Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Hots on for nowhere

guitar lessons

ok so i just started giving guitar lessons to one of my sisters friends who is in 7th grade and i was wondering if you guys could give me any song suggestions to teach (besides music theory stuff)...he already knows some stuff like where the frets are, the string names, and basic chords (G, C, A, E ect.) and he likes classic rock stuff too (favs: zeppelin, the beatles) any song suggestions will be nice

thank you

Well if he knows the basic chords why not Let It Be, beatles, it's simple and an easy start I guess, if he likes Pink floyd, maybe We Wish You Were Here too, maybe Knocking On Heaven's Door (dylan version) Guns n roses Patience too.

Also, maybe Bob Dylan's Don't Think Twice, too, a strumming version. Then later he can move on to the picking version. :beer:

Camp fire songs are the best ones to learn because they are more or less about strumming and not a lot of picking involved:

Coldplay - Green Eyes

Beatles - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

Led Zeppelin - Black Country Woman

Def Leppard - Two Steps Behind

Rolling Stones - Wild Horses (or as I like to sing, White Horses)

David Bowie - Starman

Doctors of Madness - I Think We're Alone

Jeff Martin - The Riverland Rambler

Johnny Cash - Jackson

Merry Christmas - Slade