as we would like to celebrate his legacy."

Circumstances brought Page and Plant-- who have quietly had their differences in the past -- closer than ever. Each has remained tight-lipped on just what those circumstances are, but it is believed that Jones and Grohl's musical vitality in Them Crooked Vultures made an indelible impression.

Led Zeppelin intend to debut at least one new tune at Bell Centre. ''People have to know them a little bit more before they want to hear more than one, I think," Plant said.

As for the show's stage design, Page took a personal interest -- especially in the concept of having some fans seated within what he has dubbed "The Golden Circle".

''First of all, I was doing my granddaughter's homework, and I was looking [with her] at designs for the Elizabethan theaters," he said, citing the famous Globe Theatre where Shakespeare's work was performed. ''So I started thinking about that . . . and I met with the design team and we came up with the current design."

So Led Zeppelin are the modern Shakespeare?

"Oh, Crikey," Page said with a laugh. ''No, it's still just a rock show. Mind you, a damn good one."

FICTION

Here's my hotel:

http://www.ritzmontreal.com/

Here's a a link to the venue, the Bell Centre:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Centre

When I made my hotel reservation I asked if a "James MacGregor" was booked for the night of the concert and was told yes. Leaving nothing to chance, I asked if an "I.M. Manic" was also booked and was told yes. So it

seems this is also the band's hotel.

How's it going "SteveAJones?" I hope all is well with you. WOW, this is too deep for me! It looks to me like you and "Deborah J" are experiencing foreplay together! Ha Ha! :hysterical: Thats ok, I've been there myself including last night with my girlfriend's female friends. (For real!) Ha Ha! Forgive me, I'm a little drunk at the moment! I'm getting ready for tonight. Anyway, say hi to Deb for me and have a great time. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON!

How's it going "SteveAJones?" I hope all is well with you. WOW, this is too deep for me! It looks to me like you and "Deborah J" are experiencing foreplay together! Ha Ha! :hysterical: Thats ok, I've been there myself including last night with my girlfriend's female friends. (For real!) Ha Ha! Forgive me, I'm a little drunk at the moment! I'm getting ready for tonight. Anyway, say hi to Deb for me and have a great time. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON!

Hey ZFF, it would be cool to catch up with you when the tour hits San Antonio or Dallas or Brownsville. Not sure of exact cities at this time.

Feel free to elaborate on your girlfriend's female friends in another thread if you'd like. Start a new thread if it demands one! I know I don't need to remind you, but wherever you are, whatever you do...ROCK ON!

FICTION

ZNN Reports Breaking News.

Thanks for joining the most trusted name in news. ZNN has just confirmed the powerhouse seventies band Led Zeppelin will be kicking of a fall 2009 and 2010 Concert Tour. We have correspondents in the field from our London & Nashville affiliates trying to locate Mr. Jimmy Page, Mr. Plant and Mr. Jones. We are in the process of confirming that Jason Bonham will be replacing the original Drummer , his father John Bonham.

Led Zeppelin was a band that broke Arena and Record sales in their prime. Each member has gone on to do their own projects, many great ones, but none with the power of the original members together as Led Zeppelin. These Rock gods are now in their sixties, still with one of the most/if not the most loyal fan base of any band.

The song Stairway to Heaven known by most people from their untitled album went on to be the most requested rock song in history and holds that record today.

Ladies and Gentlemen we are just confirming that websites have been crashing due to the volume of people trying to get these tickets. It is being reported that over 100 million people are jamming these websites. Never seen anything like this in the music industry.

We have to break for a word from our sponsors, but stay tuned as we follow this developing story. ( 2 minutes)

Glad you joined us again, We now have one of our London corrospondents who just spoke by phone to Mr. Jimmy Page, lead guitarist and what is considered to be the architect behind Led Zeppelin. When asked Mr. Page what did he think about all of this demand. He replied "Of course we are delighted. It has taken you the media/journalist quite some time to understand what we were trying to create. But the people, the fans have always known. In fact those fan members on our Forum are being offered tickets to all the events prior to any release of tickets to the public. A way of thanking them for standing by us. I know a lot of them are looking forward to our new release". Our correspondent reported that she tried to get more information from Mr. Page, but could not. We will keep you posted on any updates as they come in live to the ZNN Center.

We now have our Nashville correspondent who has just talked by phone with Mr. Robert Plant, lead vocalist known for his powerful vocals that are considered to be another instrument in the band. Mr. Plant is in Nashville working with Allison Krauss on another release. Mr. Plant was asked what he thought about this amount of demand he responded, "We are excited to get together on the stage, which we loved, just groovin with the audience. Jason Bonham will be there with the same thunder as his father. I can only think of playing with Page, Jonesy and Jason for this tour. Quite flattering to see the admiration from our fans".

We have now confirmed that Jason Bonham will be part of the band for this tour and we now have film from the announcement of this world tour from a silver airship over London. This is unbelievable at the reaction from the fans and people.

Sorry to break in but we just spoke with one of other corrospondents in the field from London who just spoke by phone with John Paul Jones, bass and keyboards for the band. His thoughts on all of this attention and out pouring from the fans he stated " It's amazing. Jimmy and I, and Robert have been talking for a while trying to coordinate the dates as we all have individual projects going on as well.To make it work, my new venture Them Crooked Vultures will be joining in on a few of the dates we have confirmed" Mr. Jones offered no further comment. We will keep you posted on any breaking news we receive.

We are tring to contact a few of the loyal fans on the Led Zeppelin Forum to get their take on this, but we have been told they have no time to talk to us as they are all to busy arranging their personal schedules to attend the events. We are also trying to locate Jason Bonham and will report back to you with any breaking news as soon as we receive it. This is amazing to watch.

Anderson Cooper will have a full hour of Led Zeppelin tonight at 10:00PM and we will continue to update you through out the evening as we get updates here at the most trusted news ZNN.

FICTION!

The Daily Dirigible Sydney Australia

20/09/09

As momentum leading up to next Friday's Montreal concert goes into overdrive, the big question is what will the new album be like and the title?

One name touted is "The Phoenix Rises" but so far this has not been confirmed, however, there have been no denials so the mystery continues.

The other title bandied about is, "Bootleggers"?

Another unconfirmed rumour is that the album sleeve is experiencing problems with the artwork, something that is peculiar with Led Zeppelin and plagued albums of the past and none more so than this one given the release date was to be on the 25/09/09 in honour of John "Bonzo" Bonham.

An artist (who wished to remain nameless) from Hipgnosis had this to say, "We have enjoyed a very good relationship with the band over the years and it is well documented that they (Led Zeppelin) are very fastidious with how their albums are presented".

He went on to say that as with their earlier releases the fans would not be disappointed.

Music pundits are beside themselves in anticipation and once again all the theories about the direction of the band musically.

After the much and (often unfairly) maligned In Through The Out Door fans are divided on what theme if any the band has adopted this time around.

This just in.

Another possibility is that the album may contain a DVD on the making of the record.

So as a "once" famous poet said, "All will be revealed"!

Hey ZFF, it would be cool to catch up with you when the tour hits San Antonio or Dallas or Brownsville. Not sure of exact cities at this time.

Feel free to elaborate on your girlfriend's female friends in another thread if you'd like. Start a new thread if it demands one! I know I don't need to remind you, but wherever you are, whatever you do...ROCK ON!

How's it going "jabe?" I hope all is well with you. WOW, I even wrote that comment to "SteveAJones!" I apologize to "SteveAJones" and "Deborah J" if I offended them in anyway. I was pretty ripped yesterday. I'm still ripped! I just got home a few minutes ago. I would love for you guys to come by San Antonio or any city in Texas for that matter. I'll show you guys a splendid time TEXAS and CALIFORNIA STYLE rolled into one! Ha Ha! We'll drive all over town in a limosine and I'll have plenty of drugs for everyone, you can count on that! Ha Ha! The thing about this is that this is for real, this is not imagining. Ha Ha!

AH HA! You would like for me to elaborate on my girlfriend's female friends? It would take me a long time my friend! I am the luckiest son-of-a-bitch on earth at the moment! What does a man say that has it all for his own good? Live life to the fullest like there ain't no tomorrow! I'll keep holding that thought while I'm in California next week. In the mean time, have a great day and ROCK ON!

How's it going "jabe?" I hope all is well with you. WOW, I even wrote that comment to "StevaAJones!" I apologize to "SteveAJones" and "Deborah J" if I offended them in anyway. I was pretty ripped yesterday. I'm still ripped! I just got home a few minutes ago. I would love for you guys to come by San Antonio or any city in Texas for that matter. I'll show you guys a splendid time TEXAS and CALIFORNIA STYLE rolled into one! Ha Ha! We'll drive all over town in a limosine and I'll have plenty of drugs for everyone, you can count on that! Ha Ha! The thing about this is that this is for real, this is not imagining. Ha Ha!

AH HA! You would like for me to elaborate on my girlfriend's female friends? It would take me a long time my friend! I am the luckiest son-of-a-bitch on earth at the moment! What does a man say that has it all for his own good? Live life to the fullest like there ain't no tomorrow! I'll keep holding that thought while I'm in California next week. In the mean time, have a great day and ROCK ON!

Hello ZFF--no problem, you admitted to being should we say a little ripped. Look forward to talking with you:-) Have a great Sunday!

Deb

FICTION

Ever seen those B movies from the 70s with dazed zombies walking the streets? That's what it's like in Montreal at the moment. See, despite the press conference in London and subsequent coverage people just can't seem to believe this is really happening. It is a lot to absorb, but from what I understand Michael Cohl has planned a multi-million dollar publicity campaign for Canada in the week(s) ahead. I've heard dates in Toronto, Winnepeg, and Vancouver are to be announced but no confirmation as of yet.

So now, we have the promotors, the possible sponsors, the name of the tour and a quote from Rolling Stone Magazine, merchandise, the filming, bootlegging...... and other cities announced...did I miss anything?

FICTION

That's the state of play at the moment. I look forward to posting a review of the Montreal show but I don't plan to submit reviews for every show. If that means this thread dies after Friday that's fine too.

FICTIONAL

LED ZEPPELINS MIGHTY ROAR

By: World Times/ September 21, 2009

Fans from all over the world are still reeling in the fact that their Mighty Zeppelin are coming together after many have waited for decades. This band is known to be one of the greatest if not the greatest influence on Rock not to mention Blues & Soul.Coverage of the comback music event that has been in the making for decades continues.

Since the initial announcment just one day ago we have uncovered a few facts. Promoter Harvey Goldsmith and Michael Cohl, who plan on a muli million dollar publicity campaign, although we doubt it will take much promoting to fill the stadiums, arenas and venues of this loved group of the most talented musicians.

New cities announced all over the world along with a 2nd US Tour for Spring 2010.

Our entertainment correspondent spoke today by phone with Mr. Jimmy Page, usually known as the architect of the group. When asked how did the idea initally got started? Mr. Page's response "It was actually JPJ's idea, then we all got together like the old days to discuss working out the details" When asked about the Rolling Stones announcement from 9/19/09 regarding the North American Tour being sponsered by Best Buy, his response, "Yes, they will be one of the promotors, but no such exclusive deal has been signed. We will have a few other sponsors. Peter Grant taught us a few things about managing our brand".When asked about the merchandise Mr Page's response, "Our music will be available at Best Buy, but the merchandise will only be available through our official website, other than at the concert venue's.

As you can see, they are still in control. This is definitely a group not to be reckoned with.

We also had the opportunity to speak by phone to Mr. John Paul Jones, the bassist and keyboards for Led Zeppelin. When our reporter told him that Jimmy stated the idea for this tour came from him, his response, "I did want to be on stage with this group again. We could have never imagined that the turnout is as big as it is going. We all have great projects going on individually, but it was time to get out there and just play the music. Our fans love the live shows." (he smiles)

Any other news that we can report? "We are planning a final night event that will be extremely intimate for our Forum members who will have first choice. We will play some music and take time to talk to the people".

John Paul Jones , always known as the quiet, grounded one of the group surely was able to break ground on this one.

We were able to contact Mr. Robert Plant, lead vocalist by telephone and asked him about any information on the new release and he stated, "A few ballads of the new material will be implemented into the tour along with a lot of our originals. We got together as a group on the decision. looking forward to delivering what our fans expect, not just a show, but an event". (He smiles)

Finally we contacted Jason Bonham as well by phone. he stated, " I am thrilled to be a part of this, what an honor. The love I receive from the fans is what makes this so special"

Reports are also in that people are still walking aroung in kind of a haze as they await the September 25th Montreal event. Our reporter talked with people who have been waitng for decades, and this band of men have a lot of new following who will have the rare opportunity to see them bring back the magnetism of the live performnces that this band was known for. You can actually feel the excitment in the air!

We were able to contact a Forum member named the Sorcerer's Apprentice. When asked his thoughts he simply stated, "I am an enigma".

This will definitely be history in the making. The following dates have been confirmed:

9/25/09- Montreal

9/26/09 -New York

9/27/09 -New York

9/29/09 -Atlanta

10/1/09 -Austin - joined by TCV

10/3/09 -Dallas

10/5/09 -Nashville - joined by TCV

10/7/09 -Columbus

10/08/09 -Detroit- joined by TCV

10/10/09 -Toronto

10/11/09 -Boston - joined by TCV

10/13/09 -Philidelphia

10/17/09 -Birmingham UK

10/18/09 -London UK

10/24/09 -France Eiffell Tower

10/28/09 -The Giza Pyramids

10/30/09 -Mecca, saudi Arabia

11/4/09 -Rome

11/6/09 -Greece

11/10/09 -Melbourne

11/12/09 -Sydney

11/16/09 -China

11/18/09 -Russia

12/6/09 -San Francisco

12/7/09 -New Orleans

12/10/09 -The 02

1/9/2010 -Holland

1/11/2010 -Germany

1/12/2010 -France

1/21/2010 - Australia

1/23/2010 New Zealand

2/3/2010 - Vancouver

2/4/2010 -Winnepeg

The 2nd leg of the American Tour will be realeased in the next few weeks.Please contact Ticket Master for further information.

FICTION

Led Zeppelin Tour Rehearsals in Toronto

The rehearsals for the upcoming Led Zeppelin 2009/2010 world tour will take place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The stage building and preparations are to be done at Pearson International Airport in Toronto, while Led Zeppelin have rented a private school to do rehearsals leading up to Friday's tour launch at the Bell Centre in Montreal. This thread will keep you updated with rehearsals information, and will be updated often. If you have reports or comments please post them.

Weekend of Saturday/Sunday September 19-20

Equipment and crew began to arrive in Toronto and stage building has commenced. Led Zeppelin are expected to arrive on Monday to begin their final tour reherarsals.

FICTION

The band's Toronto Hotel:

http://www.fairmont.com/royalyork

Everyone is booked into The Royal York and the band arrives tomorrow. I stayed here for Page/Plant's Fourth of July concert in '98 and JPJ stayed here during his solo tour. Quite possibly my favorite hotel. It is truly spectacular and located in the heart of the city. Can't wait for the rehearsals to begin!

FICTION

Here's my hotel:

http://www.ritzmontreal.com/

Here's a a link to the venue, the Bell Centre:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Centre

When I made my hotel reservation I asked if a "James MacGregor" was booked for the night of the concert and was told yes. Leaving nothing to chance, I asked if an "I.M. Manic" was also booked and was told yes. So it

seems this is also the band's hotel.

FICTION

I'm frantically packing my bags & calling friends to find someone to walk my dog right now. The Ritz-Carlton was booked, but I snagged my boyfriend & I a room at Delta

http://www.deltahotels.com/hotels/hotels.php?hotelId=19

Hey, Steve A Jones & Deborah J, want to do lunch over the weekend? ;)

FICTION

I'm frantically packing my bags & calling friends to find someone to walk my dog right now. The Ritz-Carlton was booked, but I snagged my boyfriend & I a room at Delta

http://www.deltahotels.com/hotels/hotels.php?hotelId=19

Hey, Steve A Jones & Deborah J, want to do lunch over the weekend? ;)

FICTION

Hello ms zeppelin94!

I was able to secure a room at the Ritz-Carlton. Old connections:-). Would love to get together, can't speak for Steve A, but it would be great to meet! I am arriving Wednesday as that is the earliest I could get away. We can touch basis by Wednesday to decide where we want to meet. Look forward to talking soon.:-)

Archived