MTV online afternoon news bulletin: DVD

Hi ya'll,

Apologies if this has been already posted!

http://www.mtv.ca/news/article.jhtml?id=5678

"AHMET ERTEGUN TRIBUTE CONCERT TO COME OUT ON DVD. Good news for the millions of people who want to go to the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert on Monday, but aren't able to - the event will be recorded for a DVD release. The show, which pays tribute to the Atlantic Records co-founder, will feature performances from Foreigner, Paul Rodgers, Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts and, most notably, a reunited Led Zeppelin. There's no word on when the DVD will hit shelves."

See you all there!

Minx xx

It's probably a bunch of bullshit but one can hope it'll be recorded.

But hey, who would have thought they'd EVER get back together like this? If not a DVD, the internet has ways of helping us share!

Minx x

At last we are moving in the right direction. The more complete this is the more it is likely to smooth ruffled feathers. I don't know about y'all, but this has been an aggravating annoying experience for me and I have felt every bump in the road since 1981. It is clear that a lot of people who thought they were getting in are going to be denied at the gates, and a lot of us that could have swung it last week cannot do it now. <_< just venting.

If this is true, that's good news. I would prefer a DVD of Led Zeppelin's entire performance but a DVD of the entire event will be quite good and it's better than nothing. We shouldn't be too choosy. :)

Perhaps each artist involved may eventually allow a separate release of their performance w/proceeds going to Ahmet's various charities. Only in my dreams of course......:lol:

I love it. After five months of bitching and speculating about the gig we can all bitch and speculate about the dvd of the gig.

Hear! Hear! I agree. The Only Bitching I expected from this lot would be the many among us not lucky enough to see the show in person. It will be recorded, I mean It has too. There will be 50 versions of it avail for next year prob. The only way to see it all will be through the internet most likely. since each of the 50 or so versions will prob be "Missing" something so you need the other versions.

I have not seen it yet in here... But anyone got a take on why this is not being Pay per Viewed?

Hear! Hear! I agree. The Only Bitching I expected from this lot would be the many among us not lucky enough to see the show in person. It will be recorded, I mean It has too. There will be 50 versions of it avail for next year prob. The only way to see it all will be through the internet most likely. since each of the 50 or so versions will prob be "Missing" something so you need the other versions.

I have not seen it yet in here... But anyone got a take on why this is not being Pay per Viewed?

Jimmy for one has a long-standing distrust of audio signal quality over television. The

botched HBO telecast of the Atlantic Records '88 performance will never be forgotten.

Archived